Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 428 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the foundation laid down seems like it would be for a structure that only covers the bottom of the spike, with most of the vertical track being exposed. Am I understanding that correctly?

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the foundation laid down seems like it would be for a structure that only covers the bottom of the spike, with most of the vertical track being exposed. Am I understanding that correctly?
Things may have changed, but more structure should be coming where the white sand pile is to the left of the spike.

There’s still a large structure with prefab rockwork coming to the early part of the ride as well, just seems like they’ve saved them for last. Might have something to do with leaving space for mobility between areas, or just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Just checked the app and the hours for June are out. Starting the 15th IOA is open till 10 so it may be a hint that it could open on or after that date. It would be great if they opened it June 18th.

Things may have changed, but more structure should be coming where the white sand pile is to the left of the spike.

There’s still a large structure with prefab rockwork coming to the early part of the ride as well, just seems like they’ve saved them for last. Might have something to do with leaving space for mobility between areas, or just haven’t gotten to it yet.

That's my guess also.

hp lake.jpg

Is this area still expected to be a loch?

Reactions: Ryno27
I know its redundant to say at this point but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Universal's lack of announcements on this! :thud::thud:Does anyone have any idea as to when they think the next announcement will be?

Reactions: tankart150
I know its redundant to say at this point but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Universal's lack of announcements on this! :thud::thud:Does anyone have any idea as to when they think the next announcement will be?
Im sure they’ll give details on this sometime between now and the end of March. Pottermore said more details early 2019. After March even I’ll lose my patience. But for now I’m being patient.

Im sure they’ll give details on this sometime between now and the end of March. Pottermore said more details early 2019. After March even I’ll lose my patience. But for now I’m being patient.
Patience is a true virtue.....especially following Universal.....Myself, I'm in no hurry. I've always liked surprises anyway.

Lack of official announcements are annoying because if you want to book a trip it’s frustrating not knowing the opening. Having said that I like surprises as well. Hopefully this ride is announced in the next month. The ride seems pretty far along.

Patience may be a virtue... but that doesn't make it easy! :( Let's hope they won't wait till March! I may never have been this excited for a ride before! Ahh the feeling of riding something new... I remember the first time I rode Forbidden Journey and I had made sure to not read or watch a single POV so I had no idea of even what the vehicle was and it was just so beautiful :'( It seems my patience is not the same as it used to be! :grin:

Im struggling to see how this spike gets fully enclosed now. Those trees seem too tight on the right hand side for a structure on that side and the only movement appears to be behind the track running behind it from the drop track. Surely whatever they are going to put up wont go over that section of track too?

I think the most I can see going up is the structure they've started on blocking it from view from the RV as you approach it and something to its left hand side to block the view of it and of the rest of the track whilst you go up the spike. The rest will be tree lining all around it?

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm new here so sorry--but what is the "spike" that everyone keeps referring to? Is it something from the books/movies or is it just a structure in the photos you're all describing?

Also, I get the Forbidden Forest, but I don't recall what this "Abbey" would be.

I'm new here so sorry--but what is the "spike" that everyone keeps referring to? Is it something from the books/movies or is it just a structure in the photos you're all describing?

Also, I get the Forbidden Forest, but I don't recall what this "Abbey" would be.

There is a spike of coaster track that goes straight up, it's rumored the coaster will go up it, and then fall backwards. Most rumors thought this spike would be enclosed, but it hasn't been yet. Leading some to believe it will be an "outdoor" section of the track.

Welcome to posting on IU. :toast:

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.