What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

So... how about the event this year guys.
I’ve been off the internet as much as possible to avoid Wandavision spoilers but I now feel more confident about the event happening after the news that theme parks can reopen in red tier now I’m just keeping expectations very very tempered though and I feel like everyone else should too before we get our hearts broken again

I respect the realistic expectations but I’m gonna be optimistic until further notice. HHN 2021:ghost: *fingers crossed*

Hopefully there is an open opportunity to do an HHN Lite for Hollywood, whether it has to be two or three mazes, I mean it's reasonable and it would be alright to have something like that at least than just nothing this year for them to do, maybe have something along the lines they did with Throwback Thursday thing back in 2019.

If I had to gamble now, I'd predict a lighter event that is nearly all gauntlets and scare zones. Seems to be the easiest and most plausible option that is doable with the state guidelines that have been given.

It's unclear to me if the mazes that use a tent are considered "outdoors". If they are, then they could probably do a larger event if they wanted.

Of course, the big issues are, as some have already brought up: 1) Is it worth it for USH to do a haunt with such limitations on capacity, and, more importantly, 2) Can the performers and team members be given safe working conditions?

I'm hoping and anticipating a lighter event, but also won't be surprised if nothing happens at all. It really could go either way.

If I had to gamble now, I'd predict a lighter event that is nearly all gauntlets and scare zones. Seems to be the easiest and most plausible option that is doable with the state guidelines that have been given.

It's unclear to me if the mazes that use a tent are considered "outdoors". If they are, then they could probably do a larger event if they wanted.
This actually makes sense. You got the Upper Lot, Parisian, and the Lower Lot for Zones. I don't believe they would use the Backlot for HHN (If it happens this year) because it costs a lot of money and the mazes that are up could be the only ones for HHN this year.

Being that of Halloween 3 (Waterworld, TCM (Mummy), and TWD (If it's still up). You could have an HHN Lite esc event with those 3 mazes (If you count TWD) and 3 Zones and there you go.

Just for fun, how about we all put down a percentage on HHN happening this year?
I say 80%
Eeeeeeehhhhhh I say 40% and even I think that’s being generous.

I think it will either be diet daytime HHN or he’s working on next year. If by some Christmas miracle we do get HHN this year it’ll be a very scaled-down HHN like how it was in the late 00’s....just four houses.

Just for fun, how about we all put down a percentage on HHN happening this year?
I say 80%
I'm gonna go with a generous 60% if we're talking full separate HHN event, if everything keeps going at the rate its going now.
If they have to scale back to 4-5 mazes I could see them doing it as some kind of upcharge or something, since modern HHN crowds with a maze count of the late 2000s would probably be a nightmare, even if capacity was a fraction of what it normally is.