Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Probably worded what I meant incorrectly. Like your example, since there was so much chatter going on, it doesn't mean it was non-feasible and not at least somewhere along the planning stage at UC when those insiders talked about it. We've heard lots of rumours here that didn't come to pass, I don't doubt their legitimacy at the time because they never came to be though.

So yes, while the rapid run of GoTG plans doesn't guarantee Disney is actually following through, it still leads me to believe the chatter at least makes it very feasible - or Disney at least thinks it is or wants it to be.

The article was great by the way, but I still really don't see how GoTG is precluded or really covered by the language anywhere. The main argument seems to be GoTG appearing in the MCU (which isn't what the contract even covers) retroactively brings them into the Avengers family. That seems silly to me. It would be like Marvel doing a weird future comic book run where they pulled characters out of the Star Wars Universe and introduced them into the Avengers (stranger things have happened in comic books). In no way would Disney retroactively lose the Star Wars rights to Universal as a result.

I don't think it's about retroactively bringing GOTG into the Avengers when they were already featured in the comics with them before the contract was written.

Designing beforehand would keep some imagineers happily employed.

Exactly what @testtrack321 was getting at.

Rumors are tricky business. Part of reason why we aren't so up front with them anymore. If you're right, you're praised; wrong, crucified.

If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't think the WDWM guys are now a crap source, just got this wrong. Same for us. There's so many freaking variables and games and smokescreen switch this... I think every insider commenting on this should be given a mulligan. :lol:

A much better and detailed summary of what I was trying to get across :)
Yes, I understood both your points very well and not arguing them, and never did, and not only should people cool their jets that this is going to happen, but to cool their jets when jumping known insiders with good reputations.

Again, as I've said, and will restate again, this is nowhere near a done deal, and there are more than a few roadblocks. I've known Martin for years, he's not a BS artist or attention seeker.

Exactly what @testtrack321 was getting at.

Rumors are tricky business. Part of reason why we aren't so up front with them anymore. If you're right, you're praised; wrong, crucified.

If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't think the WDWM guys are now a crap source, just got this wrong. Same for us. There's so many freaking variables and games and smokescreen switch this... I think every insider commenting on this should be given a mulligan. :lol:
I understand completely. I love hearing insider information but it is with the understanding but it could simply be just talk or change later.

I tend not to believe anything is concrete until I see concrete and even then it can change. At least when you see physical construction there is a plan, permits and a budget.

Yes, I understood both your points very well and not arguing them, and never did, and not only should people cool their jets that this is going to happen, but to cool their jets when jumping known insiders with good reputations.

Again, as I've said, and will restate again, this is nowhere near a done deal, and there are more than a few roadblocks. I've known Martin for years, he's not a BS artist or attention seeker.

I'd still consider myself fairly new around here and I was quite skeptical at first but when a lot of members who's opinion I trust say the things you're saying about him, it doesn't sound like it's some fan boy dream.

I've heard enough rumours and seen enough concept art for rides that never were over the years to know that things can change at any time.

Reactions: misterID
I've known Martin for years, he's not a BS artist or attention seeker.

I don't think so either, let me say I think he is getting bad info from an overly confident source.

What if I told you UC did a treatment for Avatar replacing T2 using motion simulators replicating flying on the banshees? And once Cameron told them he wanted more, a land, they told him to take a hike? Also fold this into that BS line about how UC "copied" Disney's treatment for Potter with Hogsmead (five words: "animal kingdom, desks, fantastic beasts").

I don't think so either, let me say I think he is getting bad info from an overly confident source.

What if I told you UC did a treatment for Avatar replacing T2 using motion simulators replicating flying on the banshees? And once Cameron told them he wanted more, a land, they told him to take a hike? Also fold this into that BS line about how UC "copied" Disney's treatment for Potter with Hogsmead (five words: "animal kingdom, desks, fantastic beasts").
Desks? I thought I read that Disney's Potter pitch was TSMM with wands.

Edit: I found the original post where I read that. It also said DHS and not AK.

Last edited:

I remember Disneyhead posting on Magic YEARS ago about Avatar taking over T2. That was a blast from the past!

I knew was offered Avatar to Universal before Disney but passed on it.I didn't know it was for the fact they didn't want a full land.

Well if they announce one, and not the other, I think that's a good sign of 'nope'. :lol:

I don't see it happening still but if it was, there is no way they would do it now. They would be as well just closing DHS as there would be nothing to do in the park and to help speed up construction on everything going on.

Yes and no.
From the deal....

Two ways WB gets rights back is if six flags defaults on payments at their parks/or if they get bought out (currently valued at 3.8 billion).

I've made note of the fact if you had made a basket of stocks from Theme Park operators after the initial shock of the last recession and the culling had subsided. Say a basket of Cedar, Six Flags, Village Road House, Merlin, ect. You would have cleaned up. Six Flags seems to be churning along nicely so I don't see a default coming but Comcast could buy them out. Six Flags closest property to Florida today Arlanta. Might we see a Six Flags attempt at a new park. If Comcast were to aquire the chain, there's another Gate.

I've made note of the fact if you had made a basket of stocks from Theme Park operators after the initial shock of the last recession and the culling had subsided. Say a basket of Cedar, Six Flags, Village Road House, Merlin, ect. You would have cleaned up. Six Flags seems to be churning along nicely so I don't see a default coming but Comcast could buy them out. Six Flags closest property to Florida today Arlanta. Might we see a Six Flags attempt at a new park. If Comcast were to aquire the chain, there's another Gate.

Six Flags is focused on international development right now. They're working on a park in China and it's the first park they've built since 1971. I don't see them expanding in the US again after they sold off those 7 tiny regional parks right before their bankruptcy in the late '00s.

Six Flags is focused on international development right now. They're working on a park in China and it's the first park they've built since 1971. I don't see them expanding in the US again after they sold off those 7 tiny regional parks right before their bankruptcy in the late '00s.

They grew by buying existing parks but that didn't work well. But.... you are forgetting the PowerPlant in Baltimore where they refused to include rides and it failed.