Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

Jul 20, 2013
Someplace I think
Well with 23 officially over...shall we commence? :lol:

I think this year's event definitely raises a lot of questions for what next year's event will be like...such as if we're going to be seeing Walking Dead yet again, if this will finally be the year where both parks are used again, if there will be four soundstage houses again, if Diagon Alley will be open during the event...and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
I say they could do one house for each season of walking dead. so that would be 4 houses based on the show :rofl:

No Diagon Alley. Unless they revise the Potter contract. It prohibits any holiday event in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on the grounds that it trashes the brand. After JK's last trip to HHN, I don't think she's inclined to revise that.

As for Walking Dead. Hopefully never again and they stop ruining our ability to have scare zones.

Since TWD is taking place at the prison again this season, they'll either reuse the house or get rid of it. As for IP houses, my guess is there'll be 4:

Treehouse of Horror
American Horror Story
A Video Game house (either The Last of Us or Bioshock)
A classic horror movie house (could be anything)

I really love the idea of a Treehouse of Horror walkthrough. More laugh gags than scares.

If they do this they better make the costumes close to what the costumes for the Simpsons characters are (like Homer, Krusty etc but cheaper I guess) It would suck if they tried something else Like having regular actors trying to pass as Springfield residents. I know not all the costumes would be great but they should at least resemble them with the big heads and what not...

No Diagon Alley. Unless they revise the Potter contract. It prohibits any holiday event in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on the grounds that it trashes the brand. After JK's last trip to HHN, I don't think she's inclined to revise that.

As for Walking Dead. Hopefully never again and they stop ruining our ability to have scare zones.

But why can't they have Diagon Alley open without anything "HHN" in it? That's what I don't understand. Specially with the amount of crowds we keep having during HHN, you would think having Diagon Alley would help with that.

Lol at this thread already starting. I agree that Diagon Alley should be closed off to HHN guests.

Don't need Potter crowds, IMO, at an already over crowded event.

On the flip side, not sure you want the general public who've heard nothing but how great Diagon Alley is since June showing up to find it closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Not picking a fight, but genuinely curious, can you cite (or better yet cut and paste) the sections of the contract you are referring to? Have not read it myself--no desire to read it unless I'm getting $300/hour--but I've heard conflicting reports on what it says as to use during HHN (or any special event for that matter).

And while I agree TWD was overused this year, the show is a bigger ratings juggernaut than ever this season. I think we see at least another house.

I think uni will see the partnership with AMC's TWD as a great success therefore I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it's return next year.

We REALLY, REALLY don't need this thread. The event ended last night. How much can we really speculate over right now?

Well granted, every HHN speculation thread I've seen here is made shortly after the last event ends...so I felt it was only natural to follow suit. :shrug:

And besides, there are a couple of things right now that can be discussed...

I'm sure we'll see another IP heavy event before a more standard classic HHN at 25.

I think we will see American Horror Story, Conjuring, maybe Insidious.

But why can't they have Diagon Alley open without anything "HHN" in it? That's what I don't understand. Specially with the amount of crowds we keep having during HHN, you would think having Diagon Alley would help with that.

I know nothing of the deal they have, but I would guess that if the land is open for the event, then JK gets a piece of the gate. I would assume they can have a hard ticket event with the area not operating where they would not need to share the gate as the area is not any part of the draw, but again, I have no idea of any details.

For next year, I would think that Comcast would start looking for synergies. Right now this year, NBC has Grimm and Dracula, if those shows are still going, I would think UNI might think about promoting NBC shows like that by representing them at HHN....just a thought.

I know nothing of the deal they have, but I would guess that if the land is open for the event, then JK gets a piece of the gate. I would assume they can have a hard ticket event with the area not operating where they would not need to share the gate as the area is not any part of the draw, but again, I have no idea of any details.

For next year, I would think that Comcast would start looking for synergies. Right now this year, NBC has Grimm and Dracula, if those shows are still going, I would think UNI might think about promoting NBC shows like that by representing them at HHN....just a thought.
Originally La Llorona was supposed to be a Grimm tie in this year, wonder why it didn't happen

I remember back in 2002 when they first did a house that promoted an NBC show...it was called "Fear Factor"

...and it's a house that's best left forgotten...

*shudders*

No more video games, no more walking dead please. Side note, the sheer thought of a bioshock house makes me want to puke.