Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Excited to ride this thing tomorrow! About to leave soon for my flight to Orlando!

I have one more stupid question to ask: What are the opening times for the VQ? I know 7 is one of them and I’m pretty sure there’s a 12 noon slot? Just asking in case I can get an additional BG

Excited to ride this thing tomorrow! About to leave soon for my flight to Orlando!

I have one more stupid question to ask: What are the opening times for the VQ? I know 7 is one of them and I’m pretty sure there’s a 12 noon slot? Just asking in case I can get an additional BG
7am and 1pm.

7am can be acquired if on the app immediately upon drop. 1pm drop usually sticks around longer and you have around 30-40 mins to grab a VQ after those drop, although the earlier you can get one the better. Only one VQ per day, so if you get one at 7, you can't get one at 1. You can only ride it multiple times if you do VQ and Lightning Lane, but given VQ is free and (fairly) easy to acquire, there's not a ton of reason to do a LL unless you just want to save yourself on time.

If you get a VQ in the morning, it'll probably give you a wait time of 550 or so minutes, but my experience is that it always overestimates in case of downtime and the 550 is usually more like 360. It's also not something that they will actively tell you, but you don't worry if you are running a bit late for your VQ. They are strict on people showing up earlier than their time slot, but as long as you show up after your time is called, you should be good.

You can only get 1 free boarding group per day. If you get one at the 7am drop, you cannot get one at 1pm.

The only way to get a second admission to Cosmic Rewind, currently, during regular park hours, is to purchase an individual Lightning Lane. It costs between $14 and $17 each depending on how busy the park is. On-site hotel guests can purchase a LL at 7am. Everyone else can purchase it at park opening time. (You do not need to be in the park to purchase a LL.)

Between your free Boarding Group AND your purchased Lightning Lane, you can then ride twice in one day.

Reactions: MrRoamer
7am and 1pm.

7am can be acquired if on the app immediately upon drop. 1pm drop usually sticks around longer and you have around 30-40 mins to grab a VQ after those drop, although the earlier you can get one the better. Only one VQ per day, so if you get one at 7, you can't get one at 1. You can only ride it multiple times if you do VQ and Lightning Lane, but given VQ is free and (fairly) easy to acquire, there's not a ton of reason to do a LL unless you just want to save yourself on time.

If you get a VQ in the morning, it'll probably give you a wait time of 550 or so minutes, but my experience is that it always overestimates in case of downtime and the 550 is usually more like 360. It's also not something that they will actively tell you, but you don't worry if you are running a bit late for your VQ. They are strict on people showing up earlier than their time slot, but as long as you show up after your time is called, you should be good.
You can only get 1 free boarding group per day. If you get one at the 7am drop, you cannot get one at 1pm.

The only way to get a second admission to Cosmic Rewind, currently, during regular park hours, is to purchase an individual Lightning Lane. It costs between $14 and $17 each depending on how busy the park is. On-site hotel guests can purchase a LL at 7am. Everyone else can purchase it at park opening time. (You do not need to be in the park to purchase a LL.)

Between your free Boarding Group AND your purchased Lightning Lane, you can then ride twice in one day.
Oh rip. Was really hoping to get at least two rides. I may shell out the cash for LL even though I reeeeally hate that idea. A small price to pay for salvation I guess.

Thanks for the head’s up! Got the tickets all linked and have my alarm set for 5 before 7 tomorrow!

Reactions: Nick and Alicia
Oh rip. Was really hoping to get at least two rides. I may shell out the cash for LL even though I reeeeally hate that idea. A small price to pay for salvation I guess.

Thanks for the head’s up! Got the tickets all linked and have my alarm set for 5 before 7 tomorrow!

Hopefully you get in! We went last Tuesday, hopped over at 1, got our boarding passes, and our return time ended up being about 6:15. It’s a blast!

I thought you couldnt park hop until 2 at WDW. Are you able to get a boarding pass if you have a park hopper ticket but not in the park yet?

