Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like marketing gets worse with this every year.

Hollywood’s does. Orlando’s has been doing really well this year because they can announce their originals during announcement droughts like were in right now. Still don’t why they haven’t announced UCM yet though since that’s an exclusive and the facade gives it away

Yikes. Guessing we’ll never get IT & The Conjuring in the same year if ever

In a way, I think WB being more restrictive for the Horror front may actually benefit Universal Hollywood; as it may be the force that gets them to move towards more of an "original" event, to stand out against WB.

Now, I'm not talking all originals, but I think we need to look to how Orlando..somewhat mixes the two. I think it's huge of the potential with Netflix, and there will always be smaller studios.

That's just my thing, but it matters more to what lies for the future of the event going forward.

In a way, I think WB being more restrictive for the Horror front may actually benefit Universal Hollywood; as it may be the force that gets them to move towards more of an "original" event, to stand out against WB.

Now, I'm not talking all originals, but I think we need to look to how Orlando..somewhat mixes the two. I think it's huge of the potential with Netflix, and there will always be smaller studios.

That's just my thing, but it matters more to what lies for the future of the event going forward.

True, plus I think WB is gonna force HHN to get creative and change things up going forward.

I think WB is going to end up forcing Murdy out and one of the Orlando designers will move west.

One? ;)

Wasn't it said that if John leaves, Chris will too? That would mean they'd have to get more than one. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be shocked they pool people from Orlando or Singapore to come over to Hollywood (and that it's not just one), but perhaps that's just me.

EDIT: Also, going forward; just because Universal can't get their hands on Fox (looks at Disney) and WB (looks at HMH); that doesn't mean the event will die.

Next year..is going to probably be hell. And I do mean that in a nice way. But that hell, may get things finally to where they should be, moving forward.

Last edited:
WB stepping and being restrictive with their properties is the best thing that can happen to HHN. They have been in cruise control for too long. They can’t rely on Freddy and Jason and black walls anymore. If this year is another 2017, they’re going to suffer next year. That’s not to mention Cooke will now be healming Queen Mary. Besides, what’s stopping WB From licensing outside properties eventually? HHN will REALLY have competition now.

Already mentioned, but now that WB is in the game, HHN is going to have to adapt to Orlando's structure in order to stand out; some originals, some IPs.

I’m pretty excited as a tired HHN fan. They’re now going to be forced to change.

All the scare zones were announced at Midsummer Scream last year; if only it could be the same this year (hoping I'm proven wrong once the presentation ends).

So what, the MSS panel would be "Hey let's talk about all this amazing stuff for HHN Orlando!" while Hollywood talks "There's ST..and TrT..and Oh-- have you heard of Holidays in Hell yet?"

Given how late Insidious and Horrors of Blumhouse were announced last August (the 28th and 29th), having maze announcements at this year's ScareLA does seem more probable.

Sounds like the PERFECT TIME TO DO SCREAM

But dang, WB put the hammer down. Wasn't expecting that. Guess I was wrong about them having no effect on HHN.
This BETTER mean that WB's event is off the charts AMAZING.
It'd be great if there's two studios having awesome haunts not even a mile of each other doing movie set quality mazes.
Gets me excited, but expectations can always be deflated by bad product. Even if their first year going big sucks, it'll taint it for me.
I haven't been back to Fright Fest since like '06 because of one bad time and have no desire to ever go back because of it. That was more than a decade ago.
I was also a faithful KSF lover and a few bad eggs has turned what was a "few times a year" obsession to "once every two years."

Reactions: Rideguy70