Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I remember correctly, and I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong. He said that TT was leaning towards being original and I don't think he ever came out and said it was original and now we see that it is a not an original theme.

I think it is more likely that if KKFOS shows up it won't be as TT but what if.

Also remember that while it is assumed we are getting the Purge Murdy clearly hinted that we won't be getting a repeat. My point, Murdy tells us what he wants to tell us how he wants to tell us.

that makes sense... although i'm still baffled by them putting Mr Ping back in the plaza temporarily for the last few weeks of summer.

it'd make more sense for them to use French st for a scarezone this year & have Parisian dump out into french st like 2014/2015 did. If Baker st needs to be partially used for TWD queue, it will be hell for Parisian to dump out there like it did last year.

That approach presents two problems.

1 - it creates a dead end for guests attempting to access the Parisian Street scare zone (without having passed through the Courtyard maze). This creates a bottleneck where guest flows run contrary to one another.

2 - French Street was used last year for backstage actor maze access, in addition to RIP lounge. (Those in said lounge could absolutely see various Blumhouse characters come in and out of the maze if they paid any attention.) It's unclear if there are sufficient entry points into that location elsewhere (most likely depends on the final design of the maze - Blumhouse really pushed the limits of space. Lot of choke points)

Additionally, Courtyard maze will have to exit somewhere. Last year, it dumped into Baker Street, near the Walking Dead queue. That may not be possible this year due to the Globe tear-down; that corridor might be needed to route Walking Dead extended queue into Despicable Me as necessary. This could potentially mean the Courtyard maze empties into French Street, as you described. However, the #1 concern makes me think they won't put a formal zone there. If anything, perhaps an extended, one-way/outdoor finale.

True about all of that. Also, someone said it a while ago but KKFOS were on the TT in the 2000s which would mean they wouldn’t be original; hopefully they’ll be that or a SZ
Killer Klowns from Outer Space were never on the tram or at the event at all. They didn't start putting actual themes in the tram until 2006.
If I remember correctly, and I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong. He said that TT was leaning towards being original and I don't think he ever came out and said it was original and now we see that it is a not an original theme.

I think it is more likely that if KKFOS shows up it won't be as TT but what if.

Also remember that while it is assumed we are getting the Purge Murdy clearly hinted that we won't be getting a repeat. My point, Murdy tells us what he wants to tell us how he wants to tell us.

Tram is original so it's not a IP. And Murdy stated it's not a New Theme. So it's probably Hollywood Harry.
KKFOS for mini maze plaza?
Mini Maze Plaza is the Universal Plaza where they will use it for the Parisian Courtyard maze as a Gauntlet. Killer Klowns from Outer Space is said to be a Scare zone so it wouldn't have a Mini maze. It would be a Regular scare zone. And whatever property is going in Parisian Courtyard will use the Universal Plaza as a Mini maze/Gaunlet.

Reactions: chris.g
You forgot the other main issue with Baker St... it is the only location for a nearby bathroom in that area. The only other Upper Lot restroom that is close is Waterworld & Animal Actors.

Now if French st had a dead end SZ, it shouldn't be too much of an issue since Baker st has been a dead end the past 2 years.

I swear, I feel like Universal lets us try to figure out all the logistics, read the forums & go with whatever sounds best so it saves them the headache haha

Reactions: Clive

Tram is original so it's not a IP. And Murdy stated it's not a New Theme. So it's probably Hollywood Harry.

I stand corrected.

Although I am not sure we would see two sections with clowns with differing and unrelated stories. Though as I type this I remember last years TT and ToT maze had two different stories.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space were never on the tram or at the event at all. They didn't start putting actual themes in the tram until 2006.
Not under John’s presence... quick google search will show you they were featured (the name was used at least) in one of the early 90s teams with Jack in Terror Tram: Horror Comes Home. So perhaps since it wasn’t used under John’s presence that’s why it’s considered a new IP

Edit: not 90s. 2007. The horrornightswiki that I read said 92 for some reason... someone should get their facts straight :lol:

Last edited:
Not under John’s presence... quick google search will show you they were featured (the name was used at least) in one of the early 90s teams with Jack in Terror Tram: Horror Comes Home. So perhaps since it wasn’t used under John’s presence that’s why it’s considered a new IP
Not 1990s but they were used in 2007 in the Tram

There was only one Tram in the 90s which 1992 which we didn't get another Tram till 2006. I think it's considered new because it wasn't a main theme. Or advertised at all. Matter of fact the Klowns look nothing like from the movie. Just some clowns with Chainsaws.

Last edited:
You forgot the other main issue with Baker St... it is the only location for a nearby bathroom in that area. The only other Upper Lot restroom that is close is Waterworld & Animal Actors.

Now if French st had a dead end SZ, it shouldn't be too much of an issue since Baker st has been a dead end the past 2 years.

I swear, I feel like Universal lets us try to figure out all the logistics, read the forums & go with whatever sounds best so it saves them the headache haha

The difference is Baker didn't a scare zone drawing people back there as Blumhouse spit people out in the opposite direction. The only reason to go *into* Baker Street was if you were joining the super-extended queue for Walking Dead, and that was in a single, one-way organized aisle.

