Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't visited this thread in a while, but after all the WB and DH announcements this weekend, I knew I had to return to watch everyone lose their s**t. :grin:

For all the crap HHN Hollywood gets, I'm realizing one (among others, obviously) key difference between Hollywood and Orlando is the local competition. USH has KFB, the King of the original Haunt, about an hour away and going strong after 40+ years. About 30 minutes north is SFMM... admittedly inferior, but also more affordable. Dark Harbor now has a stronger force behind it, and WB down the street is now jumping headlong into the picture with both feet forward. Not to mention all the numerous independent events (ROT, Creep, Sinister Pointe, etc.).

Who's Orlando's main haunt competition? WDW doesn't seem to really count, as it's such a different demographic. And I know there's Busch Gardens Tampa, but that's about 2 hours away. I know there are a few local, independent haunts, but anyone else in the area that's serious competition for them? If not, that gives them a LOT more freedom to do things that we may not have the luxury of out here--where you have to be aware of what everyone else is doing and cater, change, and adapt your own plans to stand out from the crowd.

Y'all remember in 2010 when they announced their first maze in August, then everything else after that was a repeat? bahahaha. I don't complain anymore. That was genuine cruel and unusual punishment.

The panel today was pretty good, I just think Warner Bros’ was better since they literally announced their entire event. Does anyone remember last year’s panel? I don’t remember anything about it aside from The Shining so I’m just wondering if more was covered in this one or that one

Reactions: chris.g
I remember being so shocked, after I visited that year, learning that the Captain Spaulding actors were wearing masks. I just assumed it was just fake beards and makeup only.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g

• "Featuring 8 terrifying mazes based on the most frightening films and television shows ever, including Netflix’s Stranger Things, Trick ‘r Treat, The First Purge and more new mazes yet to be announced!
  • An ALL-NEW Terror Tram experience!
  • An ALL-NEW Live Show!
  • NEW scare zones!
  • Ticket products for other nights of the event will go on sale on August 7, 2018"

They're doing pre-sale tickets...yet haven't announced the dates. Also, why is express/ hopefully RIP included in this sale? It's so frustrating and feels disorganized.