Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very mixed feelings if this is Halloween 1. Like, what went so absolutely wrong in the IPs they were chasing this year that they reverted back to a maze they've done twice already and an IP in general they've had 3 additional times for its sequels? Or is it just budget because they clearly have all the pieces from yesteryear? Especially when there's been 3 new movies in the IP in the last 4 years and there's even a remake series they haven't touched yet.

I'm usually not a stickler for repeats, but this is a pretty lame move, whether it's a last second move and especially if this is a long thought out move.

If this is something else, I'll be happy.

I have very mixed feelings if this is Halloween 1. Like, what went so absolutely wrong in the IPs they were chasing this year that they reverted back to a maze they've done twice already and an IP in general they've had 3 additional times for its sequels?

Unless, and it's just my theory, it didn't and you're right. This could very well be something else.

Sounds plausible. People speculated Mummy and even Dracula, but I didn't hear anything about Wolfman until I saw that logo for the maze itself.

Scream still has...a chance?

Wait...
What if the Halloween maze we think is Halloween is really...
Casey Becker's house? Stu's house? Any house from the films, I don't care, JUST GIVE IT TO MEEEEE!!!:freak:

Last edited:
Reactions: HydraGen2299
Sounds plausible. People speculated Mummy and even Dracula, but I didn't hear anything about Wolfman until I saw that logo for the maze itself.

Scream still has...a chance?

Wait...
What if the Halloween maze we think is Halloween is really...
Casey Becker's house? Stu's house? Any house from the films, I don't care, JUST GIVE IT TO MEEEEE!!!:freak:
Nope it’s Halloween.

1CE07792-DE74-43C1-8AB8-4C8B5E629D2A.jpeg

Reactions: MikePat
Just theorizing…

TCM was a big hit in Hollywood last year. Sure it was a upgraded repeat in many ways of the 2012 house, but so many people said it was a top contender for their favorite house. Maybe in ways bringing back the Halloween house from 2015 based on the original film is like this year’s TCM of last year.
The only reason 70s TCM was brought back in it's 2012 form is due to the Netflix TCM sequel that is a sequel to the original 70s film. It was a cheap budget-saving in-direct synergy tie-in for the Netflix sequel. It is a well known IP & character, so it worked for a throw-away post-pandemic filler event year.

Halloween in any form that is NOT 3, 5, 6, H20, Resurrection or the new trilogy would just be severely lazy & repetitive. Sure H4 was improved slightly last year, but it wasn't perfect (i worked the 2018 version).

The only reason 70s TCM was brought back in it's 2012 form is due to the Netflix TCM sequel that is a sequel to the original 70s film. It was a cheap budget-saving in-direct synergy tie-in for the Netflix sequel. It is a well known IP & character, so it worked for a throw-away post-pandemic filler event year.

Halloween in any form that is NOT 3, 5, 6, H20, Resurrection or the new trilogy would just be severely lazy & repetitive. Sure H4 was improved slightly last year, but it wasn't perfect (i worked the 2018 version).

TCM was gonna be coming back for 2020 and netflix didn’t even promote TCM at the event either. The trailer didn’t even drop til way after the event.

TCM was gonna be coming back for 2020 and netflix didn’t even promote TCM at the event either. The trailer didn’t even drop til way after the event.
The sequel had been through development hell & studio changes since 2017's Leatherface... originally planned for theatrical release was changed to Netflix (which they delayed until February of this year). Of course it wasn't promoted (Hill House had that dishonor), the maze was the original 1974 film not the new modern day sequel.

But again, the only reason TCM was on the tentative unlikely 2020 event line-up was because it was cheap, recognizable & this new sequel on the way. Easy hype to draw in the general public.

The point is, doing Halloween again would be stupid on Universal's part. Yes, Michael Myers sells, but after last year's event of 80% repeats it wouldn't reflect well for the event.

Still feel like I need to see the porch attached until I'll buy the second Curious George house as Halloween.

I'm willing to buy it, given what @HHNManics has added on, with stuff such as the abandoned myers house walls in the front half, and the Doyle House's window being present. Really hoping it's not, but feel like with the front facing walls no longer matching Cabrini Green, there isn't anything else that would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.