Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don’t get why it’s “extreme”? Calling it “extreme” feels extreme lol. It’s not like I’m calling for a boycott or something. I’ll do the maze and keep an open mind, but I loved the show, not the game. And I understand it’s similar to the game, but the show’s key departures — everything I’ve listed here — are unique. I guess we can speculate on whether or not they would have made it into a maze, but I think one of the benefits of adapting the show specifically would be the opportunity to include those things.

So, apologies (I guess?), but I stand by my opinion. This isn’t a highly anticipated maze for me. I would prefer the show.

Conveniently enough, I was one of the few posters here who had high hopes and high expectations for Us, and was proven right. All of which to say, we all have our preferences. I’m not begrudging anyone who’s excited about this; there’s no need to begrudge me for being less than excited. I’ll go through the maze with an open mind and hopefully I’ll have a different opinion coming out. It’s definitely happened before.
My guess is that had you not known it was based on the game going into it, you'd never be able to tell which one it was based on coming out of it. At its core the game and the show are so similar. You may be bummed that it doesn't have one or two of your favorite scenes from the show, but that's going to be true with any maze based on 10 hours of content.

I'm not a gamer at all, but I played this early in the year with the assumption that it would be coming to HHN. I was really impressed with how well the show represented the game - I think the intent will definitely be to recreate the scenes that were the most iconic and had the most commonality across both mediums. Just keep an open mind, you'll enjoy it.

Interesting little piece of info, Murdy confirmed Hudson Gate/former TWDA is planned for a IP.

Running Away Stranger Things GIF by NETFLIX

• Love
Reactions: StopMakingSense
Does Hollywood only have one stay and scream zone? Why can’t they charge for the Super Nintendo Land early access and then have a free holding section somewhere else?

Does Hollywood only have one stay and scream zone? Why can’t they charge for the Super Nintendo Land early access and then have a free holding section somewhere else?
if memory serves, there's not really a "holding area" inside the park. I haven't done early entry since covid, but as I recall, they would start letting in guests with horror nights tickets at 5:30 p.m. as day guests were departing. you got a wristband and they began the mix-in. if they're going to operate the same way with the new add-on, I suspect they just won't let you in the front gates before 7 p.m. unless you have the special ticket.

if memory serves, there's not really a "holding area" inside the park. I haven't done early entry since covid, but as I recall, they would start letting in guests with horror nights tickets at 5:30 p.m. as day guests were departing. you got a wristband and they began the mix-in. if they're going to operate the same way with the new add-on, I suspect they just won't let you in the front gates before 7 p.m. unless you have the special ticket.
That's really the only way I can see it happening unless they restrict wristband force everyone out.

Reactions: Jake S

Yeah, Hollywood has never really done a Stay and Scream zone... that's really just an Orlando thing (and I needed it explained to me when I visited Orlando, haha).

In Hollywood, HHN guests are/were given wristbands and mingle in with the daytime guests. The different colors would indicate which sort of ticket you had, and you'd show it to get entry to mazes and maze areas once the event opened... but in the meantime, you were allowed to wander the park and get food (though no attractions until the haunt began). As HHN approaches, the day guests get naturally squeezed out because they'll be denied access to all attractions without a wristband after 7pm.

Which, if they continue that, they'll now seem to need to have three separate colors: one for the "regular" HHN guest who can't get to mazes until 7pm, one for the day/night guests who can access SNW, and one for early entry. Which will really suck for the TMs, because the colors change daily, so they'll have to keep track each day as to what color is for what.

Just so it's clear, you can do Express, D/N, or RIP with Early Entry. But like everyone else, you have to pay the extra $10-25 for early entry. Like, you're paying that much already, and they still want a few extra bucks?!

This whole situation is unbelievable.

Just so it's clear, you can do Express, D/N, or RIP with Early Entry. But like everyone else, you have to pay the extra $10-25 for early entry. Like, you're paying that much already, and they still want a few extra bucks?!

This whole situation is unbelievable.
Universal is preparing to have to pay their workers that’s why. With wga and now sag potentially striking, the theme park might start to take priority in money making

(A new contract with the b192 union was supposed to be announced like 6 months ago, they haven’t reached an agreement)

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Status
Not open for further replies.