Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand things are going to change, but it would take a major rewrite of this table in the next 6-ish months for HHN to occur in Hollywood
53F1DC17-E69F-4AFA-A196-D496361476EA.jpeg

I understand things are going to change, but it would take a major rewrite of this table in the next 6-ish months for HHN to occur in Hollywood
View attachment 14192
Isn’t HHN’s capacity already smaller than day time universal? It might work in their favor if capacity is used from day time universal. Anyone know HHN’s capacity from 2015 to 2019? I know it changed but any one know the exact numbers or estimates ?

View attachment 14192

Yeah, I am still not sure that it makes sense from an operations standpoint to run any other events this year. I think it's really important that these parks all focus on opening up and start to get back into the groove of training and getting the normal day to day things back up and running again. The way the tier system works here is muddy at best and I am sure all these places are aware that something could change again from the state level, prompting them to have to adjust to some new guideline. I think the safest bet is get the parks open this year and focus on 2022 for any seasonal/annual events.

Reactions: chris.g
It's fascinating to hear everyone's percent guesses if the event will happen... It's really all over the map, from 5% to 80%. Definitely no real consensus.

I feel that no matter what happens with HHN (and KSF, for that matter), this could be the year that indepenents really sneak in and find ways to hold their events. They have way more flexibility to shape an event any way they want to make it work, such as having haunts where only small groups at a time (or even one person, like Alone) are admitted, which really aren't practical for HHN or KSF. Unless all the mazes were made into upcharge experiences...? But personally, I can't see them doing that.

I'm admitttedly lower than @Chris Galindo. 0%.

They would need to recall the creative teams right now who were directly involved on the event; to figure out the changes and fixes that would need to be adjusted. Especially when you factor mazes in the back end of the park. I don't think Universal Hollywood's in any position to do that, however ambitious Comcast is right now. I see the priority for Hollywood creatively, lying on Super Nintendo World being finished for Early 2022, and to finish work on the new campus next to Jurassic World and the hillside.

I'm admitttedly lower than @Chris Galindo. 0%.

They would need to recall the creative teams right now who were directly involved on the event; to figure out the changes and fixes that would need to be adjusted. Especially when you factor mazes in the back end of the park. I don't think Universal Hollywood's in any position to do that, however ambitious Comcast is right now. I see the priority for Hollywood creatively, lying on Super Nintendo World being finished for Early 2022, and to finish work on the new campus next to Jurassic World and the hillside.

I would be 0%, but an event similar to Orlando's last year is definitely in the cards. Only problem is the rumor I heard is its more in lieu of a showcase than a haunted house.

The pandemic is still ongoing in spite of the mass COVID vaccinations and HHN won't likely be big prior to COVID. It's very likely that social distance and reduced capacity might be in place within the park. Things are not as normal as they used to be so I'm not surprised to see HHN being very small this year.

Reactions: RevFreako
The pandemic is still ongoing in spite of the mass COVID vaccinations and HHN won't likely be big prior to COVID. It's very likely that social distance and reduced capacity might be in place within the park. Things are not as normal as they used to be so I'm not surprised to see HHN being very small this year.

I would believe that, if HHN30 wasn't dated and given an announcement. COVID is seeming going to not be as much of a hinderence in the US by the time Summer ends. I would assume a 2006 level event, to where only Texas, the WW maze, and a Terror Tram would take up the lineup. It'd still be incredibly small; going to HHN2006 levels to where the only things then, was Asylum and House of Horrors, plus the Terror Tram and a few scarezones.

I would be 0%, but an event similar to Orlando's last year is definitely in the cards. Only problem is the rumor I heard is its more in lieu of a showcase than a haunted house.

I never really pay attention to what they're doing out there... what did they end up doing last year?

I never really pay attention to what they're doing out there... what did they end up doing last year?
They ended up doing a Halloween Scavenger Scarecrow Hunt during the day. And also had 2 mazes open being Universal Monsters The Bride of Frankenstein Lives! and Revenge of the Tooth Fairy. They also had a 3rd one open during the last weekend being Beetlejuice.

This mazes were open all day during the normal park hours I believe. The Mazes actors had to scare people behind plexiglass and each actor had a mask on (A physically worn mask or just a normal face mask on) as well. The event was referred to as HHN Lite by the HHN fans.

Okay, yeah, that I could see them doing. Which, if they did, amounts to a limited event, like others have been saying.

In light of this, I do think the probability of a hard ticketed event is pretty low. But something like this could be pretty likely. In a way, it'd sort of be a win-win for the park... they don't have to spend all the money to do a huge amount of mazes/staffing, but they'd still likely get an attendance bump just from people wanting a quick fix of "free" mazes.

With the announcement that anyone is eligible for a vaccination by May 1st (supply is another issue, but honestly that's looking better every day also), I feel like this is great news for Fall. I think this gives me 100% certainty of a HHN-lite, which I am perfectly happy with. 2006-2010 are most of the best years of HHN, and if anything, going back to our roots of low number of mazes may mean more quality like it used to be. With that said, I'd still prefer a hard ticketed event, even if it was just 2-3 mazes. Obviously the price should have a steep decline, but mazes during the day would bum me out. Tickets would sell out and give a huge boost of revenue for Universal that they probably desperately need right now, and you best believe they will do anything to try and recoup as much as they possibly can. I think we'll most likely get whatever was leftover from last year that's still on contract or their own IPs, since obviously time to seek any properties is kinda impossible at this point.

Oh and I'm finally back now for another year of speculation, hello all lol

Interesting (Murdy was referring to this quote when saying that HHN Hollywood will survive and come back).

Edit: Something new.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Horror Lover