Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it seems like they're being too slow or cautious when they should be going full steam.
Where is Steamboat Willie when you need him?

f5a9d0f093094cd9aee35933bd2395ab.jpg

Then the answer is staring us in the face.

National advertising: "come see the Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot's brand new ride"

Local advertising: "come see some of your favorite heroes in Epcot's brand new ride"

If they don't use the actual name in advertising it should work, right? Or am I off base?

I would assume any depiction--named or just a visual--would violate the agreement. Hell, Rocket and Groot so iconic just an outline of the characters probably enough to trigger problems.

And social media is a thing. But TDO doesn't drop money on a dozen plus billboards and quarterly mailings and Stacey Aswad for charity--these are marketing tools in their toolbox. And even social media--if a blogger is getting freebies to talk about the WDW, there's a grey area there. I don't know that the Mouse wants to go down that road.

With all of the successful Pixar movies it's crazy to me that Disney continues to pursue Disney-purchased IPs or doing partnerships...Frozen has really been the only Pixar ride in a while

I would assume any depiction--named or just a visual--would violate the agreement. Hell, Rocket and Groot so iconic just an outline of the characters probably enough to trigger problems.

And social media is a thing. But TDO doesn't drop money on a dozen plus billboards and quarterly mailings and Stacey Aswad for charity--these are marketing tools in their toolbox. And even social media--if a blogger is getting freebies to talk about the WDW, there's a grey area there. I don't know that the Mouse wants to go down that road.
Then let it spread through word of mouth. From what we've heard Disney is pushing hard for Marvel in the parks and this is the only thing from the MCU that can be used in WDW. I can't see resort TV with Stacey being a problem but then again I don't think like a lawyer. Would MDE count as advertising if the attraction is listed?

Then let it spread through word of mouth. From what we've heard Disney is pushing hard for Marvel in the parks and this is the only thing from the MCU that can be used in WDW. I can't see resort TV with Stacey being a problem but then again I don't think like a lawyer. Would MDE count as advertising if the attraction is listed?

You. Are. Insane.

Mike, even there are limits to certain things sounding really idiotic.

True, but isn't Disney Animation overseen by the former head of Pixar?

Lassiter is actually still the head of Pixar, but he is CCO of WDAS.

Advertising would be anything that entices people to see it IMO..Tourists barely know where the entrance to Epcot is let alone that there is a new ride there if you didn't advertise...bad idea

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well, I knew he still had a north eye on Pixar, but the fact that he has a grasp on WDAS insures a more perfect story.

I would love to see him being CEO, he's Disney through to the core. I think he would steer the company back to a golden age. I just don't see the shareholders or his wife allowing it to happen.

As I've stated before... There is a lot of grey area with this rumor; and certain aspects of the contract are open to interpretation. I'll let the lawyers and people paid to figure it out, figure it out. Until then - bring on Guardians so we can stop the madness. :lol: (I'd also take for either Resort to say "nope" but I don't see it happening.)

Either way, I'm done with the thread until more concrete things are announced.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You. Are. Insane.
Mike, even there are limits to certain things sounding really idiotic.
Advertising would be anything that entices people to see it IMO..Tourists barely know where the entrance to Epcot is let alone that there is a new ride there if you didn't advertise...bad idea
Ok that first sentence was really out there but I think we have established that national advertising most likely wouldn't be a problem. Just local. Right? All I'm saying is it'll more than likely spread to the point that people living within the radius covered by the contract would know about it, especially after an official announcement (whenever that comes).