Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it the survey? That little three question thing? How could that get the forum in trouble?
It was more than 3 questions, I believe I can say since it was revealed prior to the confidential notice that it was supposed to take 7 minutes.

It really wasn't anything special though, I'm beginning to think they're just putting that notice on more liberally now.

Let's be real, HHN is the only theme park event worthy of being called an event. It's the only one people endlessly speculate on throughout the year, only one with major announcements that generate tons of hype and it's the only event that stops everything theme parks when it comes out. There are podcasts, websites, forums just dedicated to it and only it. Nothing can touch it, so why bother fighting it? If Disney made a scary event in MGM, it would be ripped into shreds. Unfair comparisons would be made and the constant backlash from fans and press because "Disney is making something scary" would be a disaster. Disney was never known for making horror movies, just leave it to the masters.

Also yawwwwn, survey period, do you want to see walking dead return? Just ready for some eventual leaks that are somewhat legitimate, none of that "prop master" garbage :lmao:

Let's be real, HHN is the only theme park event worthy of being called an event. It's the only one people endlessly speculate on throughout the year, only one with major announcements that generate tons of hype and it's the only event that stops everything theme parks when it comes out. There are podcasts, websites, forums just dedicated to it and only it. Nothing can touch it, so why bother fighting it? If Disney made a scary event in MGM, it would be ripped into shreds. Unfair comparisons would be made and the constant backlash from fans and press because "Disney is making something scary" would be a disaster. Disney was never known for making horror movies, just leave it to the masters.

Also yawwwwn, survey period, do you want to see walking dead return? Just ready for some eventual leaks that are somewhat legitimate, none of that "prop master" garbage :lmao:

I agree that Disney would have unfair comparison and all the stuff. Which is why I don't think they do it. Just like if Uni tried to do a kid event they would not do very well and have unfair comparisons. As I stated, they have their way of doing things and stick to it.

However, I can't say that HHN is the only one worth calling an event. Mickey's not so scary event while not the cup of tea of most people on here is extremely popular and has its own cult following. Mickey's Christmas event is also very popular. To discount those events as events because you don't like them is being a fanboy. They are very successful events, they sell out, people love them, and they make Disney a crap ton of money.

Now the other ticket events I can agree with you, none of them have caught on as much as the Halloween and Christmas ones have. But they are also much newer. I think Disney is trying to build on the success of their two popular ones and they just haven't been able to because the other ones are in parks that don't have enough to do to have a separate ticket event.

I think it's fair to say that MNSSHP and MVMCP are not in the same league as HHN. Sure they sell out but they limit the number of tickets sold so that short waits is part of the appeal of going. They also don't really offer that much more than just the park redecorated.

As for adult events at WDW, I think there is potential for them to do something and it being very successful. F&W has essentially become an adult event and I think it's popularity points to a demand for that type of thing at WDW.

I think it's fair to say that MNSSHP and MVMCP are not in the same league as HHN. Sure they sell out but they limit the number of tickets sold so that short waits is part of the appeal of going. They also don't really offer that much more than just the park redecorated.

From a drawing standpoint.... They are in the same league. Disney's event may not be your cup of tea, but they pull in crowds.

From a drawing standpoint.... They are in the same league. Disney's event may not be your cup of tea, but they pull in crowds.
I've been to both of the WDW parties, I enjoyed them. Even on sold out nights crowds are far lighter than the lightest HHN nights.

Well also keep in mind that the capacity for MK is much larger than USF.
Yeah that's true. I don't know what the HHN numbers are but I've always heard the parties are capped at around 20k. To me I guess the fact they the cap the attendance so that the crowds are lighter as part of the appeal of that particular event is what sets it apart in a different league. With HHN the event stands on it's own without needing to say "plus you can ride all the rides without a long wait" to help sell it.

I didn't do HHN the last two times I was at Universal in the fall. I only once attended HHN, in 2013, I think three nights. Like Teebin, I'm not a big horror fan. But you people have really started to spur my interest. I think I'll try a few nights again when I go to Universal this autumn. :thumbsup:

I didn't do HHN the last two times I was at Universal in the fall. I only once attended HHN, in 2013, I think three nights. Like Teebin, I'm not a big horror fan. But you people have really started to spur my interest. I think I'll try a few nights again when I go to Universal this autumn. :thumbsup:

Man you really missed out not going last year.

*sigh*

I miss HHN 25

Understood. But with a park that's rumored to handle 100K (realistically 70-80K), crowds will feel lighter with 20K than a park where capacity is around 45-50K .

Yea, MK's capacity is 70-75K, and that's understood.

But those parties just don't draw anywhere near the amount HHN does. Hell, I'd imagine they don't draw as much as Food and Wine does.

It was more than 3 questions, I believe I can say since it was revealed prior to the confidential notice that it was supposed to take 7 minutes.

It really wasn't anything special though, I'm beginning to think they're just putting that notice on more liberally now.

I didn't take it, so I'm not bound by a confidentiality agreement, but from what I've been told by others not as clear on the first two rules of Fight Club, it suggests a fundamental re-thinking of the HHN "season pass" structure is under consideration. Obviously no guarantee any of it will come to fruition, but it suggests The Powers that Be recognize $100 for 20+ nights is no longer sustainable.

I didn't take it, so I'm not bound by a confidentiality agreement, but from what I've been told by others not as clear on the first two rules of Fight Club, it suggests a fundamental re-thinking of the HHN "season pass" structure is under consideration. Obviously no guarantee any of it will come to fruition, but it suggests The Powers that Be recognize $100 for 20+ nights is no longer sustainable.
I would say and this is probably the best I can do without discussing the actual survey, the survey wasn't really anything all that different from past years and my takeaway was opposite of yours.

This was my point. It is different types of crowds, but both are huge draws. While MK doesn't offer much extra, they offer lower capacity. HHN offers a ton of additional stuff, but one of the draws is NOT low capacity. That park is crowded as anything.

Does anyone have the numbers on how many people attend HHN on popular nights? It would be interesting to see how above or below the 20k mark they are which is sell out at MK parties. I also agree there are huge followings for HHN and they get a ton of repeat business where Mickey is a one and done event. But also keep in mind they don't discount the Mickey events and there is no multi day passes. So when looking at money made on ticket sales you have to look at how much is full price and how many people actually pay that full price. I think HHN crowding issue has a lot to do with the multi day passes they sell. So now you would need to look at the number of unique guests that experience each event. It is actually pretty complex to figure out which is attended by more people and I doubt it ever would be able to be figured out.

Bottom line. Both events are extremely popular, both events make tons of money for their parks, and both events have distinctly different types of crowds.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yea, MK's capacity is 70-75K, and that's understood.

But those parties just don't draw anywhere near the amount HHN does. Hell, I'd imagine they don't draw as much as Food and Wine does.

Well that is not a fair comparison at all. You are talking about a free event that runs for a month and half every day vs. a paid event that runs only select nights. That would be like if Mardi Gras ran every night for a month and half and you saying it brought in more people in attendance than HHN.