Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So, why does Hagrid’s use a Virtual Queue on busy days? Is the capacity low? Standby line isn’t long enough? Or is it that popular compared to other rides? Also, when will express be offered, as the value for it is low at this park if you can’t ride this and velocicoaster with it.
My speculation was that they didn't want the queue to continue to spill out into all of lost continent/Hogsmede

so it's better to just tell people to come back later

I believe the VQ is used when the line threatens to spill out into Hogsmede (as its pretty crowded already). But from what I understand, the VQ is rolling availability so when the actual lines drops to a certain point, it reopens

I believe the VQ is used when the line threatens to spill out into Hogsmede (as its pretty crowded already). But from what I understand, the VQ is rolling availability so when the actual lines drops to a certain point, it reopens
Yea, keep refreshing throughout the day. It can reopen.

If I'm going to be attempting to rope drop this ride midweek next week, I shouldn't have to worry about Virtual Queue, right?
In the past few months, I've only seen VQ for Saturdays, for the most part. So I'm expecting it for the first day of Christmas celebration on the 13th. We're going later next week also.
Enjoy your vacation. Advance weather forecast looks pretty good. When we went in mid November 2019 that Arctic front hit the entire east coast and it was brrrrr cold, like back in Pittsburgh.

In the past few months, I've only seen VQ for Saturdays, for the most part. So I'm expecting it for the first day of Christmas celebration on the 13th. We're going later next week also.
Enjoy your vacation. Advance weather forecast looks pretty good. When we went in mid November 2019 that Arctic front hit the entire east coast and it was brrrrr cold, like back in Pittsburgh.
I know when we get slightly chilly here in Florida that everyone up north is freezing lol

We got two rides in on Hagrid's early on our vacation. So , done early in the vacation, they were the only two long lines we had to deal with. Generally, except for the very best of attractions, I
won't stand in any line for over 30 minutes. Each Hagrid's wait was apx. 45 minutes, both on days with low to medium park crowds.....And, we got lucky on the settings. First ride was in the
afternoon with a light rain falling. I've always considered a ride on a coaster, in the rain, as one of the best coaster experiences. Then, the second ride, on another day, was the coup de grace.
Namely, Hagrids in the dark, something I wasn't able to do on previous visits. And yes, as many have said, it is a superior experience :thumbsup: . If schedules, and line times permit, it's a must do.

We got two rides in on Hagrid's early on our vacation. So , done early in the vacation, they were the only two long lines we had to deal with. Generally, except for the very best of attractions, I
won't stand in any line for over 30 minutes. Each Hagrid's wait was apx. 45 minutes, both on days with low to medium park crowds.....And, we got lucky on the settings. First ride was in the
afternoon with a light rain falling. I've always considered a ride on a coaster, in the rain, as one of the best coaster experiences. Then, the second ride, on another day, was the coup de grace.
Namely, Hagrids in the dark, something I wasn't able to do on previous visits. And yes, as many have said, it is a superior experience :thumbsup: . If schedules, and line times permit, it's a must do.
My first ride was at night, I’ll literally never forget it. Was during its rough first few months but they opened it when it was dusk. Pure magic!!!

I don’t believe this has been mentioned yet, but Hagrids has been removed from early park entry until at least February. I also noticed in the app today that it is current listed as an 11am opening… any ideas why this is occurring? My guess would be cold weather perhaps?

I don’t believe this has been mentioned yet, but Hagrids has been removed from early park entry until at least February. I also noticed in the app today that it is current listed as an 11am opening… any ideas why this is occurring? My guess would be cold weather perhaps?

Maybe.

No virtual queues this weekend. I counted a 24 second interval today, seems to be running well.
They appear to have quit using virtual line for Hagrids - it wasn’t used at all from what I could tell over the holiday.

Now that it’s pretty much gone… the trick to getting a spot was to go to the website at 8:50ish for the initial drop on a normal web browser from wherever, grab a reservation, and then don’t go back to the website until you’re in the park and ready to ride. If you didn’t go back to the website, your return time could have “passed” but it wouldn’t know and wouldn’t start the 30 minute clock on your QR code until you visited the website again.