Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, never heard of TPU, but that Earthquake maze they had on their list sounds pretty cool. I imagine that's the one we lost due to it being "too close to the pandemic." Although, I don't see how. Honestly, the only thing I can see them being like "yeah let's not do that" is anything that has to do with someone coughing on other people. Anything else is fair game, IMO. Maybe it'll be one of the scarezones?

I'm shocked so many overlap with Orlando given that anniversary years over there normally tend to have Murdy deciding to go a completely different route (see 2015 with only two shared mazes).. I wonder if we'll share the marketing/ads.. come to think of it, we haven't heard anything about Tram..

Hm, never heard of TPU, but that Earthquake maze they had on their list sounds pretty cool. I imagine that's the one we lost due to it being "too close to the pandemic." Although, I don't see how. Honestly, the only thing I can see them being like "yeah let's not do that" is anything that has to do with someone coughing on other people. Anything else is fair game, IMO. Maybe it'll be one of the scarezones?
The list was for Orlando but I imagine since it (Invisible Man) isn't happening for Orlando anymore, Hollywood will still probably do it.

I could see Eilish being pretty good actually. I agree TIM has the lowest possibility of being good. I know a lot of people want The Lighthouse but I personally feel it would be wasted execution, especially with scenes minimal in capable of translating to a maze that even I think Hereditary suffers from (even though I wanna see it at the event really bad). There's a lot of strange decisions on Hollywood's end in terms of IPs this year especially in a year where they were actually given more of the liberty to choose from.
Honestly I don't think a majority of A24 movies would be that hard to turn into a maze, it would just have to be a lot more theatrical than your standard maze, which the designers seem to not really like doing. Only one I can think of that would be legitimately difficult to imagine would be Midsommar since it takes place nearly entirely in the daylight, and frankly doesn't have a lot going on.

Also, what happened to that rumored Jordan Peele original? Was that maze scrapped because of the pandemic?

No idea if the original involved Jordan Peele, however Legacy has the answer on why the original house got the axe.

Your original got cut cause the concept was too closely related to a pandemic.

This reminds me of discussions elsewhere where some people were wondering if a house would be cut because it was virus/pandemic themed, well it looks like this just isn't HW's year.

The more I see reactions the more I'm mildly baffled at how negative people are reacting towards the idea of only having 6 mazes. Some of the best years in the events history, notably 2016, and some of the best mazes in the events history, such as Insidious 2015 and Texas Chainsaw Back in Business, came out of years with 6 mazes or less. I will admit the lack of terror tram and the likely scaling back of scarezones makes there overall less content at the event, but a scaling back of the maze count makes me interested in the possibility of more money going into the maze design themselves. Its honestly kinda hard for me to understand, had we been sorta spoiled with the constantly growing maze count over the last few years, or is it just because a lot more of the HHN fanbase wasn't around for the pre 2016 years?

my main issue is that if this becomes true, that’s all we get. I know it sounds ungrateful but damn where’s the scare zone that turns into a maze? I loved Holidayz in Hell! That was my favorite maze last year and I was looking forward to something similar.
No Terror Team? Ugh, that’s the coolest and most unique aspect of HHNH.

Also, what happened to that rumored Jordan Peele original? Was that maze scrapped because of the pandemic?
No idea if the original involved Jordan Peele, however Legacy has the answer on why the original house got the axe.

This reminds me of discussions elsewhere where some people were wondering if a house would be cut because it was virus/pandemic themed, well it looks like this just isn't HW's year.
Toxxxic Tunnel is rumored to be the pandemic cut.

Jeez, if Toxic Tunnel was supposed to get the original maze treatment instead of All Hallows Evil or Spirits and Demons, that would have been a real twist.
No real loss if it was cut as a zone though, I actually really enjoyed it last year but it had its time. I can't think of the last zone to exist under the same name for 3 years, Deadwood maybe?

It’s a scarezone and getting axed because it’s related to a virus/toxicity/contamination.

I’m assuming our original house probably had to do with The Black Death or anything that relates to toxicity, contamination or health emergency?
Right. But the first post said an original maze was cut because it has to do with a pandemic. But then it seemed like Toxic Tunnel was the thing that cut? Were they attempting to turn Toxic Tunnel into a maze? If so, I’m doubly glad that it got cut.

Right. But the first post said an original maze was cut because it has to do with a pandemic. But then it seemed like Toxic Tunnel was the thing that cut? Were they attempting to turn Toxic Tunnel into a maze? If so, I’m doubly glad that it got cut.
I mean the concept in itself might actually be better suited for a maze, at least in its original form, I could very easily see it being a Dead Exposure/Pandoras Box UV maze about underground toxic mutants, kinda the closest we'd ever get to a CHUD or Toxic Avenger maze.

I mean the concept in itself might actually be better suited for a maze, at least in its original form, I could very easily see it being a Dead Exposure/Pandoras Box UV maze about underground toxic mutants, kinda the closest we'd ever get to a CHUD or Toxic Avenger maze.

I think it could've been fun if they leaned into that kitschy Halloween concept they were pushing last year, with the gaudy classic monsters masks and the car mechanic outfits. Might've been a neat comedy maze.

Reactions: TCox91
I think it could've been fun if they leaned into that kitschy Halloween concept they were pushing last year, with the gaudy classic monsters masks and the car mechanic outfits. Might've been a neat comedy maze.
Could have worked if they went all the way with it, though a full maze in an ed roth art style seems a little bit out of hollywoods wheelhouse or budget.

I don’t disagree with you, necessarily. I just personally have a lot of TT fatigue and I don’t think a whole maze would alleviate any of it lol. If we’re gonna keep up the SZ to maze pipeline, it wouldn’t be my first choice. But you’re right, if it had popped up as an original maze first and not been SZ for the last however many years, I’d probably be into it.

Well toxic tunnel can be turned into something else but I’m sure it’s better to have no scare actors so we can social distance instead of having people run into each other in the dark

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.