Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean at least EDR deconfirmed the myth that Warner bros IP would never be at HHN ever again or whatever. Also since the map is still just the owl on the Parisian spot I guess it’s safe to say I was wrong about that location being a compilation house. I’ll take the L on that one. Could exorcist perhaps be an IP original? Or maybe a compilation? Similar to what’s been done with TCM in the past?

I thought last year’s line up sounded meh, but it ended up being one of my favorite years. I’m pretty meh about this line up considering all of the repeats, but I may enjoy this year as well!

Kinda disappointed two repeats are starting to become the norm. I’d be okay with one repeat, but two (More like two and a half) is really annoying.

Exorcist? Ugh. I would rather have Insidious back.
I really wish we could do away with Tram... 2019 was my favorite year because of the huge line up.

Last edited:
Reactions: themeparkhaunter
Someone correct me if in wrong

But isn’t the reason we can’t get a big event like 2019 is because the New York sets are too busy filming?

I think the tram isn’t it the issue it’s that USH is a studio first

But isn’t the reason we can’t get a big event like 2019 is because the New York sets are too busy filming?

Not really an issue, we already have 8 house locations this year without using the backlot. If they got rid of Terror Tram again we could use the tram load station as a house venue like they did with Us and Pandora's Box.

Reactions: themeparkhaunter

If you mean the reason the event isn’t held in that section of the backlot, you’re right. Filming in that area has seen a large uptick in recent years and HHN got booted back to the park’s property, essentially.

Reactions: Clive
It's why I unironically actually prefer UHH compared to Rise.

Horror Hotel had to make use of the environments that had existed before, but in the process and the simplicity of the contents, it allowed them to flourish with probably one of the most scenically fleshed out houses HHN has had in a while. With an engaging premise (even if the execution was hindered).

It's why I actually wouldn't of minded a round 2 of Horror Hotel compared to Rise. I would actually like to see them evolve the house that was there further, to give more complexity to the horrors that the owner had committed alongside his cult.
While I also was a huge fan of UHH, it consistently had the lowest wait times every night, was probably the most skipped maze, had no brand awareness with a very generic sounding name, had mostly mixed to poor reviews, and thus is the lowest draw possible -- which imo, even if I was running the event, I wouldn't even consider bringing it back.

I saw Insidious: The Last Door earlier, and while I was disappointed with a lot about it, I will still say that I'd do anything to have Insidious back over The Exorcist for a third time. Nothing in TLD really screamed to me "Make this part of a maze!" like any of the first four films, but there's still a lot of imagery and material to work with in that property overall to do something really unique again at the event. Hell, I'm lowkey bummed they're not even tackling Saw this year with X on the way (and I say that as a big Saw fan) -- with Chucky confirmed and M3gan pretty much a given, having Billy as a third "doll" would've been a solid theme for marketing.

While I also was a huge fan of UHH, it consistently had the lowest wait times every night, was probably the most skipped maze, had no brand awareness with a very generic sounding name, had mostly mixed to poor reviews, and thus is the lowest draw possible -- which imo, even if I was running the event, I wouldn't even consider bringing it back.

And I get that--but it kind of drives the point.

I'd rather have something other than EDR, as I genuinely saw nothing in that film that felt it to be good for HHN. Brand image or not (Especially as you'd be only flying with that of the Necronomicon, which in that of itself has changed it's appearance again); to me I do not see it as a Evil Dead film.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Just saw the new INSIDIOUS movie & the jump scares were predictably effective. My brain was also trying to map out a house layout.

Honestly, I'm surprised we're not getting Insidious this year. I'd almost rather have it a 4th(?) time instead of a lazy repeat.

....also can we get a FNAF pizza booth this year? lol

Reactions: chris.g
Just saw the new INSIDIOUS movie & the jump scares were predictably effective. My brain was also trying to map out a house layout.

Honestly, I'm surprised we're not getting Insidious this year. I'd almost rather have it a 4th(?) time instead of a lazy repeat.

....also can we get a FNAF pizza booth this year? lol
I'm down for more pizza at the park.

Reactions: Wesker69
New Spec Maps from HNN
2023HWv3.png
Well I went ahead and cancelled out my trip out here, if I’m coming out for HHN I’d like it to be a year with fewer shared houses. Maybe next year! See y’all in Orlando I guess

Well I went ahead and cancelled out my trip out here, if I’m coming out for HHN I’d like it to be a year with fewer shared houses. Maybe next year! See y’all in Orlando I guess
Fewer shared houses will never be a thing when it comes to corporate & money...

also keep in mind that execution of each "shared" house is drastically different from each other at both events due to different creative teams. It's not like duplicating a ride for day-ops.

Fewer shared houses will never be a thing when it comes to corporate & money...

also keep in mind that execution of each "shared" house is drastically different from each other at both events due to different creative teams. It's not like duplicating a ride for day-ops.
Fair enoughh! The math just didn’t work out this year for me, I could do both coasts or I could do Orlando + both UTH tours and rent DVC points to upgrade my hotel to the Polynesian for WDW marathon weekend. I figured with all of the shared houses this year it would be money better spent to upgrade my other experiences instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I get that--but it kind of drives the point.

I'd rather have something other than EDR, as I genuinely saw nothing in that film that felt it to be good for HHN. Brand image or not (Especially as you'd be only flying with that of the Necronomicon, which in that of itself has changed it's appearance again); to me I do not see it as a Evil Dead film.
I agree with this. EDR was decent as a movie, but I didn't see enough content to make it a compelling maze. Couple that with the fact that we basically had EDR-lite last year in the form of UHH and I have close to zero anticipation or excitement for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.