Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The event officially has 8 houses. We have seen construction on 6 of them: SS15, tent behind it, tent behind Mummy, Parisian Courtyard, and 2 tents in "H lot" (what Murdy called Curious George). Notably we have not seen any evidence of a house in Waterworld queue. So where's the other 2? Former Walking Dead building is an obvious candidate, and I think Murdy even confirmed. #8 is the mystery. If there's only one house allowed per soundstage, then the SS 24 rumor is looking very likely
I’m thinking SS24 is the mystery location also murdy already confirmed there’s an IP house in the old walking dead venue and that it’s “Almost done”

Evil Dead Rise seems like a no-brainer from a practical perspective in the old WD location, we (or at least I) can only hope.

No idea what that Parisian Courtyard one is, but the façade looks awesome though.

Reactions: Clive
Evil Dead Rise seems like a no-brainer from a practical perspective in the old WD location, we (or at least I) can only hope.

No idea what that Parisian Courtyard one is, but the façade looks awesome though.
It makes a lot of sense to me for two reasons:
  1. Evil Dead Rise was suppose to be a house last year before they turned it into the hotel so they probably can reuse a lot of elements to cut down on costs.
  2. Evil Dead Rise was a huge commercial success. $146 million on a $19 dollar budget.

Last edited:
Just imagine, we've had the remake, the TV show, a repurposed remake-sequel, and now the actual remake-sequel. 4 Evil Dead mazes, and are any of them based on the originals like we've been wanting? Nope.

Reactions: GrimmFan and Freak
I commend HHN for creating ED Mazes not based on the original. I wish they would do that for Halloween, TCM, and Exorcist since the sequel is coming.

Btw, my prediction for the next house is UM. What y’all think?

^Lol I thought you were saying Murdy has been hinting EDR for Parisian, my bad, that facade would be a stretch to be Evil Dead. What do you think he has been hinting there, all I've been hearing is another Mexican folklore theme?

That Parisian facade looks the bomb, if the maze is as good as the entry it will be awesome.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
^Lol I thought you were saying Murdy has been hinting EDR for Parisian, my bad, that facade would be a stretch to be Evil Dead. What do you think he has been hinting there, all I've been hearing is another Mexican folklore theme?

That Parisian facade looks the bomb, if the maze is as good as the entry it will be awesome.
No problem lol. I was referring to these replies from Murdy.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Anyone else hearing possible entertainment option in Dreamworks? Have heard enough buzz to comfortably post that this has some standing - just not sure what it actually is.
I haven't heard about this? So we actually could have two shows this year!?

That would literally be the first time since 2009 we will have two shows at the event. The last time we had two shows for HHN was the first year I've ever gone!

Anyone else hearing possible entertainment option in Dreamworks? Have heard enough buzz to comfortably post that this has some standing - just not sure what it actually is.

Haven't heard a single thing about this but it'd be great for capacity if they can pull it off. One wrinkle to keep in mind is they don't have access to the Dreamworks extended queue - that's used as an Upper Lot scare base during the event now.

I've always wondered why they haven't used it... it's a huge theater venue just sitting there unused for HHN.

I know it's a pipe dream and will never happen, but I still argue the best use of the venue for HHN would be to show key excerpts from the 1959 movie The Tingler, and have seat effects as William Castle would have intended. That'd be amazing, and basically the only place that could get away with it (both in terms of atmosphere and physical effects).

• Love
Reactions: Tyr12
Just because it's a big space doesn't mean it's suited for live performance. There's no backstage, no rigs for proper stage lighting, etc. I'm not plugged into any kind of rumor but I personally have a hard believing there will be a live performance in the Dreamworks Theater. Something else, maybe, but not a live show.

Status
Not open for further replies.