General Movies & TV Thread | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think you'll like it. Some of the episodes are a bit abstract by design, leading to a much more rewarding story arc. The episodes are generally around 35 minutes as well making it an easy binge, with only I think 2 that are over an hour.
I really liked that actor in that other show he did. Shameless. I was curious about The Bear but I'll definitely watch the whole thing starting today

Reactions: Nick
I really liked that actor in that other show he did. Shameless. I was curious about The Bear but I'll definitely watch the whole thing starting today
Ah yes, Jeremy Allen White was part of the cast of Shameless. The Bear is filled with a great cast all around.

Haunted Mansion -- finally saw this. Didn't deserve to be a hit, but didn't deserve to flop so hard either. Lead is charismatic as hell, Owen Wilson and Tiffany Haddish are limited in screen time enough that they stay funny without becoming grating. The tone and the huge number of Easter eggs means this will probably play better on TV anyway, I imagine it will be huge come October on Disney+. (It's a better choice than Hocus Pocus or <shudder> Halloweentown.)

Haunted Mansion -- finally saw this. Didn't deserve to be a hit, but didn't deserve to flop so hard either. Lead is charismatic as hell, Owen Wilson and Tiffany Haddish are limited in screen time enough that they stay funny without becoming grating. The tone and the huge number of Easter eggs means this will probably play better on TV anyway, I imagine it will be huge come October on Disney+. (It's a better choice than Hocus Pocus or <shudder> Halloweentown.)
Mods, there’s not a report option for “Halloweentown slander”…seems like a big miss

$4 movies Sunday :) Going to se "Oppenheimer" again in 70mm

Where? Inquiring minds...

AMC, Regal, and many others:

This applies for the IMAX in Orlando I just checked. The REGAL IMAX theater in Orlando

It has good idea's but....those other films as a whole work better then this

The ending, is sooo generic you have Ghost the main villain can change reality but they went with generic bad guys attacking. It felt by the end of the film they just gave up

I do think the characters are/could be interesting but the story fails them and for sure many ghosts are just not well done.

Its a 6/10 film that will be fun to watch at Halloween but....it's getting a fair shake from people.

Like BB, it's not that fine/good films should be punished but with these budgets and talents people want more and deserve it we get a movie every week in theaters, so writers/directors need to make more stories that stand out and are interesting or you will fail at the box office now

The thing with Haunted Mansion is if Disney ever does another reboot 15-20 years from now, they need to properly understand what HM is in the theatrical space - it's a B-movie that only commands a B-movie budget to be successful. Haunted Mansion will always pull in a minimum amount of money due to name recognition anyway (it doesn't really need big names in the cast to inflate the budget) and for goodness sakes actually release it in September or October, unlike what they've done for either HM movie so far.

Give it $30-$40M max for a horror comedy budget (that's roughly what The Boogeyman had and a bit more than The Blackening) and you probably not only can't go wrong, but you also probably end up with a higher caliber product because you have to get more creative with resources at hand. In no world is this a film worth $150M budget.

Actually treat this like a horror comedy instead of a blockbuster and you'll see results.

Currently watching a tv show from the 90s; Xena: Warrior Princess.

A lot of people say the third season is where the show peaks… is it really though? First of all it was disappointing that Gabrielle’s first kill was just brushed off in favor for a pregnancy story because the writers weren’t interested in exploring Gabrielle’s psychological issues and the latest episode I watched… The Bitter Suite.

So Xena had a son and because of Gabrielle hiding the fact that she hid her demon baby, said demon baby kills the son. I was figuring that maybe Xena and Gabrielle would have like a big falling out, that the show would start getting more serious… but then this episode turns into a CAMPY (BLEEPING) MUSICAL of all things and by the end Xena and Gabrielle just reconcile like all things are good… I’m sorry did they just forget that their own children died by each other’s hands? And that Ares and (possibly) Callisto probably influenced them to do so? Sorry but while I adore the first two seasons, I’m nearly thinking of quitting right now.
So I finished the third season and skipped to the series finale.

While I appreciate that the show attempted to get more serious, it’s too overshadowed by many moments of wasted potential. I didn’t like that Ares gets turned into a lap dog for the dark god villain, said dark god villain has basically zero characterization and is literally a wall of flame for all of his screentime, Callisto is rather stupid here and inconsistent with her power set as a goddess. And the season finale ends on a cliffhanger which I read had a lame and boring explanation in the next season so I didn’t feel compelled to watch. Honestly the comedic episodes were the best parts of this season.

I already disliked how Callisto went out but it’s still better than what I read happens in the later seasons. She turns into an angel? Really? Season 5 supposedly brought this series moreso to Christianity, despite this supposing to be based on Ancient Greece legends, amongst some other aspects made me skip to the finale, which is honestly pretty good and reminds me of Endgame’s ending.

Seeing Saw and Taylor but not much interest in the other films.

If it works for them then great but I think Barbenheimeris like a thing people made, if studios try it I think most people will reject the idea