Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to derail the Scream discussion - I would love a Scream house - how confident are folks that the pig icon on the spec map is TCM? That is the prediction, but do you think we're talking virtually certain, more likely than not, etc.? I know there has been discussion about why Saw is unlikely due to its appearance at Six Flags (though for the sake of argument, the industrial/meat factory look that appears to be coming up at the T-Pad would work well for Saw as well). Could it be anything else? I ask because I am actually a very big fan of TCM, and would welcome its return. Back in Business is an all timer IMO, and I think it is an IP that translates very effectively to HHN. I know excited for TCM is the minority opinion because it has been done recently/a lot, but there it is. I don't want to get TOO excited about TCM being in Hollywood and then get disappointed it winds up being something else...

Reactions: saint.piss
Not to derail the Scream discussion - I would love a Scream house - how confident are folks that the pig icon on the spec map is TCM? That is the prediction, but do you think we're talking virtually certain, more likely than not, etc.? I know there has been discussion about why Saw is unlikely due to its appearance at Six Flags (though for the sake of argument, the industrial/meat factory look that appears to be coming up at the T-Pad would work well for Saw as well). Could it be anything else? I ask because I am actually a very big fan of TCM, and would welcome its return. Back in Business is an all timer IMO, and I think it is an IP that translates very effectively to HHN. I know excited for TCM is the minority opinion because it has been done recently/a lot, but there it is. I don't want to get TOO excited about TCM being in Hollywood and then get disappointed it winds up being something else...
It’s okay to have certain IPs repeat because they are a Halloween tradition… TCM is definitely one of those IPs for me.

It’s okay to have certain IPs repeat because they are a Halloween tradition… TCM is definitely one of those IPs for me.

I just want Jason to return again. I know Hollywood has had him a bunch of times, but it's been a while. I miss Jason being part of hhn. but Leatherface is awesome too. the only one I never liked as much as Freddy
Leatherface fits the most with hhn. his chainsaw, his messed up mask. his messed up house of skin and bones. Leatherface is the perfect hhn character more than the others

I just want Jason to return again. I know Hollywood has had him a bunch of times, but it's been a while. I miss Jason being part of hhn. but Leatherface is awesome too. the only one I never liked as much as Freddy
Leatherface fits the most with hhn. his chainsaw, his messed up mask. his messed up house of skin and bones. Leatherface is the perfect hhn character more than the others
I would like Freddy, Jason, AND Leatherface, but my horror taste home base is still admittedly the '70s and '80s, so all of them are very nostalgic for me. I totally agree about Leatherface, and I think a Texas house is a good tonal difference from things like Ghostbusters, A Quiet Place, even Insidious that are a bit less gnarly. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: TableYe
On another spec topic, I see on the Horror Night Nightmares spec map for Hollywood that we are anticipated to get a Blumhouse Terror Tram. Any guesses/speculation about what properties will be featured? Black Phone and Freaky seem like obvious options given the ease of doing the Grabber and the Butcher (plus the prior maze with the two of those properties), and maybe Happy Death Day for the same reason. M3GAN another obvious option.

For the potential TCM house I am hoping it is based off the recent Netflix movie instead of the original since we just had that house a couple years ago. It had some scenes like the cornfield and the influencer party bus that would make some cool sets. They are also working on a follow up to that movie, so it would make sense to highlight it.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
For the potential TCM house I am hoping it is based off the recent Netflix movie instead of the original since we just had that house a couple years ago. It had some scenes like the cornfield and the influencer party bus that would make some cool sets. They are also working on a follow up to that movie, so it would make sense to highlight it.
when I saw that Netflix movie I literally said " HHN HOUSE". everything about that movie fits with hhn, the sets and stuff. it's like tailor made for hhn. so many scenes looked perfect for hhn.
but then I saw the reviews and almost everyone hates it lol. most people didn't really like it from what I saw lol. most reviews on YouTube were kind of negative. so I don't know how well that would be received

when I saw that Netflix movie I literally said " HHN HOUSE". everything about that movie fits with hhn, the sets and stuff. it's like tailor made for hhn. so many scenes looked perfect for hhn.
but then I saw the reviews and almost everyone hates it lol. most people didn't really like it from what I saw lol. most reviews on YouTube were kind of negative. so I don't know how well that would be received

Yeah that is a good point. Even though I think it had good results for Netflix views (was on their top 10 for a long while), it had TERRIBLE reviews so they might be hesitant from highlighting it. TCM always makes a fun house but I would prefer if they picked a different movie from the series each time, though most of them have low reviews so I imagine that is why they stick with the moneymaker OG.

Yeah that is a good point. Even though I think it had good results for Netflix views (was on their top 10 for a long while), it had TERRIBLE reviews so they might be hesitant from highlighting it. TCM always makes a fun house but I would prefer if they picked a different movie from the series each time, though most of them have low reviews so I imagine that is why they stick with the moneymaker OG.

of the entire franchise, I think that only the first one, maybe the second and and the 2000s remake had positive opinions and reviews. 3 and 4 were not received well, kinda forgotten ( part 4 is actually an embarrassment for the actors) then the prequel to the remake was kind of forgotten, then Texas 3d was not well received, it was kinda hated, then the other prequel Leatherface was even more ignored, no one watched it. then the Netflix one got trashed.

It really doesn't matter which version of TCM it is or how well it was received/reviewed. Murdy gave us an original sequel in 2016, so theres that. In the end, it's just a skin-wearing redneck with a chainsaw on a farm. That's all that anyone going to HHN will care about, even though this is- The 7th time for Leatherface to appear (since 2007)!

It's going to be very interesting to see how they can make this dead cannbalized horse a fresh offering outside of a new facade.

If they insist on using TCM, just give us "Leatherface: Escape From San Antonio" or "The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Meet Leatherface"

Last edited:
I think the most interesting out of the responses that comes from the source of this; is oddly this one.

For those curious: Patrick Doody was one of the main writers of Konami's Silent Hill: Homecoming, and I believe has been rumored to of been the writer of the upcoming Return to Silent Hill movie. Might be kind of funny if the way SH comes back is by flirting between Murdy and those who work at or with Konami.

now kiss...

Go eat, Alex, you're hungry
We’re getting a Five Guys house in SS12? What will the scare actors be, the menu prices? Imagine the scents they could use though…

z5c1hQRcoYn9m.webp

I’ll just make some myself, post pics later xD.

In all seriousness, hell of a get if we are obtaining SS12.

I’ll just make some myself, post pics later xD.
The food thread is waiting lol

In all seriousness, hell of a get if we are obtaining SS12.
I personally don't see it happening due to the obvious logistics of "how" guests are supposed to get to it.. there isn't the easy access point we once had for the Jurassic queue. So we'd have to trek all the way around Nintendo ....its possible due to the other Lower Lot houses, but not convenient.