General Movies & TV Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Find it interesting they are doing a direct sequel to the movie since it was already done on the TV show (which was excellent, BTW). I guess the figured no one has seen it anyways...

I saw A Haunting in Venice Yesterday.

I think it might be the best of the three films made by Kenneth Branagh adapting Agatha Christie's books.

Much more natural shots then the first two films, there us just less CGI happening and the film feels more authentic because of it.

The cast did well and it's an interesting case and very much has Halloween Vibes, so will be putting this in my movies I watch around Halloween time. I will say it's not too scary so people who don't like horror nights should like this and horror fans will like some of the shots and how its filmed but don't expect it to be like the Nun 2.

apologies for the double post, but it's stunning how successful these Conjuringverse films continue to be. the nun 2, a sequel to a so-so horror film that is a spinoff of a very good horror film, has already made nearly $180 million worldwide on a $40 million budget. it was released just two weeks ago. even as someone who loves these films (Conjuring 2 may be my favorite modern horror film) I haven't seen The Nun 2 yet. and yet ... here we are!

Started watching Solar Opposites on Hulu. It’s a great jump into Adult Animation for them and I had high expectations considering it’s from Justin Roiland.
Bringing this up because I watched the show earlier this year and finished season 4 pretty quick after it came out.

Was not a fan of the new voice but it grew on me and honestly season 4, I think was the best season for the aliens. I think the Wall plot has kinda...gone down hill. Season 1/2 those were great stories and think the newer stuff is still good but not as interesting, at least to me

Paramount changed around a bunch of it's 2024 schedule, moving some films back by a full year and some up by a few weeks. The most notable changes are MI: Dead Reckoning (Part 2) moving to 2025 and A Quiet Place: Day One moving to Summer.

Magazine Dreams, which was thought after its screening in January to be a major potential awards film (which is why Disney scooped it up), has been removed from the calendar due to the Jonathan Majors situation, which now sees him on trial.

Magazine Dreams, which was thought after its screening in January to be a major potential awards film (which is why Disney scooped it up), has been removed from the calendar due to the Jonathan Majors situation, which now sees him on trial.
Script is supposedly really good, shame it has to be tied to all this.