Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Six Flags is focused on international development right now. They're working on a park in China and it's the first park they've built since 1971. I don't see them expanding in the US again after they sold off those 7 tiny regional parks right before their bankruptcy in the late '00s.
They just began work on Six Flags Dubai.

They grew by buying existing parks but that didn't work well. But.... you are forgetting the PowerPlant in Baltimore where they refused to include rides and it failed.

Did I forget or did I just skip over it because it deserves to be forgotten forever. Poor Goddard Group.

They just began work on Six Flags Dubai.

Oh neat. That's actually happening, probably, unless it gets cancelled again.

Six Flags is really just licensing the names and concepts for Dubai and China. They are being financed and built by outside companies.

I could see Six Flags expanding again through mergers and acquisitions. They almost merged with Cedar Fair when the two companies were both in bad financial situations, and they looked into acquiring SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment when InBev looked to sell the parks division off.

I could see Six Flags expanding again through mergers and acquisitions. They almost merged with Cedar Fair when the two companies were both in bad financial situations, and they looked into acquiring SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment when InBev looked to sell the parks division off.

I just don't see an attractive enough portfolio for Six Flags to go after. Palace Entertainment is too small. SeaWorld has the whole Blackfish and animal care issue. Cedar Fair is too big. Maybe Herschend? But I don't think Dollywood branding would survive that.

So apparently this is slated for "latter half of 2020"? Yeah, this project isn't happening.
What's so unbelievable? Let's say it's announced next year during D23 and UoE closes in the latter half of the year which has been hinted at. That gives the perfectly Disney timeline of 3 years to gut the building and build the new E Ticket which has been said to be much more work than the ToT overlay. The attraction wouldn't be "late" either since the Gaurdians will appear in Infinity War Part 2 in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if Universal opens their Avengers E around the same time as well.

What's so unbelievable? Let's say it's announced next year during D23 and UoE closes in the latter half of the year which has been hinted at. That gives the perfectly Disney timeline of 3 years to gut the building and build the new E Ticket which has been said to be much more work than the ToT overlay. The attraction wouldn't be "late" either since the Gaurdians will appear in Infinity War Part 2 in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if Universal opens their Avengers E around the same time as well.
Star Lord is in Part 1.

The intention for Infinity War besides Thanos is to have the Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers and other big Marvel heros crossover into a mega-event film; hence why it's two parts.

As I said, you have technically until 2018 until the Infinity War begins as I believe it's been said that Bradley Cooper (Rocket) and Chris Pratt (Starlord) are already getting into it soon, leading sense that we'll hear more to follow of having the rest of the Guardians to come.

Reactions: Mike S
So apparently this is slated for "latter half of 2020"? Yeah, this project isn't happening.

I am still in the not happening camp, but late 2020 is pretty early when you consider Avatar is 2017, TSL is 2018, and SWL is either 2019/2020. That would mean it would have to put SWL late 2019 and this late 2020. I can't imagine SWL and this opening at the same time. I would think if they are re-doing Epcot it would have been 2021.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm still on denial mode for all of it.

Once Disney announces things I will go into meltdown mode, but for now... ignorance...
760459.jpg

This will start after Avatar opens.

"Guardians of the Spirit of EPCOT!"

NOT!!!!!!!
But "the spirit of EPCOT is showcased throughout the property". The company claims that Celebration is a part of Walt's vision for EPCOT so they really don't need the theme park any longer...

But "the spirit of EPCOT is showcased throughout the property". The company claims that Celebration is a part of Walt's vision for EPCOT so they really don't need the theme park any longer...
Ok, that is actually true. Well except for the not needing the park thing.

I want to shake people like dogs when they say Epcot is a failed attempt at Walt's vision.

That is why the park was not called E.P.C.O.T. It was called EPCOT Center. Meaning the center of EPCOT. E.P.C.O.T. Is a place to live (Celebration, CP Dorms), work (all across property), and play (Theme parks, Water Parks, DD). The property as a whole is E.P.C.O.T. EPCOT Center was supposed to be the hub.

I was being facetious about not needing the park BTW. EPCOT Center was my favorite park when it opened and the memories of what it used to be are still treasured. Unfortunately those days seem to be gone and the park is turning a corner into further mediocrity and we will see a further "dumbing down" of the original concept with more Disney (read character and IP) "MAGIC".

Maybe they'll come up with a new name or acronym?

Every
Princess
Contained in
One
Theme Park?

That would further their appeal to 8 year old girls which seems to be the main focus most of the time.

Reactions: Scott W.
I want to shake people like dogs when they say Epcot is a failed attempt at Walt's vision.

That is why the park was not called E.P.C.O.T. It was called EPCOT Center. Meaning the center of EPCOT. E.P.C.O.T. Is a place to live (Celebration, CP Dorms), work (all across property), and play (Theme parks, Water Parks, DD). The property as a whole is E.P.C.O.T. EPCOT Center was supposed to be the hub.

Danny Kaye puts it best:

I have no idea if there were any actual plans to build the real city of EPCOT back in 1982 behind doors, but it sure as hell went out the window the second 1984 happened. EPCOT Center was merely a stall effort to appease the city of Orlando who Walt promised that revolutionary city was going to be built, and that was one of the mandates set by Florida and Orlando.

Although it is true that over time the values of EPCOT, the city, were implemented but not in the way Walt envisioned. WDW is a city that is built like a resort, and EPCOT was to be a resort built like a city. Kinda funny.