Yeah, that was my bad for not being clearer. I typed 1 instead of 2 because we left Hollywood Studios at 1 and took the Skyliner over to Epcot, but we were there right on the dot to be let in to get our passes.

Well, I finally did it! I rode twice with the first time doing LL and the second time through a boarding group. Although I’m usually morally opposed to the LL, I really REALLY wanted two rides on this thing knowing that just one ride was t going to do it for me…so I caved and have the mouse my shekels. But anyway, here’s my thorough review:

Expedition Everest has been my all-time favorite Disney coaster, until I rode this recently. This is now my favorite. While o wouldn’t put this in as a top 10 coaster, it was crazy stupid fun! It was basically Space Mountain on crack and two shots of espresso. It struck the absolute perfect balance of being not too intense for families but just right for thrill-seekers. I was pleasantly surprised how exhilarating the ride was for such a low height requirement! Man that thing felt like it moved!
The best way I would describe the coaster experience would be that it’s very “floaty”, fast, slightly disorienting, out-of-control and exhilarating. I would say Mummy at USF is just a little more intense and I say that from the jarring pop of airtime you get from the first uphill launch and the forces you get in those turns.

For those who want to know, I say in the second from front car my first ride and then the front car in the second two the second time. Got “One Way or Another” and “Disco Inferno on my rides.
All in all, I still think the Mummy at USF wins as my all-tike favorite themed indoor coaster, but man is it close. Mummy has practical effects and airtime while Cosmic Rewind has length, disorientation, and “fun”. While I don’t think this is the best ride at WDW (That honor goes to Rise), I do think it’s the best coaster at WDW. It’s a real shame they’re blowing that last big chunk of space at DCA for what will likely be a screen-heavy dark ride. If the Avengers E-ticket at DCA were to be this but themed to the Avengers, I think this would be perfect. DCA needs a really solid themed family coaster and this would fit the bill perfectly.

One last thing: never got any motion sickness on either on my rides, but I almost never get sick on anything. I am savoring that while it lasts LOL. It is worth mentioning that while I didn’t get sick, I did feel VERY disoriented for a second or two right after the car finished that first hill. My eyes were fixed to the starfield beam in my left right after the flashing lights. I thought I was completely sideways for a second I was so out of it. But that added to the thrill for me!

So, yeah. Preshow was kinda cool. Queue was nice. Like how they tried to make it Epcot-y….Glad to have gotten to finally rode this! Perfect ride for Epcot and a great coaster to WDW’s roster.

Well, I finally did it! I rode twice with the first time doing LL and the second time through a boarding group. Although I’m usually morally opposed to the LL, I really REALLY wanted two rides on this thing knowing that just one ride was t going to do it for me…so I caved and have the mouse my shekels. But anyway, here’s my thorough review:

Expedition Everest has been my all-time favorite Disney coaster, until I rode this recently. This is now my favorite. While o wouldn’t put this in as a top 10 coaster, it was crazy stupid fun! It was basically Space Mountain on crack and two shots of espresso. It struck the absolute perfect balance of being not too intense for families but just right for thrill-seekers. I was pleasantly surprised how exhilarating the ride was for such a low height requirement! Man that thing felt like it moved!
The best way I would describe the coaster experience would be that it’s very “floaty”, fast, slightly disorienting, out-of-control and exhilarating. I would say Mummy at USF is just a little more intense and I say that from the jarring pop of airtime you get from the first uphill launch and the forces you get in those turns.

For those who want to know, I say in the second from front car my first ride and then the front car in the second two the second time. Got “One Way or Another” and “Disco Inferno on my rides.
All in all, I still think the Mummy at USF wins as my all-tike favorite themed indoor coaster, but man is it close. Mummy has practical effects and airtime while Cosmic Rewind has length, disorientation, and “fun”. While I don’t think this is the best ride at WDW (That honor goes to Rise), I do think it’s the best coaster at WDW. It’s a real shame they’re blowing that last big chunk of space at DCA for what will likely be a screen-heavy dark ride. If the Avengers E-ticket at DCA were to be this but themed to the Avengers, I think this would be perfect. DCA needs a really solid themed family coaster and this would fit the bill perfectly.

