Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Completly forgot about that clue. Does anyone the episode for this?
Shooting from the hip,

The Family Guy clip is from an episode where Chris is fitting Brian for a Quinceanera celebration, which is like a Sweet 16 but 15 and generally celebrated in Mexico. I'm guessing it might be a Birthday Party gone horribly wrong, like El Cucuy in 2013? Another possibility: the episode centers around Brian "killing" Stewie's Teddy Bear and Stewie going crazy over his "best friend" dying. That, plus the sewing machine, makes me think Child's Play 2.

The King of the Hill clip comes from an episode where Bobby teaches a dog to dance, and there is dancing and dogs in both Suspiria and Hill House, and Suspiria probably fits with the metro sets, so we'll go with that.

Reactions: Jaden
This isn’t a urban legend but..... could you imagine a island of the dolls house lol

I support this.

Creepiest place ever, bar none.

In terms of other urban legends, maybe El Silbon, the whisperer? He's got a pretty f'ed up story: murdered his father after his father murdered his mother, then condemned to death by his grandfather. If you hear the whistling close, then you're safe; if it's from afar, you're in trouble. Plus, he was attached by dogs, so they can reuse the Hostel dog puppets.

This isn’t a urban legend but..... could you imagine a island of the dolls house lol
Thats actually a pretty cool idea if they wanted to integrate it in some sort of a mash up with other urban legends they haven't done yet like the Chupacabra or La Lechuza, could make for a good maze.

Reactions: hhnlover
I will gladly eat crow if that means stirring up the pot on this thread so y'all actually speculate instead of going dead quiet. Look, 3 new pages and some new theories on the Mexican original's theme.
Yes, I am your savior. /s

Keep in mind, even if properties are right, the locations have often been wrong.
Even things along the lines of, "This year I hear they have less black walls" only to find there's more black walls than ever.
And every year y'all think HHN is gonna redeem itself with some cool new properties, what do they do?
Give you an Unfriended/Truth or Dare/First Purge maze on the side.
I'm still wondering, where is that side this year? I know it's in there somewhere.
It's not a "we want a better event" thing. They need this for the sake of business and money.
This event isn't to please the hardcore fans, it's to get the general public.
It's to get YOUR money.
Risking failure for even one year could be catastrophic for business.
They just MIGHT shell out the cash to convince WB to give us IT.
Keep in mind I don't WANT Insidious or even Us, but that's some GP crap they want. What business probably wants Murdy to do. What Murdy has to have at least one of to justify Klowns and two original mazes. ST ain't enough, it's just one mazeeeee.
Or maybe it truly brought in a whole new fanbase so they're not worried. I don't know.
But history just tells me different.
As Luke Skywalker says, "This is not going to go the way you THINK!"
Keep on speculating, that's all I'm saying. Even IF this is a completely locked lineup from head to toe, there's still a whole lot to find out.

I will gladly eat crow if that means stirring up the pot on this thread so y'all actually speculate instead of going dead quiet. Look, 3 new pages and some new theories on the Mexican original's theme.
Yes, I am your savior. /s

Keep in mind, even if properties are right, the locations have often been wrong.
Even things along the lines of, "This year I hear they have less black walls" only to find there's more black walls than ever.
And every year y'all think HHN is gonna redeem itself with some cool new properties, what do they do?
Give you an Unfriended/Truth or Dare/First Purge maze on the side.
I'm still wondering, where is that side this year? I know it's in there somewhere.
It's not a "we want a better event" thing. They need this for the sake of business and money.
It's to get YOUR money.
Keep in mind I don't WANT Insidious or even Us, but that's some GP crap they want. What business probably wants Murdy to do. What Murdy has to have at least one of to justify Klowns and two original mazes. ST ain't enough, it's just one mazeeeee.
Or maybe it truly brought in a whole new fanbase so they're not worried. I don't know.
But history just tells me different.
As Luke Skywalker says, "This is not going to go the way you THINK!"
Keep on speculating, that's all I'm saying. Even IF this is a completely locked lineup from head to toe, there's still a whole lot to find out.
I agree with some of the points you made. But overall it's when they can't use those properties they heavily rely on or can use for the General public that they resort to these older IPs that happen to be more towards the Hardcore fans.

ST can bring a lot of people in (Obviously from last year with Hollywood and Orlando) and either way people will go to the event it's popular so it doesn't matter too much if IT is there or not it will be popular regardless. Ghostbusters is a hugely popular IP (Arguably more than Poltergeist from last year). Lots of people know that.

The location part I agree with but in 2017 pretty much everything was right except for 2 (AVED was Metro, Saw was 747). The only thing I could is maybe Ghostbusters going to FDTD instead of 747 and Creepshow in 747 (Kinda like how AHS was said by Murdy to be inside SS747 and then they moved it to FDTD). But that's pretty much it.

It sounds like HHN is gonna redeem themselves. The reason Blumhouse 2 and First Purge were so bad is because they were late and they didn't care. Heavily rushed and full of black walls and reused sets and props. I have learned regardless of the property I want a good maze. I could care less what it is but I want it to be good. 2016's lineup was incredible on paper and incredible in execution. 2017's was bad on paper and bad in execution. Last year's was okay on paper and okay on execution. This year's sounds incredible and hopefully it turns out incredible.

They are literally just speculating on what the Mexican Original is based on and that's speculation.

Also something I just considered is since the facade appears to be the circus tent, I wonder if they'll do some projections on the outside to look like the silhouette from the beginning of the film. Wouldn't be surprised to see the electrocuted farmer laying on the ground out front too.

It's to get YOUR money.

I am not sure what it cost to get Ghostbusters but I'd be willing to bet this is the least amount they have spent on IP's in a while. Maybe UNI gave John a hard budget and he decided to spend it on the mazes themselves. I'd bet ST was a multi year contract negotiated last year so while the money is coming out of this years budget there wasn't anything they could about that.

if theres a duende maze I will freak out
gnome.jpg