General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the deal with the preshow? I remember seeing it on opening, and now they don't use it? Or they're extremely selective about when they do.

I saw the preshow two weeks ago. Not when I rope dropped the ride, but later on in the day it was running.

Visiting soon and was wondering if Universal inflates the time for this ride or is normally pretty close to what they say? Is 90min posted actually 50min?

Visiting soon and was wondering if Universal inflates the time for this ride or is normally pretty close to what they say? Is 90min posted actually 50min?
Haven't been on it in quite a while, but about every time I have been on it wait was significantly less than what was posted. I think I once heard that they also tend to inflate the wait time to account for delays due to technical circumstances.

Reactions: Darko and Ron101
Finally got on Hagrid’s and almost met all my expectations! Audio was nice and loud and the coaster was smooth. But, this ride line moves SLOW! They can never add express to this ride unless they want two-2 hour long queues. I thought the line would move fairly quick for only standby but I guess not.

Reactions: belloq87
Finally got on Hagrid’s and almost met all my expectations! Audio was nice and loud and the coaster was smooth. But, this ride line moves SLOW! They can never add express to this ride unless they want two-2 hour long queues. I thought the line would move fairly quick for only standby but I guess not.

Agreed. The queue crawls and it's... unfortunately... not a great queue so you feel the whole wait time.

Reactions: Ron101
The queue is dependent on how many trains they are running and if they need to stop the belt for some reason, usually to pull of someone that doesn't fit. Rode Sunday and it was a shorter but slow moving line. I think they only had 6ish trains on because there were at least 5 I saw in a row then a good 3 mins of an empty load belt. I'm not sure if they just had to pull some due to issues over the day or just figure running less is better than going down for stacking if they are having issues with boarding. They use to be more agressive at screening guests but seemed to have given up on that again lately. When they have all the trains on the line flies.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The queue is dependent on how many trains they are running and if they need to stop the belt for some reason, usually to pull of someone that doesn't fit. Rode Sunday and it was a shorter but slow moving line. I think they only had 6ish trains on because there were at least 5 I saw in a row then a good 3 mins of an empty load belt. I'm not sure if they just had to pull some due to issues over the day or just figure running less is better than going down for stacking if they are having issues with boarding. They use to be more agressive at screening guests but seemed to have given up on that again lately. When they have all the trains on the line flies.

I think they're still doing work on one of the drop shafts.

I think they're still doing work on one of the drop shafts.
That's weird because for the cars they were running they seems to be maintaining the optimal gap, where the one launching out of hagrids hut and the one going to hagrids hut are side by side going under the bridge. And then a huge gap versus staggering them spaced out which I would figure would be required if a shaft was down.

When I went last week I managed 4 rides and got both sides of the drop track. They just aren't running enough trains to keep the belt constantly loading. Many moments where I was just standing there waiting for the next train to show up around the corner.
Sounds like they had enough trains riding in relation with demand. You where able to do 4 rides in a day, no upcharge or excessive planning needed, that sounds very good.

Reactions: Eckert