Guests exiting the 2018 Courtyard maze walking against the flow of other guests entering a dead end scare zone will not mix well.

Well.....now that we know Bumhouse is a sure thing (That was not a typo), what do you guys expect? I'm going to say Insidious, Truth or Dare, and Sinister. Maaaaayyyybe Get Out if we're lucky (Although that would be the only redeeming factor for this maze). C'mon, you know Murdy is going include Insidious. The GP loves it and he can just copy+paste scenes from past houses. It would be painfully easy for him.

I could see Get Out being a possibility as the Purge will likely get its own house and the new one, from what I read, had a LOT of controversial material in there.

Well.....now that we know Bumhouse is a sure thing (That was not a typo), what do you guys expect? I'm going to say Insidious, Truth or Dare, and Sinister. Maaaaayyyybe Get Out if we're lucky (Although that would be the only redeeming factor for this maze). C'mon, you know Murdy is going include Insidious. The GP loves it and he can just copy+paste scenes from past houses. It would be painfully easy for him.

I could see Get Out being a possibility as the Purge will likely get its own house and the new one, from what I read, had a LOT of controversial material in there.

This basically has to include Get Out or it's a bust. Blumhouse worked in Parisian because it was a maze that everyone encountered upon entry; it was in many ways an "overflow" maze, but certainly not a draw in and of itself. Placing this in the premiere AHS spot (which has just about the greatest capacity queue) is an insane choice... unless it includes a marquee, never-before-seen property that'll goad audiences down to Metro. Get Out might fit that bill. Truth or Dare certainly won't, nor will a watered down repeat of Insidious or Purge.

Reactions: horrornights789

Insidious Murdy mentioned isn't returning this year. Truth or Dare Murdy mentioned he hasn't seen it.

Murdy has mentioned that there were other scenes he wanted to do for Sinister.

And plus it was extremely well received.

I'm expecting Ouija, Sinister, and Get Out. Get Out to drive the guests to go see the maze. And Ouija because they have promoted it in the past.

Reactions: chris.g
Insidious Murdy mentioned isn't returning this year. Truth or Dare Murdy mentioned he hasn't seen it.

Murdy has mentioned that there were other scenes he wanted to do for Sinister.

And plus it was extremely well received.

I'm expecting Ouija, Sinister, and Get Out. Get Out to drive the guests to go see the maze. And Ouija because they have promoted it in the past.

Don't hold your breath on Ouija. Not only are there significant licensing hurdles, it is also no longer a priority for Universal/Blum due to the sequel's commercial failure.

Sinister they could probably justify repeating/expanding due to the success of the segment. I'd expect Truth or Dare and... maybe... a Get Out moment or two.

I’m just gonna ignore (partially) the inside info and do something crazy, speculate.
What if Blumhouse 2 is gonna feature a preview of Halloween 2018?
People with inside info or who only believe that stuff are probably gonna shut be down, but this is fun so hear me out. At last year’s opening night John expressed interest about said movie in and interview then Jason Blum said he was gonna get him a script. So that lead us to believe, along with the original leaked lineup, that Halloween 2018 will be featured at the event. When it came out that it wouldn’t be Halloween 2018 and would instead be Halloween 4 what if that was just perhaps one of their thoughts to replace the entire maze. So taking a step back, why would Halloween 2018 not be featured at the event? It’s universal, John wants it, Jason wants John to do it, maybe someone else involved with production who had more say (carpenter perhaps?) didn’t want the entirety of the movie spoiled. So maybe while considering their options they talked it out and said something like “well, what if we only do a scene or two, stuff that’s represented in the trailers and wouldn’t give much away, in a Blumhouse compilation maze?” Perhaps that was an idea and perhaps it was shut down and they are doing a maze solely based on Halloween 4. Or Halloween 4, a movie I don’t really think many care about nowadays, was one of their backup options but they instead decided to put 2018 into Blumhouse 2 and the waterworld maze is something unknown?
Like I said, probably gonna get shut down by those with inside info. But this is a speculation thread, so I’m gonna speculate

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath on Ouija. Not only are there significant licensing hurdles, it is also no longer a priority for Universal/Blum due to the sequel's commercial failure.

Sinister they could probably justify repeating/expanding due to the success of the segment. I'd expect Truth or Dare and... maybe... a Get Out moment or two.

Ouija was originally supposed to be in Orlando’s Horrors of Blumhouse though, before Hasbro got it Purged. It seems like Uni would still wanna do it though considering they attempted last year even though the sequel came out in 2016.

I’m predicting Horrors of Blumhouse 2 featuring Sinister, Get Out, Ouija or ???. Just a though on Insidious, but could he be meaning no as in not a full on maze or no as in not happening? I wanna say ToD could come because it was a financial success but nobody seemed to like it and John hasn’t seen it.

What are the chances of The Visit being in HoB V.2? Plus, I'm not bummed about Sinister returning; it was my favorite segment and it gives them the capability of being able to correct stuff from the last maze version (black hallways that hopefully will be covered with this year's budget).