Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know we may not like the sound of what we're hearing about this year... but I strongly strongly suggest going to the event at least one as it may have ripples in what the future will hold.
If management is really looking to the performance and profitability of *this year* to determine the future scope and scale of the event, they're more incompetent than I had figured.
These events don't unfold in a vacuum. PnLs are a thing.

These events don't unfold in a vacuum. PnLs are a thing.

Every entertainment company across the world is taking write-downs for all types of products, services, and events due to the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in. On top of delta, we have a largely repeated event (at basically the same prices as 2019) with only two entirely new mazes. If this year's event is a financial disappointment, it'll be fairly easy to see why, and it would be foolhardy to use it as a means to justify a future reduction in scope.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time they've tripped over dollars to pick up pennies. If this is the mindset of the current leadership, maybe it is time to put the event to sleep for a while and let Scary Farm reign.

Every entertainment company across the world is taking write-downs for all types of products, services, and events due to the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in. On top of delta, we have a largely repeated event (at basically the same prices as 2019) with only two entirely new mazes. If this year's event is a financial disappointment, it'll be fairly easy to see why, and it would be foolhardy to use it as a means to justify a future reduction in scope.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time they've tripped over dollars to pick up pennies. If this is the mindset of the current leadership, maybe it is time to put the event to sleep for a while and let Scary Farm reign.
I'm just saying they won't have a choice either way. Whether the event does poorly financially because it's a "largely repeated event" that everyone hates, or because the pandemic is still keeping people who would otherwise attend at home, the results are the results no matter what. We're just talking about the bottom line here -- like, the literal bottom line of the PNL. An event like Scary Farm doesn't run into this issue because it actually is a "largely repeated event." There's a reason the lineups year after year are essentially identical; why the overall scale of the event is always essentially the same. When your budgets and operating costs never change, you're almost guaranteed a certain level of revenue, right?

And obviously HHN repeats itself -- you could say they're just more sneaky about it, whereas Scary Farm is more upfront. (Honestly, from that perspective, the two events aren't all that different.) But the financial stakes at Scary Farm are decidedly lower than HHN for reasons that should be extremely obvious.

If management is really looking to the performance and profitability of *this year* to determine the future scope and scale of the event, they're more incompetent than I had figured.
The cause & effect situation I'm hearing is actually a benefit for the event rather than if its worth it or not to determine its future scope and scale. More along the lines of , if successful, "give the people what they really want". Still though, underperformance is also likely to be treated harshly.

Lots of surveys this year from the sounds of it too so do not hesitate to give your feedback when you go.

i think it'd be unfortunate to judge attendance this year as a lot of people still don't feel safe going out, especially with the new variant. i have a lot of friends that have high risk family members that would probably kill to go this year, but can't put the people they live with at risk by going to a theme park.

(i don't mean for this to be political so please don't start anything.)

i think it'd be unfortunate to judge attendance this year as a lot of people still don't feel safe going out, especially with the new variant. i have a lot of friends that have high risk family members that would probably kill to go this year, but can't put the people they live with at risk by going to a theme park.

(i don't mean for this to be political so please don't start anything.)

For what it's worth, I do know USH has considered making HHN vaxxed only if it gets out of hand, if not making masks mandatory again. I doubt it'll happen but, interesting to consider.

And obviously HHN repeats itself -- you could say they're just more sneaky about it, whereas Scary Farm is more upfront. (Honestly, from that perspective, the two events aren't all that different.) But the financial stakes at Scary Farm are decidedly lower than HHN for reasons that should be extremely obvious.

I think the difference with all the repeats with Knott's is that they have many more mazes in a given year. Not to mention way more shows.

Personally, I think one of the biggest things that hurts HHN is the lack of anything to do aside from Mazes or the pop up bars. Even Six Flags has more shows for FF than HHN does, which is pretty embarrassing if you ask me. After standing in line for hours, people are looking for an excuse to sit down and still be entertained.

Reactions: chris.g
Did they raise the price? couldve sworn it was like 180 in 2019, a year with much more to do.
Honestly not sure what to do now, since i was gonna get it so i could go for the entirety of opening weekend, since thats the only time i can go at all, but considering the pass is barely cheaper than just buying regular tickets, not sure what I'm gonna do.

Wow $329 for 6 extra nights seems insane. Miss me with that.
If the line up for this year was even half decent, this would still be steep. For an event like this....NOT worth it, even if it included unlimited FoL.

Although if we had a good line-up, $329 of it included FoL, even for one time use per night, would be pretty tempting.

If the line up for this year was even half decent, this would still be steep. For an event like this....NOT worth it, even if it included unlimited FoL.

Although if we had a good line-up, $329 of it included FoL, even for one time use per night, would be pretty tempting.
FoL would be a game changer for that price and super tempting, considering the blacked out nights are Saturdays and Fridays mid October, peak HHN.

Reactions: HydraGen2299