Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

They may be. Point is, we don’t know. There’s nothing to discuss until we do.
You said in the past we would know around this time if they were staying or leaving. has that changed or is Universal kinda just twiddling their thumbs right now deciding what to do?
Is it possible the one more popular of the two stays, and they get rid of one of them if they only have the budget to make one new house?
I will assume that a fixing house may be just the same amount as the creation of the new one? not counting the creative team of course.

Maybe it's dumb to think they'd get rid of only one of the houses, they were both really good in there own ways, xD

You said in the past we would know around this time if they were staying or leaving. has that changed or is Universal kinda just twiddling their thumbs right now deciding what to do?
Is it possible the one more popular of the two stays, and they get rid of one of them if they only have the budget to make one new house?
I will assume that a fixing house may be just the same amount as the creation of the new one? not counting the creative team of course.

Maybe it's dumb to think they'd get rid of only one of the houses, they were both really good in there own ways, xD
I figured we would know, because they would have likely struck it by now if they were striking. At least based on the traditional schedule.

But just because we haven’t heard anything doesn’t mean things aren’t happening, or haven’t happened. A lot of people lost their jobs.

I figured we would know, because they would have likely struck it by now if they were striking. At least based on the traditional schedule.

But just because we haven’t heard anything doesn’t mean things aren’t happening, or haven’t happened. A lot of people lost their jobs.
That's really a shame how many people lost their jobs, hoping Aiello's job stays safe, he's a great guy. Heard he was wasn't working on neither EU or HHN, his current department was described to me as a "Gray area".

I saw this post on twitter and didn't know if something was going on so I thought I would ask. If you read the comments, they sort of mention the soudstage that it is in.

I saw this post on twitter and didn't know if something was going on so I thought I would ask. If you read the comments, they sort of mention the soudstage that it is in.

I’m positive that’s not for HHN. First, from the tweet thread and the sunlight, I think that’s soundstage 19, which hasn’t been a house location in years (poster says it’s “closest to bur behind BMG”; SS 22 has breeze ways all the way around it, so it can’t get direct sunlight and 22 wasn’t used this year either). Even if it was a HHN soundstage, they wouldn’t be doing new construction in December. The parks rent the sound stages from production for HHN, which is why they construct those over the summer, and you can tell the image is new construction because it hasn’t been painted black.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. A rework of a house themed to a manner isn’t going to become an anthology of made-up B movies.

I wasn't speaking expressly about 2021, just in general. Guess that was a bit off topic.

TBH, Even though I liked Hive I don't understand why it's considered one of "the greats"... But I'd much rather a different concept inhabit the maze rather than "sequelizing" an already built concept if Hill House isn't making a debut.

I wasn't speaking expressly about 2021, just in general. Guess that was a bit off topic.

TBH, Even though I liked Hive I don't understand why it's considered one of "the greats"... But I'd much rather a different concept inhabit the maze rather than "sequelizing" an already built concept if Hill House isn't making a debut.
I don’t think many people consider it a “great.” But it was one of the better houses of the 28/29 houses, so it benefits from recency bias. The reason why it gets discussed in relation as a overlay if Hill House drops, is because it was created as an overlay for Conjuring when it got pulled. Fans like the meta aspect of it.

I probably should of brought up this at the beginning of September when it got "confirmed" in the tribute store, but I still can't believe Beetlejuice is actually "coming" to HHN. It sounds like not so huge of a long shot considering his presence in the park, but I just feel like it's one of those things that get's discussed every year and everyone was just waiting, it was really a "one day it will actually happen" kind of deal.
Then, BAM it/it's happened/happening.

It'll be funny if they retheme Hill House to something generic like they did with HIVE, I can't see them destroying it cuz it would be sunk cost then. I don't mind it changing anyway, never was a huge fan of Hill house, really did want to like it though.

So, the only thing we are 100% on is Billie getting the boot, then we can say that Hill house will be either the retheme or it staying as a complete house.

@Legacy I remember you saying that they did plan Scarezones last minute or something "somewhat similar", is it safe to say that they will rework those assuming COVID procedures are eased?

Then what where they planning to do back in June? Lol, I know they had something as far as procations were concerned on how the design would have been different then past years.
Streets occurring “at all” wasn’t approved until July, and the rumored plan was “full” (though half cast) streets. They were considering no streets, stage/platform only, or full/traditional. The only protection that was likely set to occur was masks for the performers and more distance.