Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m gonna laugh if everyone’s down on this year before a single announcement has even been made yet only for the event to come and go and everyone’s like, “That was one of the BEST years ever!”
That is valid information I honestly don't mind the lineup since I never seen any of these mazes. However I do think it's good to include both an nice assortment of repeats and new IPS so that everyone has something to see even if they've seen some mazes before. I do think that this speculation map is not the final one and is not accurate since HHN is stopping rumors from getting out. We don't know what the rest of the lineup is but if we get to keep the Weeknd and Ghostbusters on the lineup then it will be a good year! I don't mind if the rest of the lineup changes since most people don't want TCM or even insidious to return to HHN for some reason. I can understand them not wanting TCM but Insidious mazes are good so I don't exactly understand why some people want it erased from this year's lineup. I'm sure this year will be worth it for everyone and will hopefully be a good year.

No. Hollywood has had many IP exclusives out of their 20+ years that Orlando never got.

You make it sound like we didn't just have The Weeknd at the event.
We can never have too much The Weeknd at HHN If he was a IP that would regularly return to HHN when he launches a new album I don't think most of us would mind. Also this is "Dawn FM" some scenes from the music videos would make a really great maze not to mention the music!

That is valid information I honestly don't mind the lineup since I never seen any of these mazes. However I do think it's good to include both an nice assortment of repeats and new IPS so that everyone has something to see even if they've seen some mazes before. I do think that this speculation map is not the final one and is not accurate since HHN is stopping rumors from getting out. We don't know what the rest of the lineup is but if we get to keep the Weeknd and Ghostbusters on the lineup then it will be a good year! I don't mind if the rest of the lineup changes since most people don't want TCM or even insidious to return to HHN for some reason. I can understand them not wanting TCM but Insidious mazes are good so I don't exactly understand why some people want it erased from this year's lineup. I'm sure this year will be worth it for everyone and will hopefully be a good year.

We can never have too much The Weeknd at HHN If he was a IP that would regularly return to HHN when he launches a new album I don't think most of us would mind. Also this is "Dawn FM" some scenes from the music videos would make a really great maze not to mention the music!
This is why I will never complain about TCM/Halloween coming back at any year.

you know these pages in, I do kind of wish people would talk about how Hydra may of gotten Urban Inferno right in theorying xD
Fred Armisen Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don't mind an IP repeat as long as it's a new iteration or one of the sequels they haven't gotten to yet. For example, if it was Halloween H20 that was announced, I'd be stoked. But if we were going back to the original or Halloween 4? I'd be pissed. And honestly, time heals all wounds. If it was based on the Halloween maze we got in 09, even that I'd be stoked. Same goes for TCM. TCM original has been covered 4 times. But if we did the TCM maze from 07-08 again? Honestly, that's one of my biggest wishes. I really wish more of y'all got to see TCM: Back in Business, it genuinely was THE best and scariest maze I've ever been in. Even worse, it is absolutely a CRIME it is not on YouTube or recorded somewhere. It was around for TWO YEARS and we as fans somehow fumbled that.

Now that Dark Harbor has risen from The Depths, it'd be nice if we were thrown a bone or two from HHN

Just a few bones to complete my 2024 skeleton..
DK coming back is one of the best haunt news of the year. I considered it to be 2019 SoCal Haunt of the year. This makes the competition better especially for HHN.

Reactions: TableYe
This year should include Ghostbusters in '24 for sure. It would be nice to see a Blumhouse multi maze again, which should include a complication of Insidious (including the most recent Red Door of '23). Eli Roth's Thanksgiving made 3x it's budget in '23, and that could be a really good maze.
I think there has been contention on the matter of Weeknd for Orlando--but @Legacy has actively commented against the notion of Weeknd in Orlando.

Part of me wonders if AHTDN may of made things comfortable for one coast to get Weeknd only.

Reactions: c.layso
This year should include Ghostbusters in '24 for sure. It would be nice to see a Blumhouse multi maze again, which should include a complication of Insidious (including the most recent Red Door of '23). Eli Roth's Thanksgiving made 3x it's budget in '23, and that could be a really good maze.
Do you seriously like the Blumhouse multi mazes? I always thought mostly everyone hated to to be honest I also don't like them since I think these IPS should have solo mazes. A compilation maze doesn't allow us to see every aspect of the IP that we want to see it's not as effective as solo mazes.

Do you seriously like the Blumhouse multi mazes? I always thought mostly everyone hated to to be honest I also don't like them since I think these IPS should have solo mazes. A compilation maze doesn't allow us to see every aspect of the IP that we want to see it's not as effective as solo mazes.

They've been hit or miss.

