Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Blumhouse is gonna recycle 2 mazes and then also use Truth or Dare? Yikes. Hopefully Sinister delivers. Reallyyyyy don’t know if that maze is gonna get long lines though since we just had Insidious and ToD wasn’t that well received

So one of the other mazes is not being done as we expect?? Poltergeist based on the recent remake and not the original?

Yikes. This years lineup is starting to become a mess. Remember when we all thought IT, The Thing and AHS Asylum were gonna happen. Good times...

Reactions: cdogsumo
Though it makes me wonder, if UCM is safe, wouldn't that mean technically the middle finger would also be raised to Orlando, given that we supposedly share the other 3 unannounced mazes with them as well?

Though it makes me wonder, if UCM is safe, wouldn't that mean technically the middle finger would also be raised to Orlando, given that we supposedly share the other 3 unannounced mazes with them as well?

Unless it's something like Orlando is getting classic Poltergeist to fit their 80's theme, and Hollywood is getting Poltergeist remake.

Nothing is as bad as This Is The End. It could literally be The Last Key segment, the Sinister segment and the hedges from Halloween back in 2015 (?) and that'd still be better than TitE.

I rephrase that. Nothing in HOB is as bad as This is the End.

Jabba doing a maze, specifically UCM, would be as bad lol

Nothing is as bad as This Is The End. It could literally be The Last Key segment, the Sinister segment and the hedges from Halloween back in 2015 (?) and that'd still be better than TitE.

I rephrase that. Nothing in HOB is as bad as This is the End.

Jabba doing a maze, specifically UCM, would be as bad lol

I was just about to say this lmao. Truth or Dare would be bad but i would take that any day over This Is The End. Still very disappointing considering that Blumhouse has Get Out, Split, and Oculus under their belt.

Also, Im starting to think the real reason those properties (Get Out in particular) are being avoided is because they'd require some interpretation of the source material outside of whats literally in the movie (creativity) to execute. Something more akin to HHN Orlando's Exorcist maze or the Psycho houses they had in the 90's. It doesn't really make sense to me that Get Out is challenging due to social commentary but we can get The First Purge?

Last edited:
For some reason, every time someone said "Truth or Dare" in here, my mind was thinking of Happy Death Day, and I kept thinking "y'all dumb, why would they repeat HDD." lmao\
But okay, Truth or Dare, the movie I just realized we were actually talking about all this time, would make more sense lmao
Although still an awful movie (literally the worst one I've seen in a theater this year and it'd be hard to get lower than that), has very little maze fodder, and doesn't hold a candle to Get Out or Split. Not to mention, not even slightly scary, even in comparison to HDD which imo was so average it hurt. ToD is actively and aggressively a POS movie.
But still -- or at least I don't think it is -- it isn't as bad as TitE.

Reactions: horrornights789
Just a thought, as I know we won’t get them, but why didn’t Murdy even consider Oculus and The Visit for this year’s or last year’s Blumhouse mazes? The Visit rebooted M. Night Shyamalan’s career and has enough for a small section(that bedroom scene though), and Oculus could fit one room but also have a ton of atmosphere.

But yeah Truth or Dare has even less Maze material than Get Out or Split. Get Out has the Living Room, Sunken Place, Brainwashing Room, and the Surgery area. Split has the bunker, hallway with girl’s corpse, and the pipe section where the Beast chased that other girl. Truth or Dare has that one alley way but nothing else too memorable

Just a thought, as I know we won’t get them, but why didn’t Murdy even consider Oculus and The Visit for this year’s or last year’s Blumhouse mazes? The Visit rebooted M. Night Shyamalan’s career and has enough for a small section(that bedroom scene though), and Oculus could fit one room but also have a ton of atmosphere.

According to Murdy, Oculus flopped (which i still don't understand??)

Reactions: horrornights789
^YAY! After the amount of effort that they put into last year's show. I'm okay with this.

most likely WWOHP won't be open this year.
I wouldn't rule it out for being open. It has one of the only major thrill rides in the park.

The thing to speculate on now.. is what the possible 2nd show would be..
"Slaughterworld Returns"... make it happen.. The cast have been itching to bring it back for years

There is no way in the seven hells that ANYTHING is going into DWT.
In a perfect world, they'd swap out the ride film for one of the many DreamWorks Halloween short films strictly for day/night haunt season..

I've remained calm about all announcements so far but Jabba coming back for a 4th year has me PISSSSEDDDD!!!
At least last year they gave us an all new show complete with a plot and even went the extra mile to create a queue video/preshow for the holding area. If they put that kind of effort into a new show this year, it will be a welcome addition. If not, then you can go play with your chainsaw