Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's just the same projector scaffolding they have been using for awhile now. It sits back about 100 feet from the house next to the queue. I'll take a pic next time I'm there unless someone already has one.

Thanks sjago! I look forward to the pics, both wide and super tight.

On another topic... and this is kind of touchy. How does Uni avoid hiring an actor that is "off the chizain". (ok, I am going to spook a few of you here) How do they make sure the knife or hatchet on set and in an actors hand isn't the real deal brought in from the outside?

Last edited:

On another topic... and this is kind of touchy. How does Uni avoid hiring an actor that is "off the chizain". (ok, I am going to spook a few of you here) How do they make sure the knife or hatchet on set and in an actors hand isn't the real deal brought in from the outside?

I don't have inside info here, but I would assume there are 1) basic background checks when actors are hired and 2) daily inspections of props, costumes, set pieces and special effects, just like in any theater production.

I was pretty uncomfortable (maybe spooked along those same lines) going through Silent Hill a couple of years ago when a Scareactor pointed a hand gun at me and pulled the trigger... I was sure it was a loaded with blanks (and it was)... I'm not sure why it bothered me, but I just felt that was wrong on a lot of levels....

I was pretty uncomfortable (maybe spooked along those same lines) going through Silent Hill a couple of years ago when a Scareactor pointed a hand gun at me and pulled the trigger... I was sure it was a loaded with blanks (and it was)... I'm not sure why it bothered me, but I just felt that was wrong on a lot of levels....

Yep, I doubt they are watched dressing into their costumes in the locker room. I worry what they might swap their prop for...

Enough of the dark stuff. Let me equate a secret of this event to the windows on Main Street USA at MK. Makeup artists, Prop makers, Set designers, Set decorators and even art directors, their names are literally posted artistically throughout this event. There are even photos of some of them in the biggest of the houses and perhaps elsewhere. If you are a mega HHN fan, then look for the well known names everywhere, 'cause they are everywhere.

Well horror nights this year is filled with weapons. The purgers and especially Meyers all had pretty realistic weapons and knifes and some of the Meyers go very VERY close to you with them. I see it as just good fun and I'm almost positive universal wouldn't go through the audition process and rehearsals without noticing anybody fishy. If not they'd just stab you with a plastic knife and while it would hurt, it would make for a very funny court case lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I doubt they are watched dressing into their costumes in the locker room. I worry what they might swap their prop for...

Enough of the dark stuff. Let me equate a secret of this event to the windows on Main Street USA at MK. Makeup artists, Prop makers, Set designers, Set decorators and even art directors, their names are literally posted artistically throughout this event. There are even photos of some of them in the biggest of the houses and perhaps elsewhere. If you are a mega HHN fan, then look for the well known names everywhere, 'cause they are everywhere.

Aiello spaghetti sauce for the win

I was just notified that I've won The HHN Compound Survivor Meet Up, more details to follow in an email but this is what is listed on the HHN Website

A TERROR-FILLED NIGHT

Attendees will have the opportunity to dine on horrific deserts from the Chefs at the Hard Rock Hotel, hear from 2014 Syfy Faceoff contestant David “Doc” O’Connell, get sliced and diced by an HHN make-up artist, and then “come home” with a walking, lights-on tour of the Halloween house with the team that made it come to life, including a Q/A with Mike Aiello.

Afterwards, receive special access to two haunted houses, Roanoke: Cannibal Colony and Halloween, before the general public. For good measure, attendees will set off into Universal Studios Florida for a Recon Mission that night.

Yeah I'm pretty freaking excited!

Reactions: Skubersky
I was just notified that I've won The HHN Compound Survivor Meet Up, more details to follow in an email but this is what is listed on the HHN Website

A TERROR-FILLED NIGHT

Attendees will have the opportunity to dine on horrific deserts from the Chefs at the Hard Rock Hotel, hear from 2014 Syfy Faceoff contestant David “Doc” O’Connell, get sliced and diced by an HHN make-up artist, and then “come home” with a walking, lights-on tour of the Halloween house with the team that made it come to life, including a Q/A with Mike Aiello.

Afterwards, receive special access to two haunted houses, Roanoke: Cannibal Colony and Halloween, before the general public. For good measure, attendees will set off into Universal Studios Florida for a Recon Mission that night.

Good for you buddy :thumbs:

that's why there are so many flashlight workers in the houses I guess? for everyone's safety?

Last edited:
I was almost stabbed in the face twice by the plague doctors with their masks in 2011.

that's why there are so many flashlight workers in the houses I guess? for everyone's safety?

This year they seem to keep their flashlights off unless people stop. Way less intrusive than in years past. I still wish they would have very rudimentary costumes but have name tags to signify their position.

This year they seem to keep their flashlights off unless people stop. Way less intrusive than in years past. I still wish they would have very rudimentary costumes but have name tags to signify their position.

That's something I always wanted to see, for them to have cloaks or something, But I can understand how that could be a problem.

Congrats hate that sounds fantastic!!!! Tell us how it is. Oh I forgot to mention the ops. WAY better than years past. Never once did I have a problem. I think the reason why they were so bad in the past is due to lack of real training, now they're unnoticeable. But I do feel bad for the one in the crib room for dollhouse. I walked through it once and had the smell on me, couldn't imagine him at the end of the night lol

I think the idea of a real Michael Myers swapping a fake, Universal provided weapon for a real one is surely a horror movie just waiting to be made?

I think the lack of guns involved in HHN is very telling, given the current climate. I'd imagine being shot at with blanks there would feel pretty uncomfortable, in a bad way. Are the Myers knives made of foam?

I think the idea of a real Michael Myers swapping a fake, Universal provided weapon for a real one is surely a horror movie just waiting to be made?

I think the lack of guns involved in HHN is very telling, given the current climate. I'd imagine being shot at with blanks there would feel pretty uncomfortable, in a bad way. Are the Myers knives made of foam?

The purge is full of guns, all the avp marines have em. Also some in FDTD and walking dead. And in halloween the final scene has dr. Loomis shooting across the crowd at myers. I don't think they have shied away from it.

However. In the purge scare zone they don't ever brandished their weapons and pointed theme at people and they don't fire them. Kinda makes it less scary.

That's what I was getting at I think. At least in terms of firearms, you're usually caught in the crossfire, or as part of a scene, rather than directly shot at. That's why Frank Drackman's story about getting shot at in Silent Hill seemed odd or notable to me.

Saturday they let us out around 5:45, walked us to Dracula, Then AvP opened at 6:00pm..

Thanks! General public at the gate is let in at 18h30, not? Am just hoping I can do FDTD and Walking Dead with minimal wait before the gates go open, then go to clowns and then go to the back of the park for Halloween, Dollhouse and Roanoke.
Hopefully this Thursday will be a tad less busy than opening night.

Be warned Giggles and Gore does suffer the from the Daylight-Disaster curse pretty bad. To the point where it might ruin your first run through. About half the actors will try to scare but it's easily noticeable.

You have to remember, it's still a AP night, along with FF and Rush of Fear as well. So all bets are off for Thursday.

Bayou of Blood show- You can always ask the voodoo queen when does the show start. Before the start you will see the creatures gather around in the street near the shack and hear old New Orleans style music. Shows are done every hour.

The Purge captured show- It starts in the street of Finnegans near Transformer side. Then after they've picked the victims. They will travel to the other side of the street near mummy side. Not sure how often these are done.

A TERROR-FILLED NIGHT

Universal PR may have some nefarious schemes hatched to get back for the release of all of that insider info. Beware the Ides of October, or was that March... Just kidding, good buddy. You'll have fun. Enjoy!!!