I mean, let’s be real. Movies like Unfriended and Truth or Dare neither have the material to work with or the larger IP interest/appeal to make them full-blown mazes like you want. Smushing them together in a mash-up maze works better because you get a taste of what each is like for just long enough before they’ve overstayed their welcome and it becomes clear that there’s only so much you can do with them.

Hell, I loved Freaky, for instance, but I can readily admit that there’s not that much to work with for a maze since 80% of the movie is focused on the comedy of the swap concept, and what we did get on both coasts in 2022’s mashup maze covered all the ground possible (the few kills, unique sets, etc.) that the movie provided.

They’re not all going to be bangers, and some movies CAN provide full mazes, but… the compilation mazes have their place at HHN when it comes to representing “lesser” horror movies and giving them a space to play. (And whether they succeed in doing so is a different conversation on a case-by-case basis, but my overall point is still the same.)

I mean, let’s be real. Movies like Unfriended and Truth or Dare neither have the material to work with or the larger IP interest/appeal to make them full-blown mazes like you want. Smushing them together in a mash-up maze works better because you get a taste of what each is like for just long enough before they’ve overstayed their welcome and it becomes clear that there’s only so much you can do with them.

Hell, I loved Freaky, for instance, but I can readily admit that there’s not that much to work with for a maze since 80% of the movie is focused on the comedy of the swap concept, and what we did get on both coasts in 2022’s mashup maze covered all the ground possible (the few kills, unique sets, etc.) that the movie provided.

They’re not all going to be bangers, and some movies CAN provide full mazes, but… the compilation mazes have their place at HHN when it comes to representing “lesser” horror movies and giving them a space to play. (And whether they succeed in doing so is a different conversation on a case-by-case basis, but my overall point is still the same.)
That makes alot of sense. I agree that freaky would not have enough material to be it's own maze. However does anyone agree that if insidious does make a appearance at HHN it should be it's own maze? The insidious mazes from HHN looked both insane and fun at the same time. I however did not experience an insidious maze yet so that would mean I don't have experience talking about this these of mazes. For those of you that experienced an insidious maze was it good enough for you to want this franchise to come back to HHN as a indirect repeat?

I don't mind an IP repeat as long as it's a new iteration or one of the sequels they haven't gotten to yet. For example, if it was Halloween H20 that was announced, I'd be stoked. But if we were going back to the original or Halloween 4? I'd be pissed. And honestly, time heals all wounds. If it was based on the Halloween maze we got in 09, even that I'd be stoked. Same goes for TCM. TCM original has been covered 4 times. But if we did the TCM maze from 07-08 again? Honestly, that's one of my biggest wishes. I really wish more of y'all got to see TCM: Back in Business, it genuinely was THE best and scariest maze I've ever been in. Even worse, it is absolutely a CRIME it is not on YouTube or recorded somewhere. It was around for TWO YEARS and we as fans somehow fumbled that.

Could that actually be possible? Is their a chance that the TCM we might be getting at HHN 2024 might be back in business your making that maze sound like it was a really good/fun maze. I'm sure many HHN fans would love to experience that maze. Could make sense that John Murdy is taking form the house you described and adding more parts to it. That's why he described it as "Most disturbing HHN House" of course the slaughterhouse research could just be what he meant but I'm not quite sure anymore.

Last edited:
Could that actually be possible? Is their a chance that the TCM we might be getting at HHN 2024 might be back in business your making that maze sound like it was a really good/fun maze. I'm sure many HHN fans would love to experience that maze. Could make sense that John Murdy is taking form the house you described and adding more parts to it. That's why he described it as "Most disturbing HHN House" of course the slaughterhouse research could just be what he meant but I'm not quite sure anymore.
Doubtful. The TCM remake isn't really relevant, sadly, so there's no demand for it. Maybe in a few years whenever the 00s become nostalgic, but we're barely hitting 90s nostalgia, so it'll be another decade or so. Shame though, the music before entering the maze was so freakin' haunting. Felt like you were about to actually be murdered.

Hmm.. while I do appreciate finally seeing a video for Hollywood's 2007 TCM house, I think I liked Orlando's version better (located in the Earthquake queue, no tent like Supercharged).

- Grandpa was in the wheelchair to the left as soon as you entered.
- The big metal door was a "Leatherface scare" where he'd slide it open/shut like in the film.
- Leatherface scareactors would graze their chainsaws on the windows ("outside") creating sparks.
- basement/tunnel chainsaw wall scare with strobes
- swinging body on a track (can't remember if it was a dummy or "victim")
- "over the fence" chainsaw scares
- the hanging sheets being the finale

Anyway. You get the idea. While I do like the TCM remake, I'm running on TCM fatigue after 2016, 2017 & 2021. It doesn't offer up anything "new". So it's just difficult to get hyped from this returning IP rumor.

Reactions: ProjectScare