Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering I really loved the masks from Forever Purge, I am fine with Purge taking over the tram.
I would prefer Hollywood Harry, a new IP, something original, or even Titans of Horror, but Purge isn't the worst idea this year around.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Is it unusual for them not to have FFP by now? It literally opens in less than a month. Feel like I've never had to wait this long before.

Is it unusual for them not to have FFP by now? It literally opens in less than a month. Feel like I've never had to wait this long before.
nah theyre cutting it pretty close, I feel like most years they release at the same time as tickets.
What im wondering is if itll just be the basic FFP, or whether theyll bring back the variations from 2019 like the ultimate, september, and thursday/sunday passes.

I feel like creative got more control over the scare zone than the rest of the event, which I think is why it sounds so cool. I bet Murdy went to bat to get it added.

This checks out 100%.. Silver Scream Queenz sounds like a Murdy idea that the rest of Hollywood's A&D wouldn't really know what to think of at first.. i.e. when he did Alice Cooper in 2011..

nah theyre cutting it pretty close, I feel like most years they release at the same time as tickets.
What im wondering is if itll just be the basic FFP, or whether theyll bring back the variations from 2019 like the ultimate, september, and thursday/sunday passes.
If I were to guess, they're probably still trying to figure out the complexities of how they can work with COVID at play.
For example, if the event had to shut down mid-season, how should they offer money back to people who never used it, or used it once, used it twice, versus someone who used it 10 times, or someone who literally went every single night. In addition, someone who bought it early like now, or someone who bought it mid-season, or someone who got it the last week. Probably a lot of politics and legalities involved.

If I were to guess, they're probably still trying to figure out the complexities of how they can work with COVID at play.
For example, if the event had to shut down mid-season, how should they offer money back to people who never used it, or used it once, used it twice, versus someone who used it 10 times, or someone who literally went every single night. In addition, someone who bought it early like now, or someone who bought it mid-season, or someone who got it the last week. Probably a lot of politics and legalities involved.
Wouldn't they follow similar rules of logic that the Orlando ticketing team have figured out for the terms of FFP? That seems something that can be looked at with the collaboration of their FFP teams; to ensure things go right as rain.

Wouldn't they follow similar rules of logic that the Orlando ticketing team have figured out for the terms of FFP? That seems something that can be looked at with the collaboration of their FFP teams; to ensure things go right as rain.
I don’t think Florida is as concerned about the possibility that the event is canceled mid-run as California is.

That said, I’ve heard the disclaimer on the back of the tickets is getting looked at.

Last edited:
Watched the panel online as I missed it in person on Saturday. Got caught up talking to some friends at Awaken the Sprits and lost track of time. Anywho, the soundtrack for Bride of Frankenstein Lives sounds great. That is probably my most anticipated next to Hill House.

It's sort of crazy that things like the theme for the Terror Tram aren't able to be released yet. The $300 front of the line tickets are available for purchase, but the entire event's information hasn't been released haha.

I'm reading the comments for what people think this is. It's pretty depressing that HHN Hollywood is setting up their fanbase for disappointment here.
I mean, you cant necessarily blame HHN for the joke going over the viewers heads. Still kinda a weird choice to make this joke this late in the game, when there have been plenty of more significant leaks months ago.

I know we may not like the sound of what we're hearing about this year... but I strongly strongly suggest going to the event at least one as it may have ripples in what the future will hold.
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm genuinely excited.
It might just be because I know for sure orlando is out of the question for me this year, but I'm really looking forward to the new stuff. Repeats are obviously annoying, and H4 is gonna stay at the bottom of my interest list unless they make some drastic changes, but considering I'll only be able to go opening weekend anyway, a lowered maze count is kinda appreciated. I'll hold off on saying what I hope comes next year till the speculation thread opens again, but really hoping they bring it their all next year after a good long break.

I know we may not like the sound of what we're hearing about this year... but I strongly strongly suggest going to the event at least one as it may have ripples in what the future will hold.

If management is really looking to the performance and profitability of *this year* to determine the future scope and scale of the event, they're more incompetent than I had figured.

If management is really looking to the performance and profitability of *this year* to determine the future scope and scale of the event, they're more incompetent than I had figured.
If this means what I think this means....if virtually every single haunt event around you is profitable and yours is not, might I suggest you need an overhaul of your team and vision for the event, rather than just throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Last edited:
If this means what I think this means....if virtually every single haunt event around you is profitable and yours is not, might I suggest you need an overhaul of your team and vision for the event, rather than just throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
I mean even with that, it would be weird to judge that based on this year, since it was heavily hinted that the repeats were out of the control of the primary design team.