Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 427 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginnings of the enclosure for the spike is certainly reminiscent of the Abbey building. Just the way the beams are different lengths and uneven makes me think it will in fact be “weathered” rock work so to speak.

Reactions: Andysol
I do seriously wonder if Universal will have this up by Memorial Day. I know that's the target, but with Intamin you never know. It would be a humongous boon as all of Disney's new hotness doesn't open until the fall.

If this opens after Memorial Day, this would be the longest construction project in Universal history I think?

:lol:

The length of construction here shows what the current state of theme park design is like. We're looking at a minimum 30 month build here or in other words, this ride is taking longer to build than IOA.

As far as I'm concerned, work has started on the new resort but you're talking about at least a year before any rides can actually be started because of all the foundation work that has to be done first (grading, electrical, plumbing, access roads etc) and if Universal are bringing their A game, expect another 30 months on top of that.
Where are you getting 30 months from? Dragon Challenge closed in September 2017. If this were to open Memorial day or a little later, that's gonna be roughly a 20 month build.

Reactions: Ryan and Ryno27
Fluffy is going to be very, very close to the track. When @Alicia said the AA wouldn’t be too advanced as it will be outside, I was expecting it to be more in the distance to hide it’s simplicity.

But it being so close, could that mean they are going to have it a bit more advanced than we originally thought? I’m very excited to see what they do with him.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I suspect Fluffy will look very detailed and realistic, but the movements will be rather simplistic, probably limited only to the heads. Which, given the placement outside, sounds fine to me.
Sometimes simple movement is fine...It looks like we'll be wizzing past anyway

I kind of wish Aragog's fangs moved a pit...It would have added a nice touch

Super excited to see movement at the spike!

View attachment 8664
This is just an educated guess, but I think that may be the limit for the spike "enclosure". The two concrete pads where the steel was attached on both sides of the track were poured before the trees came in. Also the steel is at the front of the concrete overpass. I'm thinking they did this so that they wouldn't have to theme the backside of the rockwork. The concrete overpass would hide it.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.