Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I just realized there’s not a SINGLE original in the lineup, I’m blind as hell. That really sucks. And based on what legacy said, it obviously had something to do with a virus-like maze.At least the scarezones could be interesting?

Hollywood V3...

Will there really be five scare zones? Color me skeptical.

7 mazes entirely?! F*** man. I wanted at least 1-2 more mazes added

If we kept the crowd size and still cut down on mazes, I think there'd be an issue. But with the reduced capacity, I doubt it will be all that noticeable. Smart, money-saving measure.

Your original got cut cause the concept was too closely related to a pandemic.
All the better.

I’m actually not that bummed the original got cut. It sounds like it would’ve been kind of generic. Hope this means they’ll invest more into the mazes so I’m okay with getting only six legit mazes.

I’ve noticed Hill House will not be in a sound stage apparently. That sucks. The IP REALLY needs a sound stage to make it work, mainly with the Nellie death scene.

I’m actually not that bummed the original got cut. It sounds like it would’ve been kind of generic. Hope this means they’ll invest more into the mazes so I’m okay with getting only six legit mazes.

I’ve noticed Hill House will not be in a sound stage apparently. That sucks. The IP REALLY needs a sound stage to make it work, mainly with the Nellie death scene.
I was skeptical of a stage since Haunting isn’t Stranger Things level of popular or important for Netflix, but that does really suck.

Invisible man was previously advertised, but then again quite a bit has changed since their initial post was made, and it wouldn’t be a strange choice to advertise UCM to an audience that obviously is interested, so it wouldn’t look like they were going back on some announcement or something. It definitely has a chance, but it’s probably the one I’m most uncertain about. Could be a good place to put an original and save a bit of budget.

That’s what I’m saying. No one really includes TWD as an actual maze.
Anyone else interested in if there will be any additions to TWD? I could definitely see them beefing up the cast similar to 2016 due to the loss of so many mazes, but maybe even extensions to the maze? If we don’t see the gauntlet or any other zones return, maybe an outdoors mini gauntlet could happen? Just spitballing

7 mazes to me isn't that bad. (yeah yeah one is walking dead) To me this sounds like a good time and something to do over sitting in my house.

Reactions: Verdicoshna
I find it really odd that people are treating this as some kind of radical change or that every item on the map is for sure going to be at the event, since generally speculation maps don't hit 100% till around the time Midsummer Scream normally happens.
Personally I really don't mind this lineup, It's solid, not a ton of heavy hitters but if you do nothing but heavy hitters you'll burn through them pretty quick. I'm extremely skeptical of Invisible Man coming for reasons I've said probably way too many times in these threads, and because having two separate mazes representing the Universal Monsters franchise seems really weird to me, but if they can pull it off maybe it'll be a cool maze. Personally I'm assuming this is a situation like last year with Metallica, where it stays on the speculation map pretty late in the game though it doesn't actually come.
I'm also fine with us going back to 6 mazes, I would have preferred 7 or 8 since we seemingly won't have any hopes of terror tram returning, but I can live with it, 10 mazes was nice but it was impossible for a regular guest to finish in one night most of the time, not to mention that this is probably the only way we can hope for some decent budget distribution assuming that covid caused it to take a hit. I honestly really don't get the way a lot of people are reacting to the map on twitter, guess a lot of people either care more about originals than was once thought or people just like a high maze count regardless.

The Invisible Man was a hit, and it's one of only a handful of movies (horror or otherwise) to even be released this year, so from that angle, it makes total sense. How it's executed is another thing entirely. It's unfortunate that they have this one slotted for a year with a reduced budget, because I think it would require a fair bit of innovation to make it work to its full potential.

I might get dragged for this but I like this lineup. Less maxes hopefully means they can’t cut as many corners, and one of those mazes(TCM) is basically gonna have repeat sets from old TCM mazes and Silent Hill. That means 5 will be “new”, which means they’ll likely have to go for quality. I’m excited we at least don’t have Purge

This lineup is good, execution is what worries me. Ironically I expect TCM to be the best out of all of them.

Given location, Invisible Man is my bet for the clunker house.I liked Blumhouse 1.0 but the sets were abysmal and I’m not expecting Murdy to treat Invisble Man like Us. Loved the movie, nervous to see how it plays out.

I’m betting Billie will be the best IP house. Murdy usually goes all in for musical houses, nonetheless this house is probably going to be the headliner.

Edit - Am I crazy or is Hill House in the Mummy Queue???? That would be the worst place to put it

Reactions: chris.g
I remember HHN having only like 6 mazes before or less if I’m not mistaken. We have been spoiled the past couple years with maze count (Or am I remembering wrong)

I remember HHN having only like 6 mazes before or less if I’m not mistaken. We have been spoiled the past couple years with maze count (Or am I remembering wrong)
We have been. For a year we all know they will make wayyyy less money if this line up is true, its a good deal for us.

Yeah. I first went in 2009 and they only had 4 mazes. I think they expanded to 5 mazes in 2010 and 6 mazes in 2011. Expanded to 7 mazes in 2014 and didn’t expand again until 2017 where we had 8 mazes.

Status
Not open for further replies.