Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’m a little out of the loop cause I just got out of work but I’ve had the whole shift to think about the speculation map and I honestly went from being disappointed to being excited. Yeah loosing the originals sucks, and we’ve already talked about why the invisible man is a bad idea based on the all too real and all too horrific subject matter. But after everything we’ve been through this year I’m just glad to be getting ANYTHING. Also What’s M8 on the map? Is that a tease? A mistake? I’m so confused 86CB494D-4D2D-499B-AC9F-801A9D433E1D.png

Ok so I’m a little out of the loop cause I just got out of work but I’ve had the whole shift to think about the speculation map and I honestly went from being disappointed to being excited. Yeah loosing the originals sucks, and we’ve already talked about why the invisible man is a bad idea based on the all too real and all too horrific subject matter. But after everything we’ve been through this year I’m just glad to be getting ANYTHING. Also What’s M8 on the map? Is that a tease? A mistake? I’m so confused View attachment 12551
Could be a mistake, could just be a spot they don't know about. We won't even know if that location is being used since theres no tent there or at Metro.

Other tents could still potentially be set up between now and August, honestly. What maze was it that they literally built like the weekend before because it was mostly built off site?

Other tents could still potentially be set up between now and August, honestly. What maze was it that they literally built like the weekend before because it was mostly built off site?
What year was that? I don't remember the last time a maze was done within the last week before but I know Pandoras Box and Us cut really close last year.

There's a guy in the Facebook group who says he works there. He posted the speculation map as if it was a done deal and did not say it was speculation. He then went on to say it was speculation (From Horror Nightmares actually) and that they've been "very very accurate the last 6 years." He went on to talk about budget cuts and that TWD would no longer be at HHN starting next year. Not bashing the guy just saying he put himself out there with this map. He also stated minions, SLOP and Funland will be closed. Someone else stated Eilish was designing the house. ‍

• Wow
Reactions: chris.g
There's a guy in the Facebook group who says he works there. He posted the speculation map as if it was a done deal and did not say it was speculation. He then went on to say it was speculation (From Horror Nightmares actually) and that they've been "very very accurate the last 6 years." He went on to talk about budget cuts and that TWD would no longer be at HHN starting next year. Not bashing the guy just saying he put himself out there with this map. He also stated minions, SLOP and Funland will be closed. Someone else stated Eilish was designing the house. ‍
I dunno if we should take that seriously or not could be a butterbeer vendor acting like he knows something.

Ellish being intimately involved with Hollywood and Orlando's events..makes a lot of sense. Especially as if I'm not mistaken, she's a fan of the event. It may actually mean that we may see it as one of the higher quality mazes, especially if she is being given a lot of control to make it work.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
The Eilish house will be good. Im worried about Hill House being an AvED situation which is a wasted execution of a great IP. Beetlejuice eh, I dont care for it. Should be goofy fun.

I am really excited for what Billie Eilish could bring to the table. The Haunting of Hill House has quickly become one of my favorite adaptations and I hope they can do it justice.

The more I see reactions the more I'm mildly baffled at how negative people are reacting towards the idea of only having 6 mazes. Some of the best years in the events history, notably 2016, and some of the best mazes in the events history, such as Insidious 2015 and Texas Chainsaw Back in Business, came out of years with 6 mazes or less. I will admit the lack of terror tram and the likely scaling back of scarezones makes there overall less content at the event, but a scaling back of the maze count makes me interested in the possibility of more money going into the maze design themselves. Its honestly kinda hard for me to understand, had we been sorta spoiled with the constantly growing maze count over the last few years, or is it just because a lot more of the HHN fanbase wasn't around for the pre 2016 years?

Not to mention, people should be grateful we're even getting the event at all this year considering everything that's happened. I'll happily take six mazes over zero.

The Eilish house will be good. Im worried about Hill House being an AvED situation which is a wasted execution of a great IP. Beetlejuice eh, I dont care for it. Should be goofy fun.
My worry with Beetlejuice is it becomes Ghostbusters 2.0 — they really need to lean into the darker and more macabre aspects of that movie and universe to make it work.

I’m too lazy to post the tweet but nightmares updated their map to fix locations. Parisian isn’t happening now, Hill House is going in SS 29, IM is going in Mummy, and there’s no more M8.

I was just reading through California’s new face mask requirements on KTLA. Thought this one was interesting...

Engaged in work — including at a workplace or working off-site — when interacting with members of the public in person.

So all scare actors will be required to wear face masks? Guess that destroys my hope of a Beetlejuice barker role a la Janine in GB.

I was just reading through California’s new face mask requirements on KTLA. Thought this one was interesting...

Engaged in work — including at a workplace or working off-site — when interacting with members of the public in person.

So all scare actors will be required to wear face masks? Guess that destroys my hope of a Beetlejuice barker role a la Janine in GB.
September is still a ways away.

Also I’m glad to see Hill House is going in 29 after all. Whew!

September is still a ways away.

Also I’m glad to see Hill House is going in 29 after all. Whew!

It’s 74 days. Sure something can change, but with the way this year’s been, I’m not holding my breath.

Agree about Hill House. That location will add a lot to the atmosphere.

My worry with Beetlejuice is it becomes Ghostbusters 2.0 — they really need to lean into the darker and more macabre aspects of that movie and universe to make it work.
I heard nothing but good things about Ghost Busters from last year.

Not every Maze to me needs to be dark, I'm assuming most of you are like me and have done the mazes for so many year would only get really scared if it was only you in the maze by yourself with no one else there.
I look at Mazes more of walking though cool sets.

While I had issues with Ghostbusters, I kind of loved how it incorporated the visual identity of the franchise, along with not only retaining it's comical side, but bringing in the pictionary that can make people jump.

Beetlejuice is..an interesting one. Because I can see where it can easily, very easily, go south because of it's humor and Schick.

Reactions: TCox91
Status
Not open for further replies.