Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next big Universal releases are Oppenheimer and Strays. I'd count on one of those films to have the Exorcist trailer attached. Probably Oppen, that way theaters can also possibly be attached to Barbie, if they choose (and if it's released online a day or two before first). That's the hugest audience possible for a tentpole horror film to start buzz.

I can't help but remember 2017, where we knew with some certainty we were getting an Insidious sequel to tie into The Last Key, which was then scheduled for a fall release coinciding with the run of the event. The trouble was... there was no marketing out. At all. No trailer. I don't think we even had a poster or a blurb describing the plot.

The event got closer. And closer. Still no announcement. Then scare academy happened, toward the end of August. Still no marketing, still no announcement. At that Scare Academy, they played a thrown together clip hinting at the movie with almost no new footage. They acknowledged the existence of the maze but didn't really say anything else.

That's because, behind the scenes, the film was being majorly reworked. A significant portion of The Last Key we ultimately saw in theaters barely resembles the one that was scripted and originally shot. The movie would ultimately be delayed until January, with a very late announcement for the HHN maze being tossed in. (Originally, the key art was ambiguous as possible. It was edited to reveal Key Face after the trailer dropped a few days later.)

Anyway. Just bringing this up for no particular reason.

I can't help but remember 2017, where we knew with some certainty we were getting an Insidious sequel to tie into The Last Key, which was then scheduled for a fall release coinciding with the run of the event. The trouble was... there was no marketing out. At all. No trailer. I don't think we even had a poster or a blurb describing the plot.

The event got closer. And closer. Still no announcement. Then scare academy happened, toward the end of August. Still no marketing, still no announcement. At that Scare Academy, they played a thrown together clip hinting at the movie with almost no new footage. They acknowledged the existence of the maze but didn't really say anything else.

That's because, behind the scenes, the film was being majorly reworked. A significant portion of The Last Key we ultimately saw in theaters barely resembles the one that was scripted and originally shot. The movie would ultimately be delayed until January, with a very late announcement for the HHN maze being tossed in. (Originally, the key art was ambiguous as possible. It was edited to reveal Key Face after the trailer dropped a few days later.)

Anyway. Just bringing this up for no particular reason.

Oh sweet baby Jesus that was six years ago where did the time go what happened to life

Reactions: Freak and Clive
Hmmmm....

VLTXlDc.gif

Might be a stupid question, but since I avoid Twitter: What were some of Murdy's Twitter clues last year? Does he really provide very much valuable info that way?

Reactions: Rideguy70
you know if The Exorcist is getting retooled, let's have Exorcist 3 while we can. Screw The Exorcist: Believer sticking to just the first one for timeline purposes, let's have Brad Dourif for two houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.