Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, apparently, the houses closed for the night a bit before 8 PM tonight with no warning/signs/etc whatsoever.
They had a new to me ad here on the west coast just now (next market from Orlando) showcasing 2 haunted houses, screams just getting started, wear your costume and the WOAH halloween logo. I hope just getting started is more coming.

It was great waiting all day to get into UO because the park was at capacity just to be turned away from the houses just as we got in a 8pm with no warning.

Sorry for the caps, this is what I was saying was a scam. Even if you wait all day or manage to get in after capacity, after 8pm you’re basically out of luck.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
Well, you’re never guaranteed accessed to anything at a theme park... so...

Is it messed up that they decided last minute to close the houses at 8? Sure. But stuff happens.

True, but in a fragile tourist climate at the moment is it a smart business decision?

Though, either way Universal wins so it was probably not worth wasting my breath about... oh well

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm a little confused as to why some people assume Brides and Tooth Fairy are leaving. They're 2 perfectly good mazes already constructed and ready to go that people probably won't complain about returning. Seems weird to just tear all that work out after such a limited use for something new, especially for 2 things Universal actually owns, and not IPs that they had to license.

Reactions: TCox91
I'm a little confused as to why some people assume Brides and Tooth Fairy are leaving. They're 2 perfectly good mazes already constructed and ready to go that people probably won't complain about returning. Seems weird to just tear all that work out after such a limited use for something new, especially for 2 things Universal actually owns, and not IPs that they had to license.
It wasn’t “limited use” though. They actually got used more than houses are typically used, because they were running 9-10 hours a day every day, where most houses are used 6-8 hours on “selected dates.”

I have a feeling the decision will/does come down to what condition the houses are in at the end of the run. They could make a decision now, if the houses are already in poor condition.

It wasn’t “limited use” though. They actually got used more than houses are typically used, because they were running 9-10 hours a day every day, where most houses are used 6-8 hours on “selected dates.”

I have a feeling the decision will/does come down to what condition the houses are in at the end of the run. They could make a decision now, if the houses are already in poor condition.
Thats fair, if they're not in any shape to be used again I suppose they could be replaced, it just seems like an odd choice if universal is hurting for money at the moment.