Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Spec Maps from HNN
2023HWv3.png
Guess I’m going to Orlando LOL. Jokes aside it’s fine. I’m a bit concerned that Exorcist went from Believer to Just the exorcist but it’s fine. I’m sure this year will be good. I’m excited still

Guess I’m going to Orlando LOL. Jokes aside it’s fine. I’m a bit concerned that Exorcist went from Believer to Just the exorcist but it’s fine. I’m sure this year will be good. I’m excited still
Only IP I don’t like is ST4. Other than that, I’m fine with this being the lineup. I think Exorcist will be the sequel. EDR will be my fav maze.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I thought last year’s line up sounded meh, but it ended up being one of my favorite years. I’m pretty meh about this line up considering all of the repeats, but I may enjoy this year as well!

Kinda disappointed two repeats are starting to become the norm. I’d be okay with one repeat, but two (More like two and a half) is really annoying.

Exorcist? Ugh. I would rather have Insidious back.

Y’all really about to get Exorcist again?
So is Orlando... if you checked the map.

Loved EDR, but "meh". Exorcist only worked in 2016, so "meh". TLOU might be good, but I know nothing about it. Holidayz, just whhhhyyy!? Recycle a different SZ from the past as a house (Exterminatorz, Spirits & Demons or even Freakz). At least Stranger Things is "new", but the first 2 were "meh".

I'm not hyped yet. It's like I'd hit all the houses, then just stay at Monsters/Chucky all night.

I would think having a second crack at a maze, getting feedback on what worked, what didn't, and potentially having some new effects tested on other mazes you can move over here, would mean the maze would improve. That wasn't the case with KKFOS last year, or Exorcist in 21. But I'm just gonna hope that holds true this year

Could've given us "Toxxxxic Tunnel" as a house. Made it UV lit. Add a Figur3 score.

Repeats made sense post-apocalypse in 2021. La Llorona at least had a 10 year gap. Klowns/Halloween were lazy (at least do KKFOS this year for the anniversary). Throw Holidayz on the tram to give it a different vibe instead.

I'm always tired of hearing Knott's being the "bigger, better" event. And how Universal isn't scary. Etc etc... I feel the "repeat fatigue/frustration" for Universal is valid. I just wish it could escape the 2017 Black Walls of Doom reputation.

Should've just brought back Scarecrow

personally I just genuinely don't think EDR is all that's cracked up to be. Would love to see it proven wrong when the full vision is present, but when I watched the film recently; it feels..devoided of what makes for good HHN content. Unlike ED2013.

I think for the most part I am just interested in how Stranger Things and TLOU are sharing the spotlight. They feel like powerful IP that could easily bend the park (but not break it like Weeknd did), with some genuine potential to be had with their respective season and game material's.

The "Dead by Dawn" hallway scene is the only "scary" part that gave me HHN vibes..

I saw the movie twice, but nothing else really sticks out to me. Not even the underground bank vault filled with religious protection. I enjoyed the movie, but not for HHN.

It's why I unironically actually prefer UHH compared to Rise.

Horror Hotel had to make use of the environments that had existed before, but in the process and the simplicity of the contents, it allowed them to flourish with probably one of the most scenically fleshed out houses HHN has had in a while. With an engaging premise (even if the execution was hindered).

It's why I actually wouldn't of minded a round 2 of Horror Hotel compared to Rise. I would actually like to see them evolve the house that was there further, to give more complexity to the horrors that the owner had committed alongside his cult.

Reactions: TableYe
I never knew about fans’ complaints about black walls until I joined the community. I don’t complain about repeats like a lot of fans on here do. With that said, Knott’s was better last year and there’s nothing wrong with that. HHN just needs to focus on the fear factor and use the appropriate IPs/originals to accomplish that task. Having The Weeknd house brings tons of money but lacks the fear factor that is missing at times when going to HHN. Insidious 5 as a house would be much better than ST4. They could’ve brought back SAW as in SAW X and I would be ecstatic. EDR is gonna be really good I’m telling y’all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.