General Movies & TV Thread | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I ever get to seeing Battlestar Galactica- I don’t care for sci-fi but maybe I could make something interesting for my theme park idea- should I go for the original 70s series or the one from the 2000s?
Going back to this, I did some research and I found that that the 2000s version is 76 episodes and a movie in total, each episode is almost an hour long, and apparently it has a controversial ending. I don’t watch shows that are more than 2 or 3 seasons, and usually I don’t watch shows which episode is more than 30 minutes tops. Plus I hate when a show gets really good at first but then comes some really sucky seasons and a ending that almost ruins everything.

So my question is: without spoiling anything, is the ending really that bad and does Seasonal Rot ever take place?

April is a banger month.

We've got Evil Dead Rise, we've got Beau is Afraid, we've got Suzume, we got Showing Up (presuming you live in a major metropolitan center)...I think they're even releasing a filmed performance of the Spirited Away stage adaptation in some theaters.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

The Idol will be premiering at Cannes. Additionally, releasing alongside the HBOMax series; a brand new album will be dropping for The Idols soundtrack. This appears to be a full scale album to the quality of DawnFM and After Hours, with new songs such as Double Fantasy (which just premiered officially at Coachella).

So the last two movies in the series were straight up Mystery but this third movie looks like horror. I wonder if thats the tone for the whole film

So the last two movies in the series were straight up Mystery but this third movie looks like horror. I wonder if thats the tone for the whole film

There’s gotta be a mystery component to it I’d think since it’s still an Agatha Christie adaptation, but definitely leaning into horror which is smart since this trailer makes me interested in this movie. The last movie looked so bland I just decided not to watch.

First movie was okay, but could’ve been better. I’m hoping this is a horror mystery in the vein of Ready or Not or Barbarian.

There’s gotta be a mystery component to it I’d think since it’s still an Agatha Christie adaptation, but definitely leaning into horror which is smart since this trailer makes me interested in this movie. The last movie looked so bland I just decided not to watch.

First movie was okay, but could’ve been better. I’m hoping this is a horror mystery in the vein of Ready or Not or Barbarian.
Second film was about on par with the first. Both had pros and cons.

I do agree this one has more of a unique look and hope people see it because I'm a sucker for a fun mystery like this every year

Reactions: Nick
Saw Beau is Afraid

If your into to super indy up your own butt kinda movies then this film is for you

Hereditary is one of my favorite horror films and even Midsummer which I didnt like had some amazing shots and at least then the way the movie dealt with grief made sense. This new film feels like the director being like "how much time and money can I waste"

The movie could be considered horror but when every thing is so "exaggerated" to me it loses all tension and just becomes an excuses to do whatever you want but somehow make it boring. Just not a film for me and I love A24 but more the stories that deal with the human story like The Whale, Everything, Everywhere, Ladybird and The Farewell.

I hope "you hurt my feelings" by A24 is more of what I think they do well

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
What is everyone’s thoughts on Jury Duty on Freeve? I am not finished but as an easy watch literally anyone could enjoy, it’s a 10/10 rec from me! Idk how they do a 2nd season but this is highly entertaining.

Gareth Edwards directed and wrote this (Rogue one) So hoping its good

Gareth Edwards did a large portion of Rogue One (about 67%), but it was supposedly a huge mess of a movie until Tony Gilroy came on. Hopefully it's good, but we'll see.

he also directed monsters (good!) and godzilla (good imo!) for what it's worth. I am not a fan of rogue one, but I think many of its issues are at the script level. regardless, I think this is worth giving a shot.

Assuming that animated TV shows are allowed to be discussed here (and old shows); watching Justice League Unlimited. A lot of people love the episode “The Great Brain Robbery” and I admit, seeing Flash doing a bad imitation of Flash is pretty funny but there’s one aspect to this episode that bugs me. At one point Tala, the girl sort of has a crush on Lex Luthor, brings him to a room where it’s implied they got a little funky. The problem is that it’s Flash in Luthor’s body, something Tala was not aware of, and Lex Luthor certainly not consented to. Wasn’t WW84 criticized for a similar plot element like this?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
JLU

And most other DC animated films are amazing

Rewatched the series on HBO a few years back and it really holds up
Better then the DC live action films that’s for sure