Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Part of me wishes the FDTD maze was only Sinister, and what would be showing in the screen hole in the facade are all the super-8 snuff films from both films, and it's like a movie theater we're entering, like each theater room is dedicated to the kills in the franchise or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: horrornights789
Rumored last minute replacement for The Conjuring? *jk* Really hoping we get Killer Klowns but I’m expecting Chucky

Zones. I was just joking how Conjuring was speculated to come in 2016 but TCM ended up coming. Chris meant that Orlando announced TCM early in 2016 while we announced it later on in July(?). In this case Orlando announced Chucky before Hollywood did

Where’s my humble pie:grin::eat:(Just kidding) I’m actually excited for Chucky. Legacy said Orlando’s is supposed to be a toy fair overtaken by Chucky and if we get something like that it could be pretty fun.

Also for Blumhouse 2 I hope Sinister plays a large part in it. Is there any chance of Insidious returning because I could of sworn John said it’s not coming this year?

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Also for Blumhouse 2 I hope Sinister plays a large part in it. Is there any chance of Insidious returning because I could of sworn John said it’s not coming this year?

I'm pretty sure it's not coming this year. Also, I'm kinda going off the pattern, where it's been here 2013, 2015, and 2017, missing the even numbered years. Kinda wish The Purge and Titans of Terror all followed that similar pattern at the event.

I'm pretty sure it's not coming this year. Also, I'm kinda going off the pattern, where it's been here 2013, 2015, and 2017, missing the even numbered years. Kinda wish The Purge and Titans of Terror all followed that similar pattern at the event.

Hoping they get creative with this mashup then. Off the top of my head the only properties that seem somewhat plausible besides Sinister are:

- Ouija(though there’s rights issues)
- The Visit
- Split(part of a franchise co-owned by Disney though)
- Paranormal Activity(co-owned by Paramount though)
- Get Out(possibly controversial)
- Insidious
- Happy Death Day

But then again I don’t think they’d repeat Insidious & HDD. Plus like Manics pointed out Truth or Dare wasn’t well received which means they probably wouldn’t include it

People need to remember that Sinister and its sequel are not Universal properties (just as Paranormal Activity and many of their smaller, earlier films aren't).

More importantly, though, Sinister is not considered a franchise in the eyes of Blumhouse; Jason has said as much in interviews. It was intended to be another long-form series (ala Insidious), but those plans cratered with the financial failure of Sinister II.

I don't have intel on this year, at least in this capacity. But I'd be surprised if they went for a full-blown Sinister maze when that IP isn't a priority for basically anyone, regardless of how well-received it was by guests. (There wasn't a whole lot of internal enthusiasm at Blumhouse itself, for what it's worth.)

People need to remember that Sinister and its sequel are not Universal properties (just as Paranormal Activity and many of their smaller, earlier films aren't).

More importantly, though, Sinister is not considered a franchise in the eyes of Blumhouse; Jason has said as much in interviews. It was intended to be another long-form series (ala Insidious), but those plans cratered with the financial failure of Sinister II.

I don't have intel on this year, at least in this capacity. But I'd be surprised if they went for a full-blown Sinister maze when that IP isn't a priority for basically anyone, regardless of how well-received it was by guests. (There wasn't a whole lot of internal enthusiasm at Blumhouse itself, for what it's worth.)

Double post, but I think that while the first one was distributed by a part of Lionsgate (summit), the second one was distributed, at least partially, by a part of Universal Studios (focus Films). I don't think they'll have too much trouble getting Sinister (if they really wanted it) regardless, because Uni is pretty tight with Lionsgate as far as haunts go.

That having been said, you're totally correct with regards to the financial aspect, which is why some people are speculating that Sinister could come back if or when a crossover with Insidious happens. Who knows, maybe then, Mr. Boogie could be a real hit again.

Guess this means no Chucky zone... the difficulty with the magic 8 ball thing is it can be vague while also being specific. Is it a new scarezone IP? Yes. Well yes it is a new IP to the event or yes it’s been featured at the event before but not as a scarezone.
I say that because Chucky has been a scarezone, insiders have said we’re sharing our IP zone with Orlando. Process of elimination means KKFOS. Which would be a new scarezone, but has previously been featured on terror tram (right?)

