Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was holding out hope that it would still end up being an adaption of the show after all. Not a video game person at all, so this goes from being a highly anticipated house to something I’m hardly interested in.

I’m also very annoyed by this early access up-charge. Such a blatant cash grab. They should be trying to fix the overcrowding, not profit off it.

They’re kinda starting to lose me a little bit here, not gonna lie.

Was holding out hope that it would still end up being an adaption of the show after all. Not a video game person at all, so this goes from being a highly anticipated house to something I’m hardly interested in.

Sorry but this seems very uppity. You’ll excuse the show, with way less horror elements and because you recognize it - but not it’s source material, which does not deviate from its main narrative but provides a more fleshed out experience?

Sorry but this seems very uppity. You’ll excuse the show, with way less horror elements and because you recognize it - but not it’s source material, which does not deviate from its main narrative but provides a more fleshed out experience?
Huh? I’m just stating a preference. I don’t play video games; sure, I’ll have some frame of reference for the game adaptation, but certain major set pieces from the show (like stuff from the Melanie Lynskey episodes) — which are not just noteworthy among fans of the show (like me) but would also translate incredibly at HHN — will be absent.

So yeah, I’m disappointed about that. I don’t think it’s a particularly unfair opinion to have. Sorry if that makes me “uppity.”

Wow the price for D/N express went way up! I paid $239 last night and now it starts at $329. I presume it is because it includes Super Mario world access?

you're hardly interested because it's a horror maze based on the source material that the show was 90% shot for shot based on because it'd be missing a couple side plots with side characters that were more fleshed out but not in a horror way?
Again -- huh? Like I said, there are entire set pieces and sequences from the show that are not in the game (the introduction of the bloater; the pit of infected; the Ellie birth scene) that resonated with fans of the show, such as myself. I am disappointed that they won't be featured here, and the fact that they won't makes me considerably less interested in the maze.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. I'm not dumping on fans of the game, or anyone who is excited about this maze.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. I'm not dumping on fans of the game, or anyone who is excited about this maze.
I suppose it seems a little extreme to go from "highly anticipated" to "hardly interested in" because it will (maybe!) be missing a few set pieces that were unlikely to be in the maze to begin with. the show and game are extremely similar, so it's a bit pessimistic to just write it off.

Very disappointing they are charging for early entry. It being free was a way to manage guests not crowding the upper lot, slowly funnel people into the event, and knock out the lower lot mazes before they got slammed. How are they going to manage guests leaving the park, those entering for early, and especially manage those standing around for 7pm opening?

I suppose it seems a little extreme to go from "highly anticipated" to "hardly interested in" because it will (maybe!) be missing a few set pieces that were unlikely to be in the maze to begin with. the show and game are extremely similar, so it's a bit pessimistic to just write it off.
Ditto. While obviously theyre entitled to their opinion, no one’s even been in the final product yet. I was disappointed and turned off by Us coming to the event as I felt the movie was weak as hell and it was probably the best house of 2019.

Early access ticket? So now I gotta pay another $10 everytime I go just to be able to get a head start? Yuck.

Yeah. After all these years of having early entry baked into HHN for free, suddenly pulling the rug out is deeply disappointing. It’s not even surprising, but like, god forbid Universal just leave the one thing untouched. This is definitely gonna make me second guess going multiple times now.

And I know some people are gonna say “It’s only $10, who cares?” But that $10 turns to $20 turns to $50 depending on how many times, and it’s more the principle of it — like Fast Pass at Disney, it was free and it worked just fine for years. To charge now just sucks, because people will buy it, Universal — like Disney with Genie+ — will be rewarded, and it’ll continue to push new money-squeezing norms I personally hate. What a disappointment after the initial high of being excited TLOU is coming.

Sadly I called out when they did this for SNW that it would come to other rides and events....and here we are

Edit: While this sucks....only choice to use my free pass will be to add on the extra 1.5 hours. If the lines are basically walk on.....it sucks it costs but at least I'll get mazes in. With a normal ticket I only get 6-7 (this includes repeating mazes) this could add on more mazes without me having to stay until 1 Pm

It sucks to pay but if I can get on over 3 mazes before the event starts....it at least have some value

Edit: its 20 bucks....there are like a few 10 dollar days but your paying 20+ bucks most days.......fun

I guess I don’t get why it’s “extreme”? Calling it “extreme” feels extreme lol. It’s not like I’m calling for a boycott or something. I’ll do the maze and keep an open mind, but I loved the show, not the game. And I understand it’s similar to the game, but the show’s key departures — everything I’ve listed here — are unique. I guess we can speculate on whether or not they would have made it into a maze, but I think one of the benefits of adapting the show specifically would be the opportunity to include those things.

So, apologies (I guess?), but I stand by my opinion. This isn’t a highly anticipated maze for me. I would prefer the show.

Ditto. While obviously theyre entitled to their opinion, no one’s even been in the final product yet. I was disappointed and turned off by Us coming to the event as I felt the movie was weak as hell and it was probably the best house of 2019.
Conveniently enough, I was one of the few posters here who had high hopes and high expectations for Us, and was proven right. All of which to say, we all have our preferences. I’m not begrudging anyone who’s excited about this; there’s no need to begrudge me for being less than excited. I’ll go through the maze with an open mind and hopefully I’ll have a different opinion coming out. It’s definitely happened before.

Something about this being announced first makes me feel like Stranger Things isn’t happening. Maybe thats just wishful thinking though.

Something about this being announced first makes me feel like Stranger Things isn’t happening. Maybe thats just wishful thinking though.
Eh, I'm still hopeful about it. Just because it wasn't announced first doesn't mean it isn't happening I'm staying hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.