General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess? Tallest drop, heavier trains, more cycles to hit capacity.

Plus, as you alluded to before, the fact that IoA is open year-round meaning that no real refurbishment or fixes can occur in a longer offseason. Plus, operating daily means the drops are in use twice as much as parks that are only open six months a year. Hagrids is just a very complex ride system, with switch tracks, launches, drop tracks, and everything else going on. Sometimes, you can overcomplicate a ride to the point where it just can't hold up.

Reactions: anihilnation
I'm not sure what the issue with the drops is. Intamin drop tracks have been in operation on a number of coasters around the world since 2010 without much issue - it isn't new technology. Makes me wonder if there's something else going on.

I'm willing to bet those other drop track coasters cause the same amount of downtime as Hagrid, we just can't ever know since those other parks aren't as heavily reported on.

I feel like I haven't been on Hagrids in like two years, and I visit Universal once a month

Not sure if I'm alone here, but I do hope I see a 60 - 75min consistent wait someday
Probably not until they fix the drop track situation. It's like Tower over at DHS the past year. With one shaft almost always out of commission, the line times
doubled most days.

I went right after Thanksgiving with my mom, and we waited about 50-60 mins off a 120 posted wait at park opening. That was my first time on the ride in over a year :lol:

I haven't seen this talked about much, but there is a fun little easter egg in Hogwarts Legacy

They essentially recreated Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (sans the coaster track)

The synergy :jawdrop:

hogwarts-legacy-ruins.png
01_Hagrids-Magical-Creatures-Motorbike-Adventure_Coaster-Details.jpg

Video clip walkthrough

This begs an interesting question of will we see more in-park creations to other forms of media

[QUOTE="shiekra38, post: 981821, member: 1420"
This begs an interesting question of will we see more in-park creations to other forms of media
[/QUOTE]

They're currently hiring for an internship, specifically looking for experience on platforms like Meta & Roblox.

Reactions: shiekra38
I haven't seen this talked about much, but there is a fun little easter egg in Hogwarts Legacy

They essentially recreated Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (sans the coaster track)

Video clip walkthrough

My fiancee is playing this and she told me about this very excitedly lol

Reactions: shiekra38

Video clip walkthrough

Very cool. IN the run up to the release of the game you could also win a vacation at Universal Studios Orlando resort. Universal was very much in the advertising for this game. The games is awesome and runs amazing on a PS5.

Very cool. IN the run up to the release of the game you could also win a vacation at Universal Studios Orlando resort. Universal was very much in the advertising for this game. The games is awesome and runs amazing on a PS5.
It is very well done for sure

Feel sorry for the staff and the abuse they’re getting from guests today - caused by Hagrid’s being an absolute disaster all day, never seen anything like it. Fairly quiet day at IOA, line for Hagrid’s far from the worst I’ve seen it but has taken 3 hours so far and it is being evacuated now (at least the 2nd evac of the day). I hope they can get things resolved for spring break next week.

I was there on Monday and while waiting in line at FJ (for 65 minutes)_ spoke to a couple from Utah who were on a cruise and did the Universal excursion. They told me they waited in line for over 2 hours when the ride broke down and the line was cleared. I really felt badly for them as they wasted so much of their time and have not yet ridden one ride. When I walked by Hagrids, the ride was still closed, bu they were cycling. Huge crowd of people waiting for the line to reopen. Seems to me the rehab might have been a little rushed?

I was there on Monday and while waiting in line at FJ (for 65 minutes)_ spoke to a couple from Utah who were on a cruise and did the Universal excursion. They told me they waited in line for over 2 hours when the ride broke down and the line was cleared. I really felt badly for them as they wasted so much of their time and have not yet ridden one ride. When I walked by Hagrids, the ride was still closed, bu they were cycling. Huge crowd of people waiting for the line to reopen. Seems to me the rehab might have been a little rushed?
It could be worse, they could be back home in Utah

Wow I must of got lucky today. Got on Hagrid at 1 pm and got off around 2:30 pm right before it broke down I guess.