Reactions: chris.g
All the info pulled from this Morning's tweets.

- There may or may not have been a Maze scrapped.

- There is a Maze that is making Murdy more excited than the rest (UCM)

- We may or may not see a Maze in a white Mask (Michael Myers)

- Midsummer Scream will have a lot of info revealed.

- Terror Tram will not have a New Theme.

- There will be more than 1 maze with movies coming out in 2018.

- There will be Classic Movies turned into mazes.

- The IP Scare Zone is brand new.

- French Street may or may not return.

- There will be a Show this year.

- Stranger Things construction has started.

- There will be a Mini Maze in the Plaza this year.

- Fire Towers will return.

- Terror Tram will not have a New Theme.

- There will be more than 1 maze with movies coming out in 2018.

Possibly the return of Hollywood Harry for the TT?

Also it seems Purge is pretty likely but what would the other 2018 movie be? I really wanna say H2018 but that seemed shot down a while ago

I missed these two when scrolling through. Yay flame bar! But I'm a little confused about the mini maze in the plaza though

He doesn't outright say this. It's possible it means the first portion of the Parisian maze will be outdoors before transitioning into the tent (i.e. how Blumhouse went from Purge > Theater) last year.

In case this wasn't obvious, the imminent dismantling of the Globe Theatre kills any chance of a Baker Street zone (and probably hints at a continued closure to French Street, regardless of any RIP presence).

Reactions: HHNManics
Also it seems Purge is pretty likely but what would the other 2018 movie be? I really wanna say H2018 but that seemed shot down a while ago

My guess is they are doing what they did with Insidious last year, the Halloween maze will feature stuff from the new one as well as some of the other films. I know it has been talked about and shot down but I think we could be seeing a "Life and Crimes of Michael Meyers". Also it could be H4 and since Halloween is coming out this year that would still fit. I don't think the question specified if the maze was based on a movie coming out this year.

Also remember Murdy is very good at parsing his words. He stated there would be no repeat mazes and while my guess is the person asking that question would consider a Purge maze to be a repeat since it is a new maze Murdy wouldn't consider it a repeat.

With regards to TT what if that is where KKFOS is going?

My guess is they are doing what they did with Insidious last year, the Halloween maze will feature stuff from the new one as well as some of the other films. I know it has been talked about and shot down but I think we could be seeing a "Life and Crimes of Michael Meyers". Also it could be H4 and since Halloween is coming out this year that would still fit. I don't think the question specified if the maze was based on a movie coming out this year.

Also remember Murdy is very good at parsing his words. He stated there would be no repeat mazes and while my guess is the person asking that question would consider a Purge maze to be a repeat since it is a new maze Murdy wouldn't consider it a repeat.

True about all of that. Also, someone said it a while ago but KKFOS were on the TT in the 2000s which would mean they wouldn’t be original; hopefully they’ll be that or a SZ

Terror Tram is Original.
He doesn't outright say this. It's possible it means the first portion of the Parisian maze will be outdoors before transitioning into the tent (i.e. how Blumhouse went from Purge > Theater) last year.

It could have been him referring to just saying that "Without a doubt" Stranger Things construction has started but I think he mean't it for both.

I can see them doing some Village type Gaunlet very similar to Dracula Untold '14 before transitioning into the actual facade (Castle/Windmill or whatever it is). If Parisian is indeed Universal Monsters.

As for Fire towers.

Reactions: Clive

In case this wasn't obvious, the imminent dismantling of the Globe Theatre kills any chance of a Baker Street zone (and probably hints at a continued closure to French Street, regardless of any RIP presence).
that makes sense... although i'm still baffled by them putting Mr Ping back in the plaza temporarily for the last few weeks of summer.

it'd make more sense for them to use French st for a scarezone this year & have Parisian dump out into french st like 2014/2015 did. If Baker st needs to be partially used for TWD queue, it will be hell for Parisian to dump out there like it did last year.