Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man, you do a better job at explaining things, lol.

Only having college classes and video games to focus on gives you a lot of time on your hands.

I think I remember a kerfuffle happening with Orlando trying to do Ouija and that also getting Purged.

Theres also the 2018 incident, which @viking_wizard_eyes seems to be referring to the most. Half the lineup got replaced, but that was (from what I remember) mostly because info was based on early drafts of IP wishlists and the actual IP list ended up differing massively. If that was what was happening now, I'm fairly certain the news would've dropped by now.

Yes, in Orlando's 2017 Blumhouse, the eventual Purge section was meant to be Ouija (Orlando's Blumhouse from what can be told, was meant to be full on supernatural), Hasbro got mad about it, so...once again, Purge goes in. That didn't really delay anything because it was a bit before the announcement and only required a section of a house to be replaced instead of a full house.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Lol I love that Purged has become the shorthand for these scenarios. (I did kinda like the Purge house last year tho.) I’m glad I have this context now, I’m getting a sense of these timelines. I mean, the fact that they’re already starting to set up in Hollywood probably means things are more or less locked, so I get why people are feeling confident

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Yeah, 2017 we were gonna get The Conjuring, but that was later changed to Titans of Terror. Hence why the Terror Tram (also ToT) felt barren, since many props had to be used in the maze. Given that we're already in the middle of May, meaning we're technically less than 4 months away from opening night, any drastic changes to the IP mazes would have been made known by now. Plus, Murdy going for 2 original mazes this year could be to not only accommodate the maze increase, but also since the Mexican original maze was technically on his list for last year, and I guess he really wanted it out as soon as he could.

So now I am wondering (and again, this is genuine, open curiosity and I am not trying to push back or challenge what anyone is saying), when things change or get “re-jiggered” or just generally end up going a different direction than what was speculated, at what point does that start to play out? If everyone is saying it will be Maze X, based on posts shared by insiders and stuff, if a Maze Y starts to emerge and replace Maze X, does that happen as we get closer to the official announcement? Or ahead of that? Like if Maze X changes to Maze Y.

Or has that process happened already? Is Creepshow, for example, a maze that wasn’t initially speculated but as time has gone on and Legacy has learned more stuff, it’s become a forgone conclusion? Or was there an original thought/idea about a maze, but then something changed and now we know it’s Creepshow? I guess I need to go back and look at all his posts.
Stuff can change as late as August (*waves at Scream* and Ouija).

Though I'll put some distance between hearing about something and intimating/sharing about something, most of my information is pretty close to "real time" (at least within a couple of weeks). Because of that, I always try to put caveats on things where necessary because I actually WANT people to be skeptical of the information that's out there. Including my own. It's one of the reasons I view all of this as a "game." Blindly excepting what anyone says (including me) isn't playing.

That said, there are two important caveats that always apply though: 1) Nothing is official until it's announced, and 2) Things can change.

In regards to last year, a "dream list" went public early. That list had IT on it, but IT was never a locked property for Universal. The same sort of thing happened with Hellraiser this year. Because I start getting information in August for the following year. But what's happening in August is A&D is developing their wishlist. Some will get approved. Some won't. Typically, the information that starts coming out in February/March is the real deal, because everything starts getting approved in December/January.

Regarding Creepshow, it's important to remember there are two coasts, developing two events, COMPLETELY independent of each other. I get information from both coasts, and sometimes wires get cross. It happens.

Since we were just talking about advertising a couple of pages ago, I just wanted to mention that if Creepshow is Hollywood exclusive, then it can't be one of the three "headline" properties that show up in the trailers.

Ghostbusters and Stranger Things 2 are probably going to be 2 of the headliners, but which one of the shared properties will be the third? The Fireflies? Crash McCreery's Frankenstein's Monster?

Reactions: hhnlover
Since we were just talking about advertising a couple of pages ago, I just wanted to mention that if Creepshow is Hollywood exclusive, then it can't be one of the three "headline" properties that show up in the trailers.

Ghostbusters and Stranger Things 2 are probably going to be 2 of the headliners, but which one of the shared properties will be the third? The Fireflies? Crash McCreery's Frankenstein's Monster?

Basing off what I think Orlando is doing, I'd say Uni Monsters.

Reactions: hhnlover
Ghostbusters being a headliner is totally a lock, everyone and their mom knows what Ghostbusters is and we're still kind of riding that 80s nostalgia high that stranger things kicked off, so there's no doubt in my mind it wont be heavily marketed.

While i'm sure the stuff that has been speculated is coming (being on this forum for the last 3 years with multiple leaks i can tell we're pretty sure) the Mexican original going into the tram garage still raises some flags for me. This is the maze i'm most iffy on specifically because i'm not sure they would increase the maze count for another original maze, i mean unless its something they're REALLY confident about. Also Legacy and Manics have heard different properties for said location, unless i missed something in the speculation and they've come to an agreement on the property. I'm not saying it wont happen, but i'm hesitant to put eggs in that basket just yet.

Ghostbusters being a headliner is totally a lock, everyone and their mom knows what Ghostbusters is and we're still kind of riding that 80s nostalgia high that stranger things kicked off, so there's no doubt in my mind it wont be heavily marketed.

While i'm sure the stuff that has been speculated is coming (being on this forum for the last 3 years with multiple leaks i can tell we're pretty sure) the Mexican original going into the tram garage still raises some flags for me. This is the maze i'm most iffy on specifically because i'm not sure they would increase the maze count for another original maze, i mean unless its something they're REALLY confident about. Also Legacy and Manics have heard different properties for said location, unless i missed something in the speculation and they've come to an agreement on the property. I'm not saying it wont happen, but i'm hesitant to put eggs in that basket just yet.
There were 2 clues Legacy gave for Tram Garage. Each clue obtaining to a maze. Me and Legacy heard 2 mazes for Tram Garage when it's only gonna be 1. So could be one or the other or possibly a combination. After seeing Wood panels near the location I'm confident it will be there.

Have we ever figured out what the Mexican Original is gonna be? Honestly hoping to be a Chupacabra maze.

There were 2 clues Legacy gave for Tram Garage. Each clue obtaining to a maze. Me and Legacy heard 2 mazes for Tram Garage when it's only gonna be 1. So could be one or the other or possibly a combination. After seeing Wood panels near the location I'm confident it will be there.
Sorry i worded it a bit weird, but i meant to say that i believe that the tram garage will be a maze location, just dont know if im convinced it will be another original just yet.