Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's just typical HHN Twitter being typical HHN Twitter. Do they expect us to be surprised that they're doing this? I mean yeah they should be planning this stuff right now, whoop de doo

I was in the not going to be in both parks group before, but I'm starting to think they are going to be forced to this year.

This. Three months after the Halloween holiday and everyone is twisting their units over the next one. Give it a rest until June at least.

HHN is the reason the parks lasted long enough to win Potter and become contenders in the Orlando market. Kind of have to accept it has a rabid fanbase. Although I'd say at this point, its number of mainstream fans has overtaken even Food & Wine. No matter what else might open, the Orlando theme park year revolves around HHN.

I'm surprised UOR or someone else hasn't tried to clone the basic concept--a temporary adults-only theme park product with a half dozen or more E-tickets. Not necessarily Halloween, tho another theme doesn't jump to mind right away. The amount of tickets they sell in that short, traditionally slow time of year just boggles the mind.

Reactions: Clive and Mad Dog
HHN is the reason the parks lasted long enough to win Potter and become contenders in the Orlando market. Kind of have to accept it has a rabid fanbase. Although I'd say at this point, its number of mainstream fans has overtaken even Food & Wine. No matter what else might open, the Orlando theme park year revolves around HHN.

I'm surprised UOR or someone else hasn't tried to clone the basic concept--a temporary adults-only theme park product with a half dozen or more E-tickets. Not necessarily Halloween, tho another theme doesn't jump to mind right away. The amount of tickets they sell in that short, traditionally slow time of year just boggles the mind.

Not to mention food, alcohol, and merch sales. People buy those shirts every year, no matter how terrible they are.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Not to mention food, alcohol, and merch sales. People buy those shirts every year, no matter how terrible they are.

Exactly. I get that after-hours events can be tough to clone--Pirates & Princesses failed twice, Mickey's Valentines party never got off the ground--but I'm still surprised we've never seen an attempt at "St Patricks Nights" or ... I don't know, I've got nothing. Maybe it's a Discovery Cove situation, where dolphins are the only animal it works for.

Exactly. I get that after-hours events can be tough to clone--Pirates & Princesses failed twice, Mickey's Valentines party never got off the ground--but I'm still surprised we've never seen an attempt at "St Patricks Nights" or ... I don't know, I've got nothing. Maybe it's a Discovery Cove situation, where dolphins are the only animal it works for.

I'm still surprised Disney has never tried to make an inbetween-er HHN in Florida. They've done it in both WDSP and HKDL, and I don't see why it wouldn't be at least a moderate success at a park like DHS which has to struggle mightily during the Halloween season.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm still surprised Disney has never tried to make an inbetween-er HHN in Florida. They've done it in both WDSP and HKDL, and I don't see why it wouldn't be at least a moderate success at a park like DHS which has to struggle mightily during the Halloween season.

It seems the most effective way to leverage their Disney Villains IP. While not a model of high capacity, a maze-like environment would be a lot more efficient than meet-and-greets. And those temp bars would make bank. Throw in some fireworks, dance party, ToT, maybe a RnRC overlay--you have an $80 ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleSkip
Didn't get the survey but I'm willing to bet it's the standard "What properties would you like to see?" "Do you think TWD should come back?" "How intense do you want the event to be?" etc.

Reactions: Cole
The Disney Mom's would be up in arms over an event inappropriate for their little widdle kids . :)

I think that type of Disney mom is pretty small. Honestly, the majority of Disney freaks that could be called Disney moms would love a night out without the children and to have adult fun at Disney. So I don't know how many complaints they would get. But I wonder if they think an adult only type event won't be popular enough with HHN as competition. Maybe they don't want to try, because if they fail it would be bad? Who knows with Disney. They sometimes make zero sense.

But then on the flip side it would be like saying why doesn't Uni create a kid friendly after hours party like Disney does at Halloween and Christmas. I mean they could use IOA and do something kid friendly and make a ton of money. Each park has their "thing" and they stick with it because it makes them money.