One last thing: never got any motion sickness on either on my rides, but I almost never get sick on anything. I am savoring that while it lasts LOL. It is worth mentioning that while I didn’t get sick, I did feel VERY disoriented for a second or two right after the car finished that first hill. My eyes were fixed to the starfield beam in my left right after the flashing lights. I thought I was completely sideways for a second I was so out of it. But that added to the thrill for me!

So, yeah. Preshow was kinda cool. Queue was nice. Like how they tried to make it Epcot-y….Glad to have gotten to finally rode this! Perfect ride for Epcot and a great coaster to WDW’s roster.
I love reviews that mention the ride as "Fun'. That's probably the most important factor of any attraction , and it's often ignored by the 'techno is only important' crowd.....Heh, your review didn't even mention the obtuse
approach angle, gravitational force, speed, and other who cares technical bs. :lol: ....Your Great review got to the essence of the ride.:toast:

Love reading this. We're at Universal for the week and doing a day at Hollywood Studios tomorrow. I've been waffling on whether or not we should try add park hopping to our ticket to try and ride this. My girlfriend is probably sick of hearing me talk about it. I've been paying attention to the app the last two days and I'm seeing boarding groups lasting for a long time, as well as ILL. Sounds like if we decide to spend the money, we'll be able to ride.

Love reading this. We're at Universal for the week and doing a day at Hollywood Studios tomorrow. I've been waffling on whether or not we should try add park hopping to our ticket to try and ride this. My girlfriend is probably sick of hearing me talk about it. I've been paying attention to the app the last two days and I'm seeing boarding groups lasting for a long time, as well as ILL. Sounds like if we decide to spend the money, we'll be able to ride.
“DEW IT”.

Boarding groups are shockingly easy to get. Plus if you REALLY want to ride again, you at least have the LL option.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Is it possible to do this ride if you don’t have a park reservation and are planning on park hopping to EPCOT after 2? I just figured the app wouldn’t let you enter the virtual queue until you got into the park and by that point it could be too late

Is it possible to do this ride if you don’t have a park reservation and are planning on park hopping to EPCOT after 2? I just figured the app wouldn’t let you enter the virtual queue until you got into the park and by that point it could be too late

Unless the virtual queue doesn't run out of slots, then your only option is purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane in the morning. You just have to select a timeframe that's after 2pm.

Reactions: LikeMike

You can buy ILL, but you cannot get a boarding group unless you're scanned into Epcot.

We parked hopped from Hollywood Studios a couple of Fridays ago. Bought ILL around noon and then arrived at Epcot around 3:00 PM. As soon as we scanned into the park, we were able to get a boarding group as well. For reference, our estimated return time was one minute before park close, so we likely got one of the last groups.

Reactions: LikeMike
I was in Epcot for the 40th celebration and actually couldn’t get a VQ at 7. I ended up getting one at the 1pm slot, but didn’t ride till 8:30. I have to say the ride was awesome. By luck, I got front row on the ride and it was great to have an unobstructed view of everything, even though it wizzed by pretty quick. The queue and pre-show were good, but I kinda lost the storyline on the ride itself. I got “Conga” and it synced really well with the ride profile. Can’t wait to ride again in November!

The success of this overlay will depend entirely on which songs they pick.

If they're not going to stick to songs exclusively from the 1970s/1980s, and assuming they can license them, then I think "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee, "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms, and "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Darlene Love would be incredible choices.

Reactions: Nick and Alicia
Got to ride this yesterday and I loved it! And I didn’t get any bit nauseous but then again I never do. I thought the pre shows were great and full of the hysterical banter the films are known for.

I was incredibly disappointed that Bradley Cooper wasn’t voicing Rocket and kind of surprised since all the other actors are in it. Is there any word out there as to why Cooper didn’t voice Rocket?

Sorry if it’s been asked and answered I went back about 10 pages but didn’t see it asked.