Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's what I was getting at I think. At least in terms of firearms, you're usually caught in the crossfire, or as part of a scene, rather than directly shot at. That's why Frank Drackman's story about getting shot at in Silent Hill seemed odd or notable to me.

Maybe there was something going on behind me that I did not notice...I found it odd myself as not much bothers me, but I really thought it was a poor choice to do something like that...but maybe it was just my perception and there was something else she was pointing that handgun at...

- - - Updated - - -

I was just notified that I've won The HHN Compound Survivor Meet Up, more details to follow in an email but this is what is listed on the HHN Website

Congrats! Sounds like a very cool experience.

Did anyone do the ap early entry and what were your wait times for the houses? I ended up showing up around 6.15 Friday and did Dollhouse and Roanoke walk on but halloween was 60 and we skipped it til later. I'm curious how it flows cause this sat I'll be there on time.

Did anyone do the ap early entry and what were your wait times for the houses? I ended up showing up around 6.15 Friday and did Dollhouse and Roanoke walk on but halloween was 60 and we skipped it til later. I'm curious how it flows cause this sat I'll be there on time.

On Sat, we waited about 20 minutes for Roanoke and 30 for Halloween right after. Dollhouse had a wait time listed of 45 so we just skipped it.

That's what I was getting at I think. At least in terms of firearms, you're usually caught in the crossfire, or as part of a scene, rather than directly shot at. That's why Frank Drackman's story about getting shot at in Silent Hill seemed odd or notable to me.

Maybe there was something going on behind me that I did not notice...I found it odd myself as not much bothers me, but I really thought it was a poor choice to do something like that...but maybe it was just my perception and there was something else she was pointing that handgun at...

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Sounds like a very cool experience.

I heard before that the actors are never allowed to point the guns at you. I think it was last year or the year before, But I remember someone mentioning how the actors cannot point their guns at you at any time.

maybe there was a creature behind that the actor was "shooting" at?

I was just notified that I've won The HHN Compound Survivor Meet Up, more details to follow in an email but this is what is listed on the HHN Website

A TERROR-FILLED NIGHT

Attendees will have the opportunity to dine on horrific deserts from the Chefs at the Hard Rock Hotel, hear from 2014 Syfy Faceoff contestant David “Doc” O’Connell, get sliced and diced by an HHN make-up artist, and then “come home” with a walking, lights-on tour of the Halloween house with the team that made it come to life, including a Q/A with Mike Aiello.

Afterwards, receive special access to two haunted houses, Roanoke: Cannibal Colony and Halloween, before the general public. For good measure, attendees will set off into Universal Studios Florida for a Recon Mission that night.

Yeah I'm pretty freaking excited!

I'm glad they had a really good prize for the Compound. We need a write-up after you do this!

The nazi werewolf last year pointed that machine gun straight in my face and I loved it lol. The weapons in the purge are..off in some cases. There was one girl in particular slamming two garbage can tops together, she was obviously on a budget this year lol. I do feel bad for the purgers with guns though. They looks so jealous of the others with knifes. The only thing they could really do to scare is stomp it scream witch is kinda lame

We did AP early entry 9/20 and we were right on time. Got in at 5:15. Roanoke was nearly walk on. Dollhouse took make 15-20 minutes. Halloween then had a posted wait of 75, but was far less. Maybe 30. We got in line for Halloween around 6.

This is really more related to HHN 25 but I thought I would share this. I just did a survey for this years HHN. It looks like they may be considering a 4th year of Walking Dead.
rx4Cdanl.png

I really hope you said no on all of those options. As much as I liked the house this year it needs to die lol. By the way can I please get a link to that survey? I'd love to share my thoughts

This is really more related to HHN 25 but I thought I would share this. I just did a survey for this years HHN. It looks like they may be considering a 4th year of Walking Dead.

Mercy, while I knew I wasn't whistling dixie in a recent pm, I am surprised they are popping surveys so fast! Some of you would be shocked.

I really hope you said no on all of those options. As much as I liked the house this year it needs to die lol. By the way can I please get a link to that survey? I'd love to share my thoughts

I actually said I don't have a strong opinion and doesn't really make a difference. I don't really have anything against Walking Dead, this years house is really good. At the same time I certainly wouldn't miss it if it didn't come back.

I tried the link again but it seems to be a one time use link.

Just a quick question: What do you think is the least-scary house at HHN? We will visit October 5th, and we (as europeans) are not used to big haunts and stuff... So we just might want to start a bit relaxed and when we think that HHN is our thing we´ll rockit (hahaha) till the end...

Halloween is without a doubt the least scary house and you should start with that one...... just kidding I'd say it has to be a toss up between Dracula or From Dusk til Dawn

haha :D Yeah, lets just start with Halloween, it´s a good start :D :D No, I spoil myself and take the POVS in :D

For me it was somehow tied between Dracula and Dollhouse..Dolls don´t creep me out but I do think Dracula might be a good start ;)

I would say start with FDTD, roanoake, or Dracula. Except personally FDTD and Dracula are the worst two so if you aren't sure u can do them all then I would say skip them and start roanoake.

Dollhouse is an extremely creepy house. I don't have a problem with dolls but there are a few other things in that house I do have a problem with.

Just a quick question: What do you think is the least-scary house at HHN? We will visit October 5th, and we (as europeans) are not used to big haunts and stuff... So we just might want to start a bit relaxed and when we think that HHN is our thing we´ll rockit (hahaha) till the end...

I'd say alien vs predator. It was my first house and I didn't flinch once thanks to the puppets. Just gets you into the atmosphere of the event kinda like a warm up. Everything else is kinda the same level for me but I'm gonna tell you this right now. I'm not scared of dolls in the slightest but that house really got me, definitely not the one to start out with in my opinion

I would say start with Dracula or Roanoke. Dracula definitely was not scary, and I scary easily. Same with Roanked. I'd also rank AVP up there, though it is my favorite house. Definitely don't start with Dollhouse, Giggles and Gore, or Halloween if you are looking to ease into it.

I was pretty uncomfortable (maybe spooked along those same lines) going through Silent Hill a couple of years ago when a Scareactor pointed a hand gun at me and pulled the trigger... I was sure it was a loaded with blanks (and it was)... I'm not sure why it bothered me, but I just felt that was wrong on a lot of levels....

Absolutely would not happen at Universal. Guns with blanks are still live ammunition without the projectile and if fired directly at someone it could cause powder burn or worse. Even in stunt shows like terminator the guns are never pointed remotely close to the actors. There is very specialized training and triple checks that go on when handling guns with blanks. And they are never given to scare actors. What you see are hard rubber guns with solid barrels! Some may light up or have sound effects but non have actual blanks inside. NO WAY NO HOW!!!!