Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

I’m positive that’s not for HHN. First, from the tweet thread and the sunlight, I think that’s soundstage 19, which hasn’t been a house location in years (poster says it’s “closest to bur behind BMG”; SS 22 has breeze ways all the way around it, so it can’t get direct sunlight and 22 wasn’t used this year either). Even if it was a HHN soundstage, they wouldn’t be doing new construction in December. The parks rent the sound stages from production for HHN, which is why they construct those over the summer, and you can tell the image is new construction because it hasn’t been painted black.
Thanks for the response! I found it odd that construction would start early, and thats why i decided to ask. I wouldnt be surprised if universal tried new locations out for houses in the near future, especially if they want to ever increase the house count.

Thanks for the response! I found it odd that construction would start early, and thats why i decided to ask. I wouldnt be surprised if universal tried new locations out for houses in the near future, especially if they want to ever increase the house count.
They’ve been toying with the idea of more houses, but I wouldn’t expect any for 2021. And besides, one of the reasons they want to add houses is to better disperse the crowds. There was some discussion of a tent by F&F, and I can see something in Fear Factor (until it goes, at least). Putting another house in a soundstage just crams more people into that side of the park.

They’ve been toying with the idea of more houses, but I wouldn’t expect any for 2021. And besides, one of the reasons they want to add houses is to better disperse the crowds. There was some discussion of a tent by F&F, and I can see something in Fear Factor (until it goes, at least). Putting another house in a soundstage just crams more people into that side of the park.
They need one in between NY and London

That area feels dead without the EQ queue

I’m not expecting more houses getting added for ‘21. There was some chatter they’d add one or two (so ‘21 would still have 10 “new” houses), but the last rumor I heard was that they were only budgeted for 1 new house to serve as the Billie replacement and the zones. Money is still tight, after all.

I’m not expecting more houses getting added for ‘21. There was some chatter they’d add one or two (so ‘21 would still have 10 “new” houses), but the last rumor I heard was that they were only budgeted for 1 new house to serve as the Billie replacement and the zones. Money is still tight, after all.
Me either, I was speaking more to the future

I miss that particular location

Not sure how feasible it still is

But then I remember going through houses in the friggin Popeye queue lol

Me either, I was speaking more to the future

I miss that particular location

Not sure how feasible it still is

But then I remember going through houses in the friggin Popeye queue lol
There’s a small parking lot behind an HR building that’s by F&F (at the corner of South and 5th if you’re looking at Google Maps). It’s just big enough to hold a sprung-sized tent, and uses a lot of the old Disaster queue space on South Street.

I’m almost positive that’s where they’re looking.

FAB4A84D-3A49-4CBD-952F-10FA3830B389.jpg

How about this area between the F&F queue building and the facades? Its about the size of that small parking lot. I've walked through it and it seems to lend itself perfectly to a house spot. It is just gravel.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 11.44.52 PM.png

How about this area between the F&F queue building and the facades? Its about the size of that small parking lot. I've walked through it and it seems to lend itself perfectly to a house spot. It is just gravel.

View attachment 13647
It’s possible. I suspect they know where they would put it, despite our best guesses. Access is the biggest question with any location.

This year's Tribute store was the best ever in my opinion. The BeetleJuice room was crazy fun.

If I had to guess, they maybe recycling some rooms like the Icons room and adjusting the other rooms like BJ to fit new properties they maybe be bringing to the line up, if any.