Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For anyone who has been on recently, how has the virtual line been? Going to the park in the next few weeks and wondering if it’s still going within seconds like Ratatouille or if it’s just damn near impossible to get one like Rise.
I was wondering the same exact thing.

7 AM drops tend to last upwards of a couple of minutes now and 1 PM drops tend to last a few hours (with some obvious exceptions on weird days).

View attachment 16933

(Image courtesy of gerarar at WDWMagic)

Thank you for this! Good to know there's at least a chance of getting one at 7am but looks good for later. I must admit I was hoping the VL would be gone by now but maybe it's running quite well with it.

7 AM drops tend to last upwards of a couple of minutes now and 1 PM drops tend to last a few hours (with some obvious exceptions on weird days).

View attachment 16933

(Image courtesy of gerarar at WDWMagic)
While I'm really hoping the VQ will be gone by the time I go on Sep 20th, I'm really glad to know that boarding groups are a lot easier to get at least! I'm going guess this is because the ride operation is getting into its grove and more people have gotten their rides in during their Summer vacation. Please VQ be gone by September!

While I'm really hoping the VQ will be gone by the time I go on Sep 20th, I'm really glad to know that boarding groups are a lot easier to get at least! I'm going guess this is because the ride operation is getting into its grove and more people have gotten their rides in during their Summer vacation. Please VQ be gone by September!
VQ will be gone whenever TRON opens in all likelihood. I expect TRON to open the first week of December.

The buzz around this attraction seems to have declined quite quickly. WDW Magic, usually a good indicator, has only had around a dozen, or so, Guardians forum posts since mid July. and most of those were
discussions about Universal's Mummy attraction. So, like Nick says, I'd expect VQ will be gone in a few months, especially with Tron opening.

Reactions: SkiBum
The buzz around this attraction seems to have declined quite quickly. WDW Magic, usually a good indicator, has only had around a dozen, or so, Guardians forum posts since mid July. and most of those were
discussions about Universal's Mummy attraction. So, like Nick says, I'd expect VQ will be gone in a few months, especially with Tron opening.

With the VQ being available for longer and longer periods, I don't see how they would justify anything beyond Christmas. If they do open Tron, only having one ride in VQ would probably be beneficial. I have a feeling that Tron will be very popular, probably more so than Guardians. Heck, they might even VQ the railroad :tease:. I have wondered what the actual capacity on Guardians is, though, and how much downtime that it has had.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's such a shame. The ride itself is awesome: I think it just the right amount of fun, thrill, and re-rideability and should be receiving much more praise and buzz because of it. Unfortunately it has an extremely boring preshow, no re-rideability or long line hype because of the VQ, and the articles of it getting people sick really has really wiped off the shine on this thing. I was there on opening day and it didn't feel special at all...

It's such a shame. The ride itself is awesome: I think it just the right amount of fun, thrill, and re-rideability and should be receiving much more praise and buzz because of it. Unfortunately it has an extremely boring preshow, no re-rideability or long line hype because of the VQ, and the articles of it getting people sick really has really wiped off the shine on this thing. I was there on opening day and it didn't feel special at all...
Yeah, after Rise putting a really bad taste in everyone's mouth from the VQ experience, once they heard that this was going to have that, they were probably like, "Nah, I'm good. I'll wait till VQ is gone".

Can't say I'm surprised about the lack of buzz, while the motion sickness issues can certainly be a factor, the literal buzzkill is the combo of Boarding Groups and Park Reservations. Not everyone wants to dedicate their morning/day at Epcot for the chance of getting on one ride, and that's one of the only ways you can get on it. Individual Lightning Lane is normally snatched up by resort guests, so you're out of luck their if you're local or staying off-site. And the third option of the Extra Magic Hours is for Deluxe Resort Guests only. It's really hard to create a buzz when there's so many limitations to get to it, and folks don't wanna' deal with that.

I'll be down there in a couple weeks, and I only have Epcot planned for one day. So I hope to heck I can get both an Individual Lightning Lane and a Boarding Group from the 1pm drop.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Personally I love VL - I've never not gotten one when trying (including RotR) and I get to essentially walk right on to a brand new ride for free. When I go in the evenings, I just know that I'm not going to go on it and that doesn't bother me. I get why some people don't like, but I've posted here before why they do it and after RotR it has nothing to do with reliability - it isn't going away while Jeff is still president.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I like the virtual line and hate when they remove it. It’s the closest I can get to the old free fastpass system. Lightning lane has made every queue move so slow and it definitely detracts from me waiting. I feel like for this attraction the queue will 100% be outside when they take it away, which will also lower the interest I’ll have in waiting in the queue.

Can't say I'm surprised about the lack of buzz, while the motion sickness issues can certainly be a factor, the literal buzzkill is the combo of Boarding Groups and Park Reservations. Not everyone wants to dedicate their morning/day at Epcot for the chance of getting on one ride, and that's one of the only ways you can get on it. Individual Lightning Lane is normally snatched up by resort guests, so you're out of luck their if you're local or staying off-site. And the third option of the Extra Magic Hours is for Deluxe Resort Guests only. It's really hard to create a buzz when there's so many limitations to get to it, and folks don't wanna' deal with that.

I'll be down there in a couple weeks, and I only have Epcot planned for one day. So I hope to heck I can get both an Individual Lightning Lane and a Boarding Group from the 1pm drop.
Headline story today from the WDW Magic Administrator: "For the second consecutive day today, the 7AM VQ has lasted longer than the 1PM distribution. Today's 7 AM drop reached capacity in 32 seconds, with the 1PM drop completed in 26 seconds.....
In addition to the distribution shift , the ride has been seeing some lengthy downtime for the past week..... And numerous reports of the transportation pre show being skipped entirely."

Reactions: shiekra38
The rotation on this ride is really programmed terribly

It's unnatural the way it turns and "points" at things...but kind of doesn't

Time Traveler is literally spinning the whole time and yet it feels very natural

The preshow is great, but its a real issue with trying to do child swap. I wish Disney would implement something similar to what Universal has. My son loved it the first 2 times but after the 3rd he hasn't wanted to go back on, which means we can't go on because of the 20 minutes of preshow before getting to the final queue

Reactions: Freak
This has some info...

Thank you! I’m going on the 20th which is a weekday so now I feel extremely confident I will get probably two rides. 7 AM slot being open for 30 min? That’s amazing!

I’m betting on VQ being axed by the time I go, but it looks favorable either way. I’m excited to ride!