Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's remarkable that even though we lost Special Effects Stage, we could still gain on the show count this year to help crowds. I enjoy how innovative and creative they are getting overall with the seemingly more and more extra elements they add to the event in recent years (Death Eaters, Universal Plaza Food and Drink Festival area, etc.).

Well DreamWorks was always meant to be a flex-space attraction, but unfortunately they have yet to flex a new ride film.

Scared Shrekless would be great. The Monsters vs Aliens Halloween short is also good.

Maybe they'll just do a horror movie montage with in theatre effects

Couple of 3D clips I'd love to see of classic Universal horror movies:
Creature from the Black Lagoon (filmed in 3D, no brainer)
Psycho (shower scene why not)
John Carpenter's The Thing (even with post conversion, this could be pretty cool depending on the clip)
American Werewolf in London (transformation scene)
Jaws 3D (for fun)
Get Out (sunken place scene)
Renfield (maybe an insane bloody fight scene)
Can't do this without more Blumhouse, so maybe something from Halloween 2018 or The Purge: Anarchy/Election Year or M3GAN.

My main thing with EDR is that while some rooms will probably be directly one-to-one (the bathroom, kitchen and first bedroom), some other rooms were clearly hastily redone (the "bedroom" with three beds that's clearly the living room from the movie) and there were scenes from the movie missing (teenage boy's room with speakers) so some scenic refresh + Halloween style scare redos could keep it feeling a little fresher.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
My main thing with EDR is that while some rooms will probably be directly one-to-one (the bathroom, kitchen and first bedroom), some other rooms were clearly hastily redone (the "bedroom" with three beds that's clearly the living room from the movie) and there were scenes from the movie missing (teenage boy's room with speakers) so some scenic refresh + Halloween style scare redos could keep it feeling a little fresher.
The finale should also be markedly improved with that many headed Deadite boss from the end of the movie.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
While I also was a huge fan of UHH, it consistently had the lowest wait times every night, was probably the most skipped maze, had no brand awareness with a very generic sounding name, had mostly mixed to poor reviews, and thus is the lowest draw possible -- which imo, even if I was running the event, I wouldn't even consider bringing it back.
I still think UHH was the best case scenario. As much as I liked Evil Dead Rise i don’t think there’s really anything to exciting they can do to not make essentially reused sets from last year exciting to me. My biggest critique of Horror Hotel is it kinda just ends? That’ll probably be fixed now but i dunno it’s definitely the one I’m least excited about. EDR also doesn’t really lend itself to merch. Maybe we can get like book of the dead stuff? That’s all I can think of

Reactions: TableYe and Freak
Whats great is the Dream Works theater should be able to run during the day, I'll be happy with ANYTHING there

I hope it's something that draws crowds and maybe opens the door to SlaughterWorld or another show a WW stage as well in future years

Whats great is the Dream Works theater should be able to run during the day, I'll be happy with ANYTHING there

I hope it's something that draws crowds and maybe opens the door to SlaughterWorld or another show a WW stage as well in future years

I'd say to look at ***two*** shows for HHN this year.

DreamWorks Theater and WaterWorld Venue for two separate shows.
I'm hearing a rumor of a show in the Dreamworks theater for HHN.

Anyone know how many seats in there? Seems like a small venue for a show that would run - maybe - six or seven times a night.

For the willing of asking, how would the normal capacity of Shrek 4D of been when that was operating as a 12 minute show? 6 Minutes for Preshow, 6 minutes for the show itself.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I'd say to look at ***two*** shows for HHN this year.

DreamWorks Theater and WaterWorld Venue for two separate shows.

For the willing of asking, how would the normal capacity of Shrek 4D of been when that was operating as a 12 minute show? 6 Minutes for Preshow, 6 minutes for the show itself.
You think we will have two shows? That would be great

Does anyone have an idea where the Exorcist is going?
Curious George Tents- Chucky/Universal Monsters
Parisian Courtyard- Original house
Walking Dead- Evil Dead Rise
Mummy Queue- Last of Us
Soundstage- Stranger Things
Tent behind Soundstage- Holidayz in Hell
Moving this here, but noticed a video a few days ago having a tour guide talk about a film production going on in SS19, explicitedly for the purposes of HHN. Would have to think there.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
Moving this here, but noticed a video a few days ago having a tour guide talk about a film production going on in SS19, explicitedly for the purposes of HHN. Would have to think there.
Tbh the tour guides do be knowing things because that’s how I find out they were doing Jurassic park sequels

Confused about this. A film production for HHN would seem to indicate they were shooting promo material or video content specially for the HHN event, wouldn’t it? Murdy did tweet that the team was preparing to do a marathon shoot of HHN content. Maybe they were just using the soundstage? Seems weird to refer to an HHN maze as a “film production.”

Also, where are we event at with Exorcist spec, in general? Leaning towards round three of the original or the requel? What’s the strength of the rumor, in general?

Reactions: Clive
Confused about this. A film production for HHN would seem to indicate they were shooting promo material or video content specially for the HHN event, wouldn’t it? Murdy did tweet that the team was preparing to do a marathon shoot of HHN content. Maybe they were just using the soundstage? Seems weird to refer to an HHN maze as a “film production.”

Also, where are we event at with Exorcist spec, in general? Leaning towards round three of the original or the requel? What’s the strength of the rumor, in general?
I would expect round 3 of the original/a total repeat. Expect the worst.

Reactions: highdefrex

I can confirm they completed some shooting for HHN content very recently, so this lines up.

Not sure where Exorcist is going. I’ve been trying to find out to no avail.

New Spec Maps from HNN
2023HWv3.png
RE: Evil Dead Rise... honestly hope this isn't true lol. I rather get Evil Dead (2013) again since I never got to experience that house and it looked seriously amazing... so hopefully this is a red herring for another Evil Dead movie :weary_face:

I'm not gonna lie -- I'm happy there's no maze in the Waterworld queue this year. I don't know what it is about waiting in that line specifically, but it feels more interminable than any other location when you're standing in it, especially in that endless stretch behind the bleachers. In all the years there's been a maze there, I swear I've seen more people give up and get out of line because they've lost all hope than any other, even when the wait is only half as long as others in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.