Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD! Keep ST away from the event. We already dealt with back to back TRASH
Aidy Bryant Thumbs Down GIF by Saturday Night Live

The "pay to play" early entry is extremely disappointing - and a decision that was likely made without consulting on-the-ground ops. We know how backed up those Lower Lot mazes can get when people try to queue up. What's going to happen when they need TMs to check/scan early entry tickets? Only way I can see that working -- at all -- is if they limit early entry to the Curious George lot so that there's a single in/out point... but that would require placing TMs/infrastructure in Potter during regular operations, which is not something I'm certain WB/JKR would allow.

EDIT: Actually, scratch the Curious George lot proposal. Too many day ops TMs exiting during that time + HHN folks, often in various stages of costuming, entering/making their way to upper lot locations. So we're back to Lower Lot chaos.

Furthermore, it occurs to me that by forcing guests to pay for the privilege of early access, they create a tacit obligation to ensure the early entry mazes are appropriately staffed. Previously, it was not uncommon for early entry mazes to have vacant spots as pool performers were cast/made up/dressed, especially as management tightened turnaround times between call time and when performers were expected to be on-set. I doubt they're going to give more leeway with call times, so... this could be a cluster of paying more for less.

The "pay to play" early entry is extremely disappointing - and a decision that was likely made without consulting on-the-ground ops. We know how backed up those Lower Lot mazes can get when people try to queue up. What's going to happen when they need TMs to check/scan early entry tickets? Only way I can see that working -- at all -- is if they limit early entry to the Curious George lot so that there's a single in/out point... but that would require placing TMs/infrastructure in Potter during regular operations, which is not something I'm certain WB/JKR would allow.
Well it is a long walk to that area, so they could have people Q'd on the street. I do agree, I would like to know more on the Ops on how all this will be working

1686855041565.png

Everyone has only praised the early entry to SNW.....I don't see how this will be different with bloggers and most fans seem to be willing to pay anything to go.....so while we can hope. I don't see how it will

Ops failures and general public backlash will be what prompts any sort of change at this point.

Reactions: chris.g
Ops failures and general public backlash will be what prompts any sort of change at this point.
Sure, but they aren't going to refund people so if you mean next year. It could change but I see these selling out and people will complain but unless they don't show up to the event then Universal wont care

I think this is just the start, I bet early entry is a thing for F&F as well plus any new lands coming our way.

Sure, but they aren't going to refund people so if you mean next year. It could change but I see these selling out and people will complain but unless they don't show up to the event then Universal wont care

I think this is just the start, I bet early entry is a thing for F&F as well plus any new lands coming our way.

We can be pessimistic about it or we can do what we can to voice our displeasure and see how this all plays out. I'd strongly recommend leaving feedback with guest services about how 1) you were dissatisfied with the upcharge when it used to be complimentary and 2) if you purchased it, that you felt the experience was subpar and not worth the money.

EDIT: Actually, scratch the Curious George lot proposal. Too many day ops TMs exiting during that time + HHN folks, often in various stages of costuming, entering/making their way to upper lot locations. So we're back to Lower Lot chaos.

Furthermore, it occurs to me that by forcing guests to pay for the privilege of early access, they create a tacit obligation to ensure the early entry mazes are appropriately staffed. Previously, it was not uncommon for early entry mazes to have vacant spots as pool performers were cast/made up/dressed, especially as management tightened turnaround times between call time and when performers were expected to be on-set. I doubt they're going to give more leeway with call times, so... this could be a cluster of paying more for less.

Also, one thing that's been getting annoying the past few years has been watching how you can get in for Early Entry, be one of the first people in line, waiting for an hour or more, and right when the maze opens, you get to watch Express people who weren't waiting get to stroll right in ahead of you, one after another after another. I've already been annoyed about it, especially with how bad it got last year (which I talked about) when it makes you wonder what the point of Early Entry even is anymore, BUT it's another factor to consider this year: Imagine paying to do Early Entry, only to watch as Express people still get preferential treatment.

I know it's never going to happen, but I've always thought that Express shouldn't be allowed to be active during Early Entry time considering how bad it's been getting. And after last year, being the first people in line for The Weeknd on not one but two of the event's September nights only to watch as Express just kept getting ushered through for 15-20+ minutes straight without letting anyone from the general line in, I think they really need to consider disallowing Express during Early Entry if they're going to force people to pay for EE. I can only imagine how my blood would boil knowing I spent $10/$20 just to have my time wasted.

(And then couple that with, like you said, understaffed mazes... Ugh. I've always been "fine" with understaffed mazes during Early Entry because I 100% get it, and I'll take the trade-off of being able to get into the mazes before hours and saving time when I'm getting in earlier than the event "for free," for lack of a better way to phrase it. But if we're expected to pay for it now, then it really would be beyond scummy to give a "lesser experience" to paying guests.)

Also, one thing that's been getting annoying the past few years has been watching how you can get in for Early Entry, be one of the first people in line, waiting for an hour or more, and right when the maze opens, you get to watch Express people who weren't waiting get to stroll right in ahead of you, one after another after another. I've already been annoyed about it, especially with how bad it got last year (which I talked about) when it makes you wonder what the point of Early Entry even is anymore, BUT it's another factor to consider this year: Imagine paying to do Early Entry, only to watch as Express people still get preferential treatment.

I know it's never going to happen, but I've always thought that Express shouldn't be allowed to be active during Early Entry time considering how bad it's been getting. And after last year, being the first people in line for The Weeknd on not one but two of the event's September nights only to watch as Express just kept getting ushered through for 15-20+ minutes straight without letting anyone from the general line in, I think they really need to consider disallowing Express during Early Entry if they're going to force people to pay for EE. I can only imagine how my blood would boil knowing I spent $10/$20 just to have my time wasted.

(And then couple that with, like you said, understaffed mazes... Ugh. I've always been "fine" with understaffed mazes during Early Entry because I 100% get it, and I'll take the trade-off of being able to get into the mazes before hours and saving time when I'm getting in earlier than the event "for free," for lack of a better way to phrase it. But if we're expected to pay for it now, then it really would be beyond scummy to give a "lesser experience" to paying guests.)

Perfectly said on all counts. I didn't even think about the Express nonsense, that's been happening since 2020 arguably.

I'm confused about what the changes are here. If there's a 7pm opening time, they would previously let people who had event tickets into the park at 5:30 at no extra charge?

I'm looking at Express tickets and they say they work at 7 PM

Could be wrong but think early entry will just have a normal line for everyone and at 7 PM thats when the event starts and expresses can be used....but yeah if you can use express in early entry thats going to suckkkkkkkk

I'm confused about what the changes are here. If there's a 7pm opening time, they would previously let people who had event tickets into the park at 5:30 at no extra charge?
Last yeah they were letting people in early which allowed you to line up at mazes that opened at 6 PM. This year even if you have say a AP and are in the park, you will not be allowed into mazes until 7 PM without this extra ticket

Yes! Last year, these idiots made you wait till 6 when everyone was already on level 2 in the express line. You used to be able to hit level 2 by 5:15 at the earliest. That’s why some fans are pissed off. They pushed back early entry for no logical reason. It’s stupid af.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Status
Not open for further replies.