Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok that first sentence was really out there but I think we have established that national advertising most likely wouldn't be a problem. Just local. Right? All I'm saying is it'll more than likely spread to the point that people living within the radius covered by the contract would know about it, especially after an official announcement (whenever that comes).

So why is it ok to put down
People who are open to possibilities, but when someone says something about someone who thinks there's no chance, they get told pretty much to keep it classy? And you're a staff
Member too. OU should be better than that.

"Word of mouth" advertising is being brought up as a way to advertise a section of a park, if it was even being considered to be built, that could cost at least half a billion dollars. I'm being blunt, yes, but not all ideas are equal. There's a point discussing a rumor that nothing more can be added and I think we've read that point.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Ok that first sentence was really out there but I think we have established that national advertising most likely wouldn't be a problem. Just local. Right? All I'm saying is it'll more than likely spread to the point that people living within the radius covered by the contract would know about it, especially after an official announcement (whenever that comes).
Mike! I almost didn't recognize you with that new profile pic.

Reactions: Mike S
Forgive my skepticism; but this has been the story since 2009. Every year, there's that ONE BIG RUMOR about Disney finally bringing Marvel into the parks. Yes, this one has the most noise out of all of them, but until it happens... I'll always be in "Camp Nope".

Remember last year? There were sure a lot of people saying Disney was buying the Marvel Rights from Universal, and the Hulk Re-Do was the "sign" that they are making it into something else - thus "proving" the rumor true?

That was fun.

The only difference is none of those speculative rumours were ever from or supported by a credible individual. Fanboi blather at best. This has originated and comes from about 5-6 of them... and counting. The former "Camp Nope-rs" are now saying "Yup".

Maybe there is a leak control going on... that's about the only thing I could think of.

Not saying that WDWNT is right about the whole possible SDCC announcement (I was as skeptical as anyone), but some things do line up. Joe Rohde is attending SDCC and is already there. Joe was put in charge of Marvel projects for Disney Parks last year. Martin seems to think there's a chance for an announcement as well.

Maybe it would just be DCA since that's supposed to go down in September and open in May with the movie, but it'd be odd to make one announcement and not the other. Then again, it could just be the more likely option and nothing happens. It is certainly interesting that Rohde at the convention, given his role though.

Reactions: Mike S
Not saying that WDWNT is right about the whole possible SDCC announcement (I was as skeptical as anyone), but some things do line up. Joe Rohde is attending SDCC and is already there. Joe was put in charge of Marvel projects for Disney Parks last year. Martin seems to think there's a chance for an announcement as well.

Maybe it would just be DCA since that's supposed to go down in September and open in May with the movie, but it'd be odd to make one announcement and not the other. Then again, it could just be the more likely option and nothing happens. It is certainly interesting that Rohde at the convention, given his role though.

It does seem very likely the Anaheim ride would be announced with the sequel news, particularly if ToT is going down this Fall.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick

Rohde and many creatives attend SDCC. This just seems like another "Iger and Lucas are at Star Wars Weekends they're going to announce Star Wars land!" speculation.

But also if Disney doesn't announce anything here (likely) it doesn't mean something is coming to a park at some time. Everyone said I was full of it about Frozen going into Epcot after they did the making of special and the show did have a lick of info about the attraction.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It does seem very likely the Anaheim ride would be announced with the sequel news, particularly if ToT is going down this Fall.
Yeah, after thinking it over, DCA only makes sense since the attractions is supposed to open in May. D23 Expo is only 2 months after GOTG 2 comes out and this project is further behind, so July 2017 seems more likely if there is an Epcot GOTG ride.

The only difference is none of those speculative rumours were ever from or supported by a credible individual. Fanboi blather at best. This has originated and comes from about 5-6 of them... and counting. The former "Camp Nope-rs" are now saying "Yup".

Maybe there is a leak control going on... that's about the only thing I could think of.

Yet I've heard from two separate sources nothing is green lit or close to it for WDW. It's silly season, they can be looking for leaks, WDI using sources to publicly jockey for their projects to be approved before the fiscal year review, etc etc etc. The list keeps going on

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yet I've heard from two separate sources nothing is green lit or close to it for WDW. It's silly season, they can be looking for leaks, WDI using sources to publicly jockey for their projects to be approved before the fiscal year review, etc etc etc. The list keeps going on
Alright, so if this continues to have legs into next quarter, will you at least concede that there's a chance? ;)

Rohde and many creatives attend SDCC. This just seems like another "Iger and Lucas are at Star Wars Weekends they're going to announce Star Wars land!" speculation.

But also if Disney doesn't announce anything here (likely) it doesn't mean something is coming to a park at some time. Everyone said I was full of it about Frozen going into Epcot after they did the making of special and the show did have a lick of info about the attraction.
Most people on Magic still thought Frozen was happening after the special because we had credible insiders on it. We just thought that's when it might be announced.

Reactions: misterID