Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just pray to god it is better than Psychopath.

Random Thought (please chime in @BriMan): has there been any kind of correlation btw house announcement list/order and quality? Of course, this is subjective but I think it could be interesting to look into....?

I have no idea when/which house will be announced next, so maybe that will give us a better indication but I think it's just getting out the heavy hitters first for hype machine to general public. Just an opinion here but I don't think we hear anything in May since they are getting ready for Kong opening and should shift into Hulk hype after the big "Get ready for Kong/Opening date" PR reveal.

As far as video game houses, I don't think it's flopped that hard. Silent Hill was definitely the worse of the two, but the Cali version was muchhhhhhh better - but we also know Silent Hill was supposed to originally be AWiL. Resident Evil seems to be a more meh house than outright bad, but in Japan it looked awesome and seemed to be positively received.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I thought the two had insane amounts of potential but none really did anything to make it above average. I liked RE more for the puppets but other than that, meh. I don't think they did that well reception wise either, other houses typically took the spotlight. Even though I doubt they'll come back to games, I think bio shock would have to be the natural next step even though it would be insanely tough to do

The next announcement pretty much depends on what Hollywood announces. I can see a situation where we announce TWD and they announce FVJ this month. If The Conjuring is the next announcement it probably won't be until the first week of June.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The next announcement pretty much depends on what Hollywood announces. I can see a situation where we announce TWD and they announce FVJ this month. If The Conjuring is the next announcement it probably won't be until the first week of June.

Either that, or USH could possibly announce something also from AMC; just not TWD nor FTWD as an exclusive.

I got it, it'll be a house themed to Bravo reality television.
Yeah, it starts with makeovers from the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy team, then you have to face real housewives who get progressively scarier with each season and plastic surgery they get.

TWD permanent attraction is one USH's HHN properties now. They're not going to build a second TWD house there.

Resident Evil was a miss and I think it was because they tried to keep it too close to a video game. The Pause room is probably one of the single biggest missteps that I've seen in the 3 years that I've been going and their attempt to fix it made it even worse.

I assume you're referring to Preacher? If that's the case, I could see an announcement around the week of May 22nd.

I wouldn't call it impossible for Hollywood trying to see if Preacher would work for a house. It also makes sense, considering John's relationship not just with AMC, but Seth Rogens relationship from last years This is The End.

Last edited:
Resident Evil was a miss and I think it was because they tried to keep it too close to a video game. The Pause room is probably one of the single biggest missteps that I've seen in the 3 years that I've been going and their attempt to fix it made it even worse.
I would say not getting SCREAM to sign their contract and building the house before they did was a bigger misstep I've seen in the 15 years I've been going and their attempt to fix it made it worse.

But who knows that's just me.

I would say not getting SCREAM to sign their contract and building the house before they did was a bigger misstep I've seen in the 15 years I've been going and their attempt to fix it made it worse.

I would agree with you if that is true. I think it's possible they had a contract but the Scream people had some sort of right of approval. All that being said though I think most people who knew were only disappointed because of their disappointment in what could have been. Purge was certainly not at the bottom of most peoples lists of houses for the year and considering the circumstances that's quite an accomplishment. Regardless I'm sure that has prompted them to make sure things are a little more secure contract wise before investing the time and money in building. I think that could also be why we're getting announcements earlier, they could be finalizing contracts earlier and announcing them so that the IP holder will have more pressure not to pull out of the deal.

Yeah, the whole ordeal wasn't that cut and dry.

Yeah, the whole ordeal wasn't that cut and dry.

Correct me if i'm wrong; and you can get rid of it, but didn't the reason why it got cut, was that Dimension wanted them to use the Scream TV show as a house, apposed to doing the classic film? I can be wrong about that, but I thought that was floating around somewhere.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Correct me if i'm wrong; and you can get rid of it, but didn't the reason why it got cut, was that Dimension wanted them to use the Scream TV show as a house, apposed to doing the classic film? I can be wrong about that, but I thought that was floating around somewhere.

4915999584_89757582cc_z.jpg

And theres smoke..yeah; that figures. I believe Dimesnion was also a bit of a problem for when Hollywood tried having Scream back in 2011, but that one i'm not sure.

TWD permanent attraction is one USH's HHN properties now. They're not going to build a second TWD house there..

Oh trust me, I don't think that there is a chance in heaven nor hell that they have two TWDA mazes. I was more saying of Preacher, and its possible involvement as an West Coast Exclusive for this year.

Murdy has already said he wasn't developing a TWD house for Hollywood this year. They'll have the full-time house, but that's it.

The question is if Orlando will have one.

That said, who likes sequels?

EDIT - Or "requels" are the technical term this year...

Last edited:
Preacher is the book that lifted me out of depression after being widowed, and is straight up my favorite comic of all time. If hollywood gets it and we don't....

Murdy has already said he wasn't developing a TWD house for Hollywood this year. They'll have the full-time house, but that's it.

The question is if Orlando will have one.

That said, who likes sequels?

EDIT - Or "requels" are the technical term this year...

If it is a sequel to Nightingale's or HR Bloodengutz then I do!

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne