Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

So after seeing a video with better audio, the tracklist for the song is as such.

"Run Run Rocket", with interspersed guitar sections of Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls and...Go Tell It On the Mountain...

Also, at the break run there is one custom bit of dialogue.

Rocket: "Look, let's make something perfectly clear. All I want for Christmas is the Cosmic Generator"
Gamora: "Rocket..."
Rocket: "What? I've been really good this year."

That's it!

The issue isn't the overlay being one song, after all that's what DCA's Monsters After Dark is and that overlay is widely praised. The issue here are the choices made for this song, and the sheer fact they did nothing else to the ride for the overlay, so it really doesn't work at all.

Having gone on it now, gonna have to agree it’s a miss. It’s not really instantly recognizable as a Christmas song, but if you’re listening for it you’re like “oh, okay, I kinda get it.” It’s also not really a medley, it’s dominated by the song mentioned in the spoiler tag above.

The pros—since it’s an original mix it syncs better to the track than any other song (for example, a burst of instrumental as you speed out of the moon helix). I also struggle to think of one single song that would embody the Guardians vibe while also fitting a coaster, so in that sense the original mash-up works.

But overall I’d say it’s pretty disappointing.

We tried to get on it three different mornings and afternoons on our on site vacation in April. Never got on. I hate VQ.

As much as I despise VQ outside of the initial opening... I sincerely doubt you were unable to get VQ for GOTG. Tron I can understand, but there's been multiple days I've showed up at Epcot past 7 PM and received a VQ for it. The 1 PM distribution has remained open for a few hours in the past few months now.

As much as I despise VQ outside of the initial opening... I sincerely doubt you were unable to get VQ for GOTG. Tron I can understand, but there's been multiple days I've showed up at Epcot past 7 PM and received a VQ for it. The 1 PM distribution has remained open for a few hours in the past few months now.
Tried every day we went to Epcot, promptly at 7:00Am and then in the afternoon. Always showed it was filled. This was late April, and the crowds were only moderate level. I never tried Tron. I have zero interest in the 60 second coaster.

Tried every day we went to Epcot, promptly at 7:00Am and then in the afternoon. Always showed it was filled. This was late April, and the crowds were only moderate level. I never tried Tron. I have zero interest in the 60 second coaster.

I had a friend who had the magic touch. I granted him access to my account and he booked my Guardians VQ for me in February. Awesome guy. Then, after riding, I chose to purchase an ILL and thus got two rides same day.

This is a design failure.

How in the world would something like this even happen? Presumably she was locked in so did she just go around the lock or had they unlocked the RVs already since it looks like they were being evaced?

I honestly cannot even try to guess with my own experience with this ride since it's been so long since i've even been on the ride that i've literally forgotten most of it.

The only negative thing about the GOTG stand-by queue is that the actual interior queue can only hold about 30ish minutes of actual queuing.

This is a design failure.

How in the world would something like this even happen? Presumably she was locked in so did she just go around the lock or had they unlocked the RVs already since it looks like they were being evaced?

I honestly cannot even try to guess with my own experience with this ride since it's been so long since i've even been on the ride that i've literally forgotten most of it.

The seats are pretty large, so if the restraint isn't too tight, you can easily wiggle your way out. Not saying this is what caused it, but I'm still surprised Disney doesn't physically check restraints, unlike other parks that require employees to push/pull to check.

I also just question the lack of common sense being displayed here and the Splash Mountain incident a week ago. Where exactly do you plan on going? What is so important for you to potentially risk your life should ride vehicles begin to move?

I also just question the lack of common sense being displayed here and the Splash Mountain incident a week ago. Where exactly do you plan on going? What is so important for you to potentially risk your life should ride vehicles begin to move?

While I don't know if the RV's were unlocked or not, apparently the context on why she jumped out was they were stuck for 20 minutes, and she needed to use the bathroom.