Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I'm late to the party on riding this, but I have to gush about it, as I was finally able to ride this this past week, once during the day (which was fun) and once at night (which was just awesome). This ride was so, so much fun, and under the watchful eye of the moon was just something so uniquely special. Ride POVs on YouTube and stuff really don't do this one any justice, IMO, and I came out with a big, goofy grin on my face during the day and was practically bouncing with every step after how fun riding it at night was. That track drop in the dark and the speed boosts and whipping through the Forbidden Forest and the ruins and the caves... God, what a true blast!

Hopefully they'll address those issues that have increased the line wait times, rumored to be ongoing drop track problems. And, as [USER=7361]@JoeCamel said, probably also need a few days downtime to fix that hillside path that partially collapsed from the hurricane.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll address those issues that have increased the line wait times, rumored to be ongoing drop track problems. And, as @Joe Camel said, probably also need a few days downtime to fix that hillside path that partially collapsed from the hurricane.
I too have heard that there have been a lot of issues with the drop track, and that often they only use one, hence the long waits, as this greatly reduces capacity. In general, I think the ride can really use a more detailed maintenance.

That like saying you just need to do more maintenance on a BWM; no you/Universal bought a PITA car/coaster.

If they can't get the drop track to work, maybe they have a slow backwards drop that lowers you to the right level with yet another switch track. These drop sections don't seem to be the most reliable.

Note: Apologies. Just armchair suppositions.

I’m gonna just take a wild guess and assume they had a problem with people stepping on the wheel housing and coupler instead of into the car. It’ll take a while for me to not notice those guards, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I'm not sure what the issue with the drops is. Intamin drop tracks have been in operation on a number of coasters around the world since 2010 without much issue - it isn't new technology. Makes me wonder if there's